Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How To Claim For Insurance?

• Please log in to reply

ckwg

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
Hi all,

This is my first time my sentra being knocked at the rear by another car (Proton). I made a police report while the guy who knocked me did not want to follow me to the police station.

With the police report on my hand, what should I do next? The police told me I have to wait for 1 week for him to saman the other guy and also for the 'keputusan kes' to be out, before I can bring my car for repair and claim from the other guy's insurance company. I heard that I need to go to JPJ to get info about this guy's insurance company since the only info I have is just his car number plate.

Can someone advice me what to do next? I have a 1st party insurance on my sentra but since he knocked me at the back, I think he is at fault (very obvious, I was following slow traffic while suddenly this guy knocked me at the back). Can I just go to TCEAS and get my car fixed first?

My rear bumper did not fall off but is dented and loosen out at both sides due to the impact, and my car boot is also dented and raised up slightly (have to slamp it hard to close it).

Regards,
CKWG

fkmfkm

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 12 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

This is my first time my sentra being knocked at the rear by another car (Proton). I made a police report while the guy who knocked me did not want to follow me to the police station.

With the police report on my hand, what should I do next? The police told me I have to wait for 1 week for him to saman the other guy and also for the 'keputusan kes' to be out, before I can bring my car for repair and claim from the other guy's insurance company. I heard that I need to go to JPJ to get info about this guy's insurance company since the only info I have is just his car number plate.

Can someone advice me what to do next? I have a 1st party insurance on my sentra but since he knocked me at the back, I think he is at fault (very obvious, I was following slow traffic while suddenly this guy knocked me at the back). Can I just go to TCEAS and get my car fixed first?

My rear bumper did not fall off but is dented and loosen out at both sides due to the impact, and my car boot is also dented and raised up slightly (have to slamp it hard to close it).

Regards,
CKWG

go to your own insurance company and see if u can get KFK claim...faster this way...

ckwg

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
I checked with TCEAS and I need to get the other party's police report before I can get 'keputusan kes' and only after that I can claim from the 3rd party (same for Knock-for-knock). If the other party never made a report, then I have to either claim from my own comprehensive insurance policy or pay it myself.

By the way, anyone knows what is the correct procedure for police report? I made the police report and the investigating officer just gave me the report for RM4. He said I don't have to bring my 'garan' or something and he will settle if for me. What does that mean? Sounds fishy and does not seem right...

Micky78

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Micky78

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 13 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I checked with TCEAS and I need to get the other party's police report before I can get 'keputusan kes' and only after that I can claim from the 3rd party (same for Knock-for-knock). If the other party never made a report, then I have to either claim from my own comprehensive insurance policy or pay it myself.

By the way, anyone knows what is the correct procedure for police report? I made the police report and the investigating officer just gave me the report for RM4. He said I don't have to bring my 'garan' or something and he will settle if for me. What does that mean? Sounds fishy and does not seem right...

what the Age of your car? if your car is more then 5 yrs old, you may need to bear "betterment" if you repaired at TCEAS.

Suggest you may call up your insurance agents and ask for the prefer workshop. Normally the workshop will handle everythings for u..

it would be convenient if u request to claim under KFK.

BSDriver

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (Micky78 @ Feb 14 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what the Age of your car? if your car is more then 5 yrs old, you may need to bear "betterment" if you repaired at TCEAS.

Suggest you may call up your insurance agents and ask for the prefer workshop. Normally the workshop will handle everythings for u..

it would be convenient if u request to claim under KFK.

I made a claim through KFK. i suppose. My car was knocked down from rear a week before tahun baru Cina. Mine was the third car. There was another car in between. Went to insurance after made the police report. The police can only made the saman after the driver made the report. If that driver does not made the report, he/she will get 2 saman for not reporting the accident as well as make late report (within 24 hrs).

In my case quite clear-cut. The saman went to the Ist car driver. The workshop settled my car within 3 days - new rear bumper, boot, one rear light as well as painting. Since my car still less than 5 yrs, no betterment involved. I dont know how much the workshop charge the Ist car insurance, and he is using lawyer to claim it.

If you want an easier way, just ask any insurance agent (runner) to do the job.

BSDriver

ckwg

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
Thanks BSDriver for sharing.

Now here's the update on my case:

1) luckily for me, the 3rd party (the driver who hit the rear of my 2004 sentra) also made the report the next day. I found that out by calling the police station directly.
2) I went to buy the 3rd party report (the 'keputusan kes' not yet out) and gave it to workshop. I left my car there for repair. Still, I need the 'keputusan kes' in order to claim 3rd party insurance.
3) The next day went again to see the investigating office and bugged him to give me the 'keputusan kes'. He wrote it on his computer on the spot and printed it out for me. I asked him if I can buy more copies at the counter but he said I should come to see him again if I wanted more copies. Baffled (smelling something fishy again), I went to the document-selling counter, pretending to ask if I can buy the 'keputusan kes' and the counter office told me there are no 'keputusan kes' yet in the system (whereas I am actually holding one handed out to me by the investigating officer!). Hmm....what's going on? My copy does not seem like a fake one as it has reference numbers and I actually saw the 'saman' booklet with the saman of the 3rd party driver (so he was really summoned by the police and is at fault). Anyway, I left the police station with these mind-boggling questions...

fkmfkm

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 18 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks BSDriver for sharing.

Now here's the update on my case:

1) luckily for me, the 3rd party (the driver who hit the rear of my 2004 sentra) also made the report the next day. I found that out by calling the police station directly.
2) I went to buy the 3rd party report (the 'keputusan kes' not yet out) and gave it to workshop. I left my car there for repair. Still, I need the 'keputusan kes' in order to claim 3rd party insurance.
3) The next day went again to see the investigating office and bugged him to give me the 'keputusan kes'. He wrote it on his computer on the spot and printed it out for me. I asked him if I can buy more copies at the counter but he said I should come to see him again if I wanted more copies. Baffled (smelling something fishy again), I went to the document-selling counter, pretending to ask if I can buy the 'keputusan kes' and the counter office told me there are no 'keputusan kes' yet in the system (whereas I am actually holding one handed out to me by the investigating officer!). Hmm....what's going on? My copy does not seem like a fake one as it has reference numbers and I actually saw the 'saman' booklet with the saman of the 3rd party driver (so he was really summoned by the police and is at fault). Anyway, I left the police station with these mind-boggling questions...

maybe their system not online smile_big.gif

Micky78

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

Micky78

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Feb 18 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe their system not online smile_big.gif

normally the workshop you appointed will ontained the "keputusan' and the rests of the documents needed for you as they have the 'jalan' to obtain it very fast.

perhap you may consider to buy your insurance direct from TC or other agents which give better services.

fkmfkm

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Micky78 @ Feb 19 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
normally the workshop you appointed will ontained the "keputusan' and the rests of the documents needed for you as they have the 'jalan' to obtain it very fast.

perhap you may consider to buy your insurance direct from TC or other agents which give better services.

TC sell insurance ?

ckwg

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
Indeed, I bought my insurance directly at the Tan Chong showroom office! I didn't even go though any insurance agents.