Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

No-claim-discount (ncd)

• Please log in to reply

Jaime

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
Extracted from Insurance info website.

The premium payable may be reduced by your NCD entitlement. NCD is ‘awarded’ if no claim was made
against your policy during the preceding 12 months of policy. Your NCD entitlement will depend on the
class of your vehicle and number of years of continuous driving experience without any claim made against
your insurance policy. You will lose your entire NCD entitlement once an own damage or a third party
claim is made against your policy.
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

AX82

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

AX82

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts
HI Jaime,

I would like to ask.
Let say my parents sold his car (old age) and not going to buy any new cars anymore. Can we get back the NCD money? if happens to be after renewing the insurance for 3 mths?

Thanks,
Stephane

Jaime

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
QUOTE (AX82 @ Mar 4 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI Jaime,

I would like to ask.
Let say my parents sold his car (old age) and not going to buy any new cars anymore. Can we get back the NCD money? if happens to be after renewing the insurance for 3 mths?

Thanks,
Stephane

NCD is a discount - I don't think we can claim back any money of the NCD, but yes, you can get back the premium paid (if not used) - or maybe I don't understand your questions?
Eg. If you have already paid a premium for a motor insurance, and then sell the car, you can claim back the premium paid - eg, if you pay/renew your insurance in Jan for one year, and then you have decided to sell it in March, and then you can file a claim to get back certain amount for Apr - Dec.

FYi, Premium paid is already inclusive of the NCD discount when you buy it.
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

monroe

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
I have a question.
Let's say I have a 55% NCD, I claim the NCD from the Insurance Company (get a black and white from them), paid for the top up premium since the NCD is now 0% and next month I sold off my car and not buying any new car. After one year, if I want to buy a new car, can I still use my 55% NCD?

fkmfkm

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (monroe @ Mar 4 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question.
Let's say I have a 55% NCD, I claim the NCD from the Insurance Company (get a black and white from them), paid for the top up premium since the NCD is now 0% and next month I sold off my car and not buying any new car. After one year, if I want to buy a new car, can I still use my 55% NCD?

zero already how to become 55 ??

sorpoh

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
I have a question.

after u claimed dy...from 55% will become 0%...den after a year u can only entitle 25%...once u claimed dy..is gone.. mellow.gif

Jaime

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
I have a question.

I think NCD is earned on year to year basis you hold a policy. Assuming you own a car (with insurance coverage) continuously, here's what you will be entitled to if you did not make any claim.
1st year = 0%
2nd yr = 25%
3rd yr = 30%
4th yr = 38.333333%
5th yr = 45%
6th yr and above = 55%

I am not sure though in situation where you may own a car for 2 years, got 25% NCD, and then stop and did not own any for the 3rd year, and then bought back a car on 4th year, I think you will probably be entitled only to 30% on your 4th year (which is actually only the 3rd year you are owning a car (with insurance coverage).
Anyone can confirm this? Or pls correct me if I am wrong... wink.gif

Thanks.

Regards,
Jaime @ AW

FEMLab

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Mar 4 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eg. If you have already paid a premium for a motor insurance, and then sell the car, you can claim back the premium paid - eg, if you pay/renew your insurance in Jan for one year, and then you have decided to sell it in March, and then you can file a claim to get back certain amount for Apr - Dec.

Ohh, this is new info for me!! Is this easier said than done?? or is this normal practice when selling car

FYI, i renew my insurance for 1 year last Dec..I plan to sell my car by end of march..so I know I can transfer my NCB to a new car (but i donno the procedure..is it troublesome..can I claimed back april-nov premium at the same time?? Normally my new car SA will help or I have to do this by myself??)..Sorry if I sound like 4 years old kid..i really donno)
FEMLab

spirit36

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Mar 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh, this is new info for me!! Is this easier said than done?? or is this normal practice when selling car

FYI, i renew my insurance for 1 year last Dec..I plan to sell my car by end of march..so I know I can transfer my NCB to a new car (but i donno the procedure..is it troublesome..can I claimed back april-nov premium at the same time?? Normally my new car SA will help or I have to do this by myself??)..Sorry if I sound like 4 years old kid..i really donno)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Call and inform (sumtimes they wanna you to fax in) that u r terminating the services.
2. Ask for a confirmation letter (usually around 4 weeks)
3. Subsequently, inform your SA that u wanna transfer ur current NCB to ur new car.
(If you have NCB) If NO NCB, got to pay the full amount.
4. Ur new car sales person and the insurance he's getting for you would call up your previouse ins. and do it for you. (That services they provide to new customer)
5. You would be getting the refund from your previouse insurance.

(My case, met an accident, my fault, paid fine, both parties claim for my ins, after repair,sold off my car, suprise still get refund....)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are getting from Kur*** I wish you good luck.
The last 3 alphabert oso don't sound good.....

monroe

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (sorpoh @ Mar 6 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
after u claimed dy...from 55% will become 0%...den after a year u can only entitle 25%...once u claimed dy..is gone.. mellow.gif

Sorry for the confusion, what i meant in my question is, if i'd claimed my NCD but didnt use it on any new or used car. After few years, can I still use it when I purchase a car?