Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Is Toyota Really That Good?

• Please log in to reply

redrules

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

redrules

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jan 30 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u did not use the brain is it? no wonder laa...

the picture shows the point of impact between a vios and a man. the big bumper cushions the impact first while the bonnet is still a distance before injuring the pedestrian.

Thanks to take all your trouble for the graphic presentation. The other car we are comparing have similar feature too.
Now I know,

Headless SA=retarded SA

alldisc

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (redrules @ Jan 31 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to take all your trouble for the graphic presentation. The other car we are comparing have similar feature too.
Now I know,

Headless SA=retarded SA

it is not a problem at all. i am glad to help those with mental problems to understand better.

Dar

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Dar

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,554 posts
QUOTE (Mr. Engineer @ Jan 30 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Toyotas before the "Beckham" Altis were always this: Boring.

Its reliable but boring. And at that time, during our time which is when we start working and so on, the most preferable model was either the Proton Wira or the Perodua Kancil. Only when we reached the Executive level would be consider Hondas and Toyotas. But because of its image, no one wants a reliable and boring car. However, as time progresses, after getting married and so on, the brand name Toyota sounds "OK" for the family man.

I did not realise this until I drove my cousin's 1982 Toyota in 2000. The handling was still great, the gear change were so smooth and she confessed that her Mom's Toyota only had minimal service. That really convinced me. As for the Honda cars at that time, unfortunately, none of my relatives ever kept a Honda longer than a few years.

Of course some cars would have a lot of problems or people have different expectations but at the end of the day, for the first time, we're happy with a Toyota in our house. Its no use saying which is better until you have tested the car personally. Don't listen to others and base your decision on that. After all, its your money and it would be very foolish to just follow the crowd.

Worst case scenario? You just got a crap car, which needsd a lot of money for repair that's all.
But imagine everyone buying a Ssangyong and you followed them and now, you just found out they're under court receivership. Ha ha ha ha dry.gif

Mr. Engineer, well said. I always believe everyone has his/her own preference & point of views.

Joytoy

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jan 27 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then i guess u have made the right decision since then because i felt the s40 is too cramped also. no matter front or rear, the passengers have only little space. still, ACV feels a lot better until now.

HELP ME!!! i still cant stop driving the car and my father has already started to mumble me because i always take his car out!!

He is probably regretting not getting the Civic. If he got the Civic, you will probably not be so `gattle' taking the car out everywhere & everytime.

On the other hand, you wouldn't have had such a great drive !!

Joytoy

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jan 28 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
r u sure abt that? statistics had proven that the number of vios sold until now is over 100,000 units. honda have not even reach 70% of that even with 3 generations of City (since the SX8 model in 97)

either u get one camry of your own, or u can suggest or father to get another camry. i believe he is a kind and generous father. LOL...

Simon, we have a great suggestion to solve the issue.

BUY ANOTHER CAMRY !!! Father drive one, son drive one. Good solution ??

simonlim

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Feb 2 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is probably regretting not getting the Civic. If he got the Civic, you will probably not be so `gattle' taking the car out everywhere & everytime.

On the other hand, you wouldn't have had such a great drive !!

ure right, thank god!

QUOTE (Joytoy @ Feb 2 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simon, we have a great suggestion to solve the issue.

BUY ANOTHER CAMRY !!! Father drive one, son drive one. Good solution ??

haha, maybe he's gonna sell me to get another camry for my mum haha..
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

simonlim

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jan 31 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is not a problem at all. i am glad to help those with mental problems to understand better.

where is the retarted person who asked u about the pedestrian safety thing? i want to see his comment to have a good laugh.

<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

mubienh

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

mubienh

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Feb 11 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where is the retarted person who asked u about the pedestrian safety thing? i want to see his comment to have a good laugh.

Try avoid demeaning retarded people or label as such. Use other adjectives please. If you or your children become one out of accident or etc through no fault of your own, see how lah. tq

simonlim

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (mubienh @ Feb 12 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try avoid demeaning retarded people or label as such. Use other adjectives please. If you or your children become one out of accident or etc through no fault of your own, see how lah. tq

did u read all the replies in this topic b4 u add your reply?
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30