Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Chevy Salesman

• Please log in to reply

scenic

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
We had our dinner at Jusco Tebrau City last Friday evening. After our dinner before heading back to KL, we decided to take a walk at the mall. Then, we came across a road show by Cergazam for their Chevy cars. On display was Captiva, Aveo and Optra Magnum.

The story began with this short and a little over weight salesman telling us nonsense about timing chain and timing belt. We asked him why Chevy still using timing belt. He said timing chain noisy and needs to be replaced every 120K km to 130K km and cost two three thousand RM to change ???? My 97 Sentra has been running on timing chain, no problem until now. Mileage already 160k km !

Then, we said that Chevy second value bad compares to Japanese marques. He blamed it on the previous francise holder. But, we told him that the previous francise holder only started the massive promotion in first half of 2007 to clear off the old stock before the new company takes over the distributorship of Chevy in M'sia. Prior to that, the resale value of the Chevy was already not encouraging to own.

Then, we asked about the Captiva, he said no discount not even one sen !!! Because sales has been very good. Good ??? We all know that based on MAA annual report, Chevy sales was not even consider good !. Read yesterday CBT, editorial part also mentioned about Chevy sales and the changed of its CEO. What does that indicate to us ? Did he mislead us ? We certainly believe he did about his BS. Some more, you should look at his proud face.

Oh, that guy, I hope not many ppl kena BS by him. Can we sue him for misrepresentation here ? Cheers.
director's choice

kdm

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

kdm

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts
Yes, the Captiva has sold well.
Maybe there were only few units available, but it is the most popular model.

don't hentam the salesman like datlah.......he only cari makan.

the real people to whack is the CEO for

1. overpricing the Aveo and Optras
2. interested in getting rid of stocks but on the other hand will create a drop in their resale values.

anyway, there are many fish in the sea.

Wait for 3 more months before deciding.

saying it as it is...

alldisc

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
i pity the salesman. he is full of crap.

ring

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
The Sales Advisor started from the wrong footing. He may be the innocent chap just started to do sales. Poor chap who has to face with a demanding public.

Chevy like any other continental models does not have the volume, strong reputation & present in this market. For many, so it is like a mystery to own it.

I have also met sales person of a reputable Japanese make in town. I found similar standards of SA's quality too! They know practically nothing about the product they sell. So it was not unusual....!

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"