Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Duke Highway

• Please log in to reply

spirit36

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Feb 19 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the problem with Msia highway builder and the authorities. No planning is bad enough, but i believe these people have NO PLANNING at all. Just build without doing any impact study.

One good example is on MRR2...look at how they design the entry and exit into Pandan Indah. Can you imagine, exit and entry at the same point!

DUKE highway...actually before it was opened, i have already predicted that this deadlock will happen. MRR2 is already so congested, and these buggers now let more traffic flow onto MRR2 by building DUKE...it's disastrous!

---------------------------------------
not forgetting the TOL.....
BN = Barang Naik.

RocketFuel

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

RocketFuel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
for me, quite a boon, cut my trip from 40 minutes to a mere 15 minutes and land near jusco at ulu kelang yeee haaa, hell for some, heaven for some, but still need to pay rm2 toll, but my lunch already rm10, when the kuching ramp open, will further cut my trip. I agree there's some screw ups happened like MRR2 near batu caves and pandan indah hell freezes over. But this Duke is really most welcomed. Wanna say prices here go up very rapidly, try staying in cairo or new york these past few months and lemme tell ya, the former got serious riots and the latter complained like crazy!

Light Your Arse on Fire

nozzy

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
Has anyone taken the ramp from Jln Kuching to Duta? where does it exit? direct to toll or can exit to Jln Semantan?? btw...ada kena toll?

nozzy

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
Guess wat guys....

Duke highway already open but the website stil under construction... PTUI!!!!! received some stickers on DUKE "for further information pls visit our website at www.duke.com.my"

Boleh land!!!! smile_thumbup.gif

Jaime

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Feb 24 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess wat guys....

Duke highway already open but the website stil under construction... PTUI!!!!! received some stickers on DUKE "for further information pls visit our website at www.duke.com.my"

Boleh land!!!! smile_thumbup.gif

Sigh... how sad. This is a big no no.... spend money advertising something that is not ready yet? Maybe they don't know the full power of internet yet....
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

Hunture

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hunture

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Feb 19 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the problem with Msia highway builder and the authorities. No planning is bad enough, but i believe these people have NO PLANNING at all. Just build without doing any impact study.

One good example is on MRR2...look at how they design the entry and exit into Pandan Indah. Can you imagine, exit and entry at the same point!

DUKE highway...actually before it was opened, i have already predicted that this deadlock will happen. MRR2 is already so congested, and these buggers now let more traffic flow onto MRR2 by building DUKE...it's disastrous!

balame it on LLM, (malaysian highway authority) the sad state of existing highway level of service are due to their ###### up plannning , not to mention other new highways which was built but is not interconected to neighbouring state road ,they are suppose to help ease congestion and optimise traffic flow, not the other way round

Jaime

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
The highway is finally fully opened.
Since its new now, usage is still very low and you really can get from one destination to another in just a matter of minutes.. distance may be further (didn't really trip to measure) but with no jam and traffic lights, can get from Damansara Heights to Wangsa Maju in just 15 mins (parking to parking!)
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

matkamil

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

matkamil

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ May 13 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The highway is finally fully opened.
Since its new now, usage is still very low and you really can get from one destination to another in just a matter of minutes.. distance may be further (didn't really trip to measure) but with no jam and traffic lights, can get from Damansara Heights to Wangsa Maju in just 15 mins (parking to parking!)

By having Duke connecting to MRR2, it adds up another 20-30 minutes from Wangsa Maju to Cyberjaya. The bottleneck is right after Taman Sri Ukay where the 3 lanes from MRR2 meets 2 lanes from AU2 traffic and 2 lanes from DUKE merged into 3 lanes MRR2.

No! Not Me!