Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda City Or Peugeot 308

• Please log in to reply

rickyoac

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
No regret choosing peugeot and last more longer than honda city.
Honda and toyota car nowadays cannot last very long.
after 5 years noise coming all place.

Be Wise To Survive

toyopet

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

toyopet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
People used to say Japanese easy to get potong kereta parts. But how about City and Vios? They are not sold in Japan at all. Same thing with Avanza. It's a CKD Indonesia car. Doesn't even have windscreen vents!! Aaargh!

vinnie

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

vinnie

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Feb 3 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it's distributed by Naza and SC by them oso.. means not up to mark SC personnel and service.. and KEY is.. soon will have a Naza Bestari 308 and from RM90+k to RM70k new car just diff badge.. Shud wait a while for this to happen then buy cheaper!

According to peugeot the bestari 206 is just a 1 of thingy those 206 owners out there will testify that even the bestari is equiped wit mostly peaugeot parts. probably peugeot allowed it as 206 was in the last stage of its life so they thought y not make some extra $$$ before RIP. Its a good car though. For 308 bestari hmmm i'm doubtful, its already a ckd doubt they can ckd-ied it anymore. But dun take my words for it its just IMO.

back to topic....city over 308....the only reason this cars are being compared is cuz they r priced so close...to be honest i think its too early to judge that city will b more reliable than peugeot....peugeot have come a long way now to improving the after sales services....on a general note conti car parts tend to last longer but are a tad more ex.

some say head says city heart say peugeot for me i would say both head n heart says peugeot....dun get me wrong the new city is a great car but only cuz they r priced at 90k n vti is priced at 96k, i wouldnt think twice to take th vti also remember the 308 is an award winning car and that has to mean something. Its defo an engineering above city....i believe there are many in the same boat as you are n in the near future i would predict the roads to be run over by city n 308s

Final note.....its your decision....choose wat pleases you and don't regret it but if i were you wit the same amount of resources to spare i would defo go for peugeot and keep the car for long term

rickyoac

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Continental car will more fun to drove and come with more stuff.

Nowadays people wont choose by their reliable and long lasting. People will more keen by the 2nd value.
If you go singapore (small country) all kinds of continental cars also got, renault , peugeot, opel , skoda,Citroen,hyundai and much much more. Maybe due to malaysian still conservative. Or the finance more interest with japanese car.

Ask people all around, 2nd value will be the factor about buying car. Haven't buy but already think of selling it.

Peugeot 308 will look more sexy and better.

Be Wise To Survive

rickyoac

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
http://www.peugeot.c...eugeot-308.aspx smile_thumbup.gif
Be Wise To Survive

swing123

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

swing123

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (rickyoac @ Feb 12 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you go singapore (small country) all kinds of continental cars also got, renault , peugeot, opel , skoda,Citroen,hyundai and much much more. Maybe due to malaysian still conservative. Or the finance more interest with japanese car.

i think that is not a factually correct statement.

You see more variety of cars in Singapore because it does not impose protection duties over CBU imported car or give varying preferential duties to locally/asean assembled cars. That drives the car price between the japanese and conti/american car pretty much close and with that, more options are available to the buyers. Unlike in Malaysia, for the same class of 1.8L car between the Japan brands (which are mostly locally/asean assembled) and conti brand (which are imported CBU till Peugeot go for CKD), you are looking at a price difference of at least RM20-30k. With that amount, most buyers will go for the obvious. In Singapore, the price difference are much lower and yet, most Sinkaporean still go for the Jap brands.

Take a look at the LTA (JPJ equivalent) statistic of cars registered in 2008, by brand. Honda and Toyota in combination took 50% of the market share. Add in the second and third place of Mitsu and Nissan, these 4 Jap brands took up 67% of the market share.

http://www.lta.gov.s.....20by make.pdf

Itchibawa

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

Itchibawa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
QUOTE (swing123 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think that is not a factually correct statement.

You see more variety of cars in Singapore because it does not impose protection duties over CBU imported car or give varying preferential duties to locally/asean assembled cars. That drives the car price between the japanese and conti/american car pretty much close and with that, more options are available to the buyers. Unlike in Malaysia, for the same class of 1.8L car between the Japan brands (which are mostly locally/asean assembled) and conti brand (which are imported CBU till Peugeot go for CKD), you are looking at a price difference of at least RM20-30k. With that amount, most buyers will go for the obvious. In Singapore, the price difference are much lower and yet, most Sinkaporean still go for the Jap brands.

Take a look at the LTA (JPJ equivalent) statistic of cars registered in 2008, by brand. Honda and Toyota in combination took 50% of the market share. Add in the second and third place of Mitsu and Nissan, these 4 Jap brands took up 67% of the market share.

Right. We are so used to it, we tend to forget the implications of the policies.

xstan

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

xstan

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Oooh..BTW, can someone tell me why till today there isnt a sight of showrrom 308 vehicle in Ipoh. Not even brochure....wonder where will Ipohans or Perakians ..say leaving in Hutan Melintang, Taiping or smaller town service thier cars.

Well just to point out ..smaller towns still do not have support service centre..maybe just appointed workshop. Even the P showroom in Ipoh is totally a shame..small room with just enuff 2 Pugs for display.

So..PG guys get to see the showroom pug..I think not.

No service support ...will definately affect resale value, especially since its parts are expensive.

alienfx

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

alienfx

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
QUOTE (xstan @ Feb 13 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh..BTW, can someone tell me why till today there isnt a sight of showrrom 308 vehicle in Ipoh. Not even brochure....wonder where will Ipohans or Perakians ..say leaving in Hutan Melintang, Taiping or smaller town service thier cars.

Well just to point out ..smaller towns still do not have support service centre..maybe just appointed workshop. Even the P showroom in Ipoh is totally a shame..small room with just enuff 2 Pugs for display.

So..PG guys get to see the showroom pug..I think not.

No service support ...will definately affect resale value, especially since its parts are expensive.

Well,xstan, Naza probably concentrating more on Klang Valley.And please dont say parts are expensive.Please proof your facts first.Im driving a pug 5 years and i have many friends who drive other cars like accord,camry,sentra and other continentials.Most parts are same price and sometimes cheaper.Just go and survey the parts price 1st la dude...Buy if you like and dont buy if dont like.But dont tell some facts which are not true.Pug parts mostly dont have imitation as low in volume.What you buy is genuine or oem usually.But car parts like proton,toyota and honda have tons of pirated ones with ori or oem logo.

MIVECT

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

MIVECT

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
for driving plesure, handling fun, upgraded to little bit higher socier level, little bit more attracted to young chick n bird: go for 308

being realistic, cost saving in term of gasoline, maintainance(less problemtic, especially after 2 year), 2nd hand value, everything $$$$, go for city. it's not that bad though, it's still an honda