Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Sonata 2.0l "test-drive" Review

• Please log in to reply

leongchai

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

leongchai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Dec 26 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a few other brands "testdrive", I book a Sonata NF 2.0...
Later "testdrive" Avante, and fall in love with it... Change my mind...
Waiting... Hopefully can get that "Incus Avante" instead...

From reliable sources, the Sonata YF will be on our shores by mid or third quarter 2010...
Price range for a 2.0L will be cheaper by +/- RM10k from the Camry and Accord 2.0L if not mistaken...
I was informed to wait for the YF... but my PV6 "gearbox" and "engine leakage" most probably cannot wait that long...
smile_angry.gif

Will update...

Bro what made u change ur mind from nf to avante ? really so good ah ? my interest in the nf is cos of the size, nvh and comfort, of course the $$ oso la. Abt 10k diff from avante only but avante giving 2 yrs foc maintenance, right ?
What price were u quoted for the nf ?

Informer

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (leongchai @ Dec 28 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro what made u change ur mind from nf to avante ? really so good ah ? my interest in the nf is cos of the size, nvh and comfort, of course the $$ oso la. Abt 10k diff from avante only but avante giving 2 yrs foc maintenance, right ?
What price were u quoted for the nf ?

LeongChai...
Now the Sonata NF 2.0 (Malaysia version) got about RM10,000 - 12,000 discount from main price (OTR) of RM119,+++...
The price range because Sime-Darby Hyundai and Kah Bintang quote different price and package...
At first, I thought that the NF sold here was the US version (Sonata transform) version...

A few months back, did test driven the same said 2.0 NF, and later thought now it's a new version sold...
Upon seeing it at the showroom, I was a bit disappointed...
Anyway, the NF could be the first choice, but the Avante is a bit advance in tech...

The gear change (Avante) is silky smooth, NVH quite good and handling also, etc...
Put the family during testdrive, and no complain... biggrin.gif
The 5 year warranty and 2 years (or 60,000 km) free maintenance is irresistible...
The discount package is also irresistible...
Still waiting... will update later...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
NF Sonata with Bodykit...
ReThink... everything...

Attached Thumbnails

• Hyundai_Sonata___1280_x_800.jpg

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Kevin

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Dec 29 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LeongChai...
Now the Sonata NF 2.0 (Malaysia version) got about RM10,000 - 12,000 discount from main price (OTR) of RM119,+++...
The price range because Sime-Darby Hyundai and Kah Bintang quote different price and package...
At first, I thought that the NF sold here was the US version (Sonata transform) version...

A few months back, did test driven the same said 2.0 NF, and later thought now it's a new version sold...
Anyway, the NF could be the first choice, but the Avante is a bit advance in tech...

The gear change (Avante) is silky smooth, NVH quite good and handling also, etc...
The 5 year warranty and 2 years (or 60,000 km) free maintenance is irresistible...

Actually the facelifted "Transform" Sonata looks worse than the pre-facelift model.

The Sonata NF is actually has more technology than the Avante. The engine itself is in a different league compared to the Beta engine in the Avante.

I am not too pleased with the omission of rear head rests in the Avante.

kcfu

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

kcfu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts
I'll wait until next year and get the Forte 2.0 if I am hunting for a Avante. Rumor has it that 200 units CBU is up for bkgs. smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (Informer @ Dec 30 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NF Sonata with Bodykit...
ReThink... everything...

Nice... methinking... smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif
I would have quoted someone smart here and make me look smart but not as much smarter as the smart one I quoted from. I'm smart, yeah!

skcheng

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

skcheng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Dec 29 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LeongChai...

the dashboard of the current Sonata is quite old fashion especially the player... if it is Sonata Transform then would be very nice... i think lots of people are let down by the dashboard of Sonata, as compared to Camry and Accord, Sonata one is so outdated... Avante's dashboard looks more youth and modern than Sonata's... the climax control for Avante is nice and easy to operate with blue lights at night... of course Sonata is still one class above Avante bcos different segment...

Avante with Incus makes the car looks sporty, i personally feel that Avante with Incus looks more attractive than Forte...
I have seen a Avante with Incus and twin exhausts ...very eye catching on road..

Forte uses Torsion beam as rear suspension, the Avante uses the multi-link one, the shock absorption of Avante is better than Forte... especially for rear passengers... tested sitting at the back of Forte 1.6 (even 16" rims) is still more bumpy than Avante... also Avante wins Forte for interior space at the rear seat especially the width... sound proof of Avante also
better than Forte...

though Forte uses newer generation of CVVT, the FC of both Avante 2.0 and Forte 2.0 is nearly the same according to the records in USA... Also Forte 2.0 is 1329kg, Avante only 1240KG...

people sit at rear seat of Avante will easily fall asleep due to comfort suspension and soft leather seats...
though Avante has no head rests at rear seats... the rear seats (left and right) are designed tall enough for most of the people to support the heads....

kcfu

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

kcfu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts
Where you chaps go for servicing?

Been to Avantgarde in Cheras - any to recommend?

Any place to get particularly cheap parts?

BTW, could not locate the microprocessor - any snapshots?
I would have quoted someone smart here and make me look smart but not as much smarter as the smart one I quoted from. I'm smart, yeah!

htan7

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

htan7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE (kcfu @ Jan 19 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, could not locate the microprocessor - any snapshots?

on my CKD Sonata NF 2.0 by Kah Bintang. Was told that 2.4 doesn't have this.

Sonata_microcompressor.jpg

Kevin

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (htan7 @ Jan 19 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on my CKD Sonata NF 2.0 by Kah Bintang. Was told that 2.4 doesn't have this.

Sonata_microcompressor.jpg

I hate it when distributors add on aftermarket stuff in an attempt to "improve" the cars they sell. KB is very famous for this.

What does this microprocessor do? My 2.4 does not have it.

kcfu

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

kcfu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts
Nope. Nadeh. Confirm not found in my car as well.

Thanks for the pics htan. smile_thumbup.gif