Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tyre Shine

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 3 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where about this product available ? Any pic of the product and pic of dressed tyre ? Need to see how much gloss it can bring out.

Ps : apply multiple layerS of M21 will make your budget gone faster. If it works, 1 or 2 layer will do wink.gif

Magic 101 on Yoko S-Drive tyres

Magic 101 on Falken FK452 tyres

Any difference? Looks the same.....

vr2turbo

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
DSC00275.JPG

Would you believe I applied ICE Synthetic Sealant on this Yoko S-Drive smile_shock.gif ...ha! ha!

wengleang

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

wengleang

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
I tested the one sold under Eneos brand coz got 50% discount. Cost me about $3.50 only but after one round in the rain all gone. My guess it's water based... smile_dead.gif

Maybe need to try out Meguiar's Endurance gloss next round smile_big.gif

whoopee

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

whoopee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 10 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DSC00275.JPG

Would you believe I applied ICE Synthetic Sealant on this Yoko S-Drive smile_shock.gif ...ha! ha!

Your Magic 101 looks shiny leh...is that the RM9.90 bottle? Where did you get it already ah? rolleyes.gif

Boleh tahan one week in rain and shine kah?
Choosing the right donut for safety & confidence; Modifying car for performance; Mastering auto-detailing is an art & passion...and indulging in all is a xiao way of life!

tploh

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

tploh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
QUOTE (wengleang @ Feb 10 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tested the one sold under Eneos brand coz got 50% discount. Cost me about $3.50 only but after one round in the rain all gone. My guess it's water based... smile_dead.gif

Maybe need to try out Meguiar's Endurance gloss next round smile_big.gif

The Eneos house brand tyre shine ( 180ml ) @ RM 3.50 = tak boleh pakai. One rain and all is gone.

I am tempted to try those no-name tyre shine used by road side car wash operators ( in 500 ml mineral water bottle ) @ RM 7.00 in Jalan Pasar. Wonder who has any first hand experience to share ?

vr2turbo

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (tploh @ Feb 10 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Eneos house brand tyre shine ( 180ml ) @ RM 3.50 = tak boleh pakai. One rain and all is gone.

I am tempted to try those no-name tyre shine used by road side car wash operators ( in 500 ml mineral water bottle ) @ RM 7.00 in Jalan Pasar. Wonder who has any first hand experience to share ?

Those are water based too. I saw one tyre shop just add water to dilute it. For them it is to make the tyre look shinny when you change tyres. Not for you to last.
Road side car wash also same. After car wash to make your tyre shinny.... smile_shock.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (whoopee @ Feb 10 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your Magic 101 looks shiny leh...is that the RM9.90 bottle? Where did you get it already ah? rolleyes.gif

Boleh tahan one week in rain and shine kah?

The Magic 101 is made in USA
When on offer was quite cheap. 500ml around RM11 (I think) Now maybe RM18 to 20 (Not sure)

The other one I told you is RM9.90 for 295ml is Son-of-a Gun, also Made in USA product.
I have Waxco, don't quite like as it is more like thick cream type and a few other brands.
You can come over and I will shine one tyre with Magic 101, one with Son-of-a-Gun, One with Waxco and one with ciplak one (all mix in), and then you test for yourself..... smile_big.gif

whoopee

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

whoopee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 11 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can come over and I will shine one tyre with Magic 101, one with Son-of-a-Gun, One with Waxco and one with ciplak one (all mix in), and then you test for yourself..... smile_big.gif

That sounds great....looking forward to see the result of the 'ciplak' one! smile_thumbup.gif
Will wait till you return from tomyam land first, next week, right?
Choosing the right donut for safety & confidence; Modifying car for performance; Mastering auto-detailing is an art & passion...and indulging in all is a xiao way of life!

vr2turbo

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (whoopee @ Feb 11 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds great....looking forward to see the result of the 'ciplak' one! smile_thumbup.gif
Will wait till you return from tomyam land first, next week, right?

Going tomorrow and back on Saturday night. If you want Sunday is okay. Give me a call..... smile_thumbup.gif

whoopee

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

whoopee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 11 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going tomorrow and back on Saturday night. If you want Sunday is okay. Give me a call..... smile_thumbup.gif

OK...will give you a call when timing is right this Sunday. Thanks. wink.gif