Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bardahl Fully - Synthetic Engine Oil Sae 5w40 Api Sm/cf

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (Esky @ Feb 18 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Genuine Counterfeit product smile_disapprove.gif

One spare part shop I went to, don't sell Mobil 1 Gold 0w-40.
His reason is he cannot tell apart the Original and Genuine Counterfeit......... smile_shock.gif smile_big.gif

Esky

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

Esky

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts
Oh, M1 Gold also got counterfeits? What I know is, the fake ones are usually M1 Silver 5W-50, coz that's the most popular fully-syn M1. The Gold series is quite $$$ and hardly any shops sell it and there's not much demand. So, I find it strange that a slow-moving product also has fakes.
Faster acceleration, less fuel consumption - SURBO

> XLIQ <

~ Think great oil at great price, think Esky ~
Amsoil | German Castrol | Royal Purple | Mobil 1 | Mobil 1 EP | Motul

vr2turbo

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (Esky @ Feb 18 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, M1 Gold also got counterfeits? What I know is, the fake ones are usually M1 Silver 5W-50, coz that's the most popular fully-syn M1. The Gold series is quite $$$ and hardly any shops sell it and there's not much demand. So, I find it strange that a slow-moving product also has fakes.

Sell less, but still make more $$$ mah..... smile_shock.gif

alamdamai1

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

alamdamai1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i'm just wondering why the repacked Bardahl engine oil container is different from its US counterpart....izzit because C&C want to prevent lawsuit from Bardahl USA for imitation contraband?...check the link below....

http://www.bardahl.c...p?categoryid=40

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (alamdamai1 @ Mar 2 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm just wondering why the repacked Bardahl engine oil container is different from its US counterpart....izzit because C&C want to prevent lawsuit from Bardahl USA for imitation contraband?...check the link below....

http://www.bardahl.c...p?categoryid=40

If you search the website for Malaysian Distributor, C & C is mentioned there.... smile_approve.gif

alamdamai1

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

alamdamai1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
reason being for my earlier enquiry is that the Bardahl equivalent product in the US is called XTC which i've appended below....

Name : XTC 100% Pure Synthetic Motor Oil 5W40

Description : Offers the best protection and performance in gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, and is particularly suited to turbo-charged, multi-valve, direct injection and pump injector engines. It meets or exceeds the performance requirements of API SJ/CF, ACEA A3/B3, BMW, Ford (WSS-M2C917-A), GM (Saab/Opel), M-B 229.3, Porsche, VW 502.00, 505.00, 505.01 and all Japanese auto manufacturers.

hence, from the above, its current service classification for the latest fully syn engine oil is of Grade SJ while in Malaysia it is already SM...which one is correct?

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (alamdamai1 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
reason being for my earlier enquiry is that the Bardahl equivalent product in the US is called XTC which i've appended below....

Name : XTC 100% Pure Synthetic Motor Oil 5W40

Description : Offers the best protection and performance in gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, and is particularly suited to turbo-charged, multi-valve, direct injection and pump injector engines. It meets or exceeds the performance requirements of API SJ/CF, ACEA A3/B3, BMW, Ford (WSS-M2C917-A), GM (Saab/Opel), M-B 229.3, Porsche, VW 502.00, 505.00, 505.01 and all Japanese auto manufacturers.

hence, from the above, its current service classification for the latest fully syn engine oil is of Grade SJ while in Malaysia it is already SM...which one is correct?

The one sold here is also XTC in yellow bottle. SM is the latest grade......

rdgs,

Esky

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Esky

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts
Last time I saw an XTC 0W-30 listed on either their US or Canada website.
Faster acceleration, less fuel consumption - SURBO

> XLIQ <

~ Think great oil at great price, think Esky ~
Amsoil | German Castrol | Royal Purple | Mobil 1 | Mobil 1 EP | Motul

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (Esky @ Mar 2 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time I saw an XTC 0W-30 listed on either their US or Canada website.

I started with the 5w-50 (silver bottle), then 5w-40 (gold bottle). Wife's car now testing the 5w-30 (Gold bottle also).......

zendengoh

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

zendengoh

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts
current promotion
1 bottle for rm78/4L
if get 1 carton (6 bottle) rm75/4L
Googleâ„¢ search Zhapalang