Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Early Settlement To Bank

• Please log in to reply

Art806

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Art806

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
QUOTE (cheezels21 @ Mar 13 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spirit36, what is the settlement process like? just get the settlement sum and pay at counter? i presume we'll get a release letter, so what do we do with it? Do we need to do anything on registration card or sign any other documents?

thanks

just attached the release letter with ur reg card so that the future owner can make the necessary arrangement..
<BR>-Art-<BR><BR>My Ride:<BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334">http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334</A></a>

Visit My Website

spirit36

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (Art806 @ Mar 14 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just attached the release letter with ur reg card so that the future owner can make the necessary arrangement..

-------------------------
Hi Cheez,
Art is right, attached the release letter with ur reg card and ....

What u intend to do with ur ride?
If u wanna sell and already hv a buyer/car dealer, upon receiving your $$$, hand over the release letter and ur reg. card BUT at the same time u should be getting a release letter fr the car dealer.

If u wanna keep ur ride. Sign ur reg. card and keep it safely, Never know bank might send you another letter saying over due and so on.

If you sell off ur ride, check with JPJ 1 week later to ensure ur old ride 'name' has been change.
Just call the JPJ near ur and give ur particulars, they able to update thru the phone.

Rgds.

maxjlone

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

maxjlone

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hi, My question is i had a car loan with welcome lasting for four years and included several insurances, ppi, shortfall extra, and mechanical breakdown. I traded it back to welcome after paying nearly a grand for a new exhaust after two years deciding the car was too expensive to run and as the children was getting older requiring a smaller car. Having purchased another car from welcome eighteen months ago i now feel the previous car agreement was settled without taking into account any early settlement for both the purchase and insurances.

barbiemoor

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

barbiemoor

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Car Loans are like that, unlike Housing loan interest are on balance at yearly rest

regards,
barbie

Jumpman23

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
If you early settlement also no use! this just enrich the bank now rather than wait till end of loan agreement.

Because the interest for the loan period is already top up into the instalments unlike housing loan where if you settle early the interest will be lower.

It is very strange why till today no Malaysian have the gut to bring this up in the parliament. Some car are more expensive than house, and the repay is much shorter than housing loan.

This is Malaysia BOLEH?

Our govt. very very terror la!

rikeys

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Nov 20 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you early settlement also no use! this just enrich the bank now rather than wait till end of loan agreement.

Because the interest for the loan period is already top up into the instalments unlike housing loan where if you settle early the interest will be lower.

It is very strange why till today no Malaysian have the gut to bring this up in the parliament. Some car are more expensive than house, and the repay is much shorter than housing loan.

This is Malaysia BOLEH?

Our govt. very very terror la!

u think GOV cares? else we would have cheap cars to change every 5yrs lo

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com