Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Focus Hatch And Sedan 2.0

• Please log in to reply

shy78

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
Went to see the Focus 2.0 Ghia Sedan this morning at Minsin, Pasir Gudang Highway, Johor Bahru.

For this car to do well... I think the dealer will have to renew its approach to the potential buyer.

1. Identify the kind of persons which are most likely to purchase this car.

2. List down killer points which will persuade such a person to carry on with the purchase.

These deter me from considering the Focus -

1. "This car is fully imported!" - Yes, I've done my readings. It is from Philippine. UMW brought in Wish from Indonesia, the same to Rush (correct me if I'm wrong).

2. "The car is as fast as BMW. Few days back a customer test drove the car till 170km/h. I sat beside him, felt very scared!" - yes, it can go fast and steady, but will take sometime to reach the figure. Plus, I don't do such speed. If I want speed, I'll go for other makes.

3. "The blue color is nice. Many customers booked the blue one." - many?? I personally doubt it.

4. "This car's fuel consumption is very good!! 12km/litre in town & 14km/litre in highway!" - I don't know the correct figure but I doubt this. But if I want good fuel consumption, I think ETCM have Sylphy which is ready to offer more.

To me, the type of person likely to purchase this car will be one which seriously looking for good customer service. Thus, true and accurate information is a must. Exaggeration need to be avoided.

I think they'll have to summed up the car carefully - good handling and comfort with reasonable cost of maintenance and running, and the car is reasonably priced for a continental car with a good boot.

lowpro

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
shy 78,

the exaggeration part is unfortunately ingrained in many sales persons. taking new fresh grads and treating them like executives then training them to be professional for sales positions may help change things. i think lexus does this and i was impressed with their sa the last time i visited their bu showroom. the old hands at sales tend to sometimes overpromise. this is common for all brands. the customer today isn't as ill informed as before with the www around.
Let's talk about driving again!

libra

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

libra

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
I agree with lowpro.

I know the Honda dealers go for courses where they are indoctrinated with the sales motivation and techniques and the know-how on the product but personally most dealers are not experts in the product itself, some have not even driven or familiarise themselves with the new vehicle itself. [Saw this myself when the dealer was unaware of the telescopic ability of the steering belonging to the Ford Focus model]

At the workshop it is a different thing though. The Service Advisor would know a little bit more than the foreman when it comes to repairing new models. Thankfully most models have 'old' engines and when I say 'old', I mean the design is old and slightly modified for better fuel consumption.

You cannot simply believe the dealer when he (or she) says many customers booked already as the car was just launched on 14th February 2009. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and I say this in the case of the Honda City 2009.

Am in the midst of sourcing out the service costs but the plus points are [the dealer had represented these to me] that the service intervals are at 10k and the engine oil is a fully synthetic variant.

fandango

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

fandango

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
Libra,

someone posted service costs at fomec.org, here are some abstract:

20k km service interval:
Spark Plug 4 RM234.40
Drain Plug Washer 1 RM49.62
Air filter 1 RM92.16

I also heard from a very reliable source that the front bumper costs >RM2k.

PuPPy

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

PuPPy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
if the plug and filter are made of premier one then ok
but a washer costs u rm50?
that is nut price

shy78

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
Update about Minsin.

Becareful... a friend bought a recond Mercedes. Was told that the car is 2003 made and originated from Germany.

Quick check with Mercedes software... car from Singapore and 2002 made.

cygnus

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

cygnus

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
Germany RHD? No need software to know the car is not from Germany.

shy78

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
Yeah... you're right! I never thought of that!!

DC18

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
20k km service if follow service booklet is only lube change.

which is about RM300 for syn lube and oil filter with free labour.

fuel consumption is about 8-10km perlitre in town use with hea vy right foot.

i guess the issue now is the cost of maintaining as the vehicle itself is a good product IMO.

lalanuni

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

lalanuni

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I nv trust Minsin till now...poor service, know nothing about ford focus...I asked the salesman about the car maintenance..he didn't even know how to fit in the battery..acclaimed that ford focus is using timing belt..Ouuch!! Sila Belajar dulu lah..haiz!
lalanuni - A puggie begins..