Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wax & Sealant Review

• Please log in to reply

mubull

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 14 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mubull,
F1 and smart wax got chemical reaction ah?....ha! ha! smile_question.gif

Hi VR, is F1 with Smart Sealant. Not too sure is due to chemical reaction ,maybe due a simple wash on tht pad. hahah I though sealant with sealant is fine but I think I am wrong. I hv wash the pad again with dish liquid and will let you know the results.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mubull

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (tploh @ Feb 15 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Car Wash in MY = low price.
Range from RM 20/mth for the "bicycle" washer, to RM 3 machine wash in PG, to RM 8 road side car wash in Klang Valley.
RM 50 for a bottle of car care product could be month(s)-long labour-free car wash for some. So few people eager to invest and do business for premium car care products. Meguiars is probably the largest.

I am using Duragloss. Never scientifically tested its durability but it can roughly last me for a month ( I used the bonding agent as well ). My definition of lasting :
- oily feeling when touched upon
- water beads
- easy off for dust during wash

bro.tp.

How's the look and beads when compares to those wax tht we tested on SAT?

btw: all the waxes namely dodo,collinite ,osren and wolfgang are easy to remove.. is slightly easier than smart Sealant.
www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
but at a glance, the collinite and esp the dodo do give better warm look and bead nicely. We shld hv bring the whole bonnet outside and review under the sunlight. hehehehe
www.duragloss.com.my

vr2turbo

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 16 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ICE liquid polish ?? Have got unpleasent experience with it

Bro g88,

What unpleasant experience?
I know first time I use without proper surface prep, it was not good at all.
But with better surface prep, looks okay.
That is why now testing, if not also wasted if don't use..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Feb 16 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi VR, is F1 with Smart Sealant. Not too sure is due to chemical reaction ,maybe due a simple wash on tht pad. hahah I though sealant with sealant is fine but I think I am wrong. I hv wash the pad again with dish liquid and will let you know the results.

Like that I put F1 over smart sealant also not good weh........... smile_shock.gif

Anyway, stop F1 already. No protection even though still bead very well, same as Fusso coat.......

rdgs,

g88

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 16 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro g88,

What unpleasant experience?
I know first time I use without proper surface prep, it was not good at all.
But with better surface prep, looks okay.
That is why now testing, if not also wasted if don't use..... smile_tongue.gif

I commented here > http://www.meguiars....i...asc&start=0

vr2turbo

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 16 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro. g88,

thanks for the link.
Yup, the oily part is really oily and actually to me it is quite hard to remove as it does not dry up (still oily)
Like I say already bought so try to use up as much as possible.... smile_sad.gif

ModMyVi

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

ModMyVi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
Bro,

fusso coat no protection means what o?

vr2turbo

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (ModMyVi @ Feb 16 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

fusso coat no protection means what o?

Was tested by another forumer. We were surprised also.
Normally when we apply wax, it beads water meaning the layer is protected and water/dirt should not be able to attached to this surface. By surprising even though it still beads water, the surface started to have darker spot appearing (this was on a white car), where washing would not be able to remove. Only polishing can remove.
For my case, is on silver car, same thing happen with F1 Shine it All..... smile_cry.gif

whoopee

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

whoopee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
Hi sifus,

I applied NXT 2.0 wax recently...I found it quite easy to apply, and it seemed easy to remove as well (at least I didn't see the white haze marks after I buffed them off and I basically did panel by panel). However, right after buffing the wax off about 10mins after application), I purposely parked my car under the sun, I could still see a lot of circular buff marks (especially on the bonnet). I'm not sure if it's because my ride is black in colour, that's why these marks were prominently visible. Although the surface was slick as silk, I could still feel the surface a bit oily/greasy.

Later in the evening, I decided to do another round of wiping with the microfiber cloth....then I could see the buff marks and 'oily' feeling were then gone effectively. Now the surface looks good/shiny and as slick to me.

So, what do you think my problem was ah? Was it because the wax needed longer time to dry before I should buff it off? Or applied it wrongly (by hand) ah?

Choosing the right donut for safety & confidence; Modifying car for performance; Mastering auto-detailing is an art & passion...and indulging in all is a xiao way of life!