Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Scooters

• Please log in to reply

iwae405

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

iwae405

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
suzuki's gonna launch its scoot on june..
and it's EFI..

tomkacak

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

tomkacak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
and it's EFI..

Scoot jenis apa? Normal scoot? Maxi Scoot? Sport Scoot? Scootchai? how about the cc? below 150 or up?

Mohd Norhisham

3drgetz

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

3drgetz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
QUOTE (tomkacak @ Jan 19 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and it's EFI..

Scoot jenis apa? Normal scoot? Maxi Scoot? Sport Scoot? Scootchai? how about the cc? below 150 or up?

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• oimg_GC00233623.gif

What is power without control...

tomkacak

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

tomkacak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
ini ke scooternyar? bukan mcm design NAZA Gemilang II jer...
Mohd Norhisham

Balee

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
I've been riding Elegan for almost 2 years. Daily run is between 80 to 100km. Will not hesitate to recommend this scoot as to me it is the best bang for the buck - at least for my purpose.

It's performance is fairly good with tested top speed of 130kmh. Cruising at 110kmh is a cinch and you can do that basically indefinitely. You can maintain 120kmh for quite some time too but the engine sound a bit stressed. If you are in the mood, the top speed will ensure you seeing the chequered flag first against virtually any kapcai.

FC is 35km/l which to me is acceptable. The tank is 7 litre plus so you don't have to visit fuel station too often.

Maintenance is quite cheap too. I've done almost 28k km and it still using ori belt. For perspective, a driving chain would have to be changed several times for similar distance. I change engine oil every 4k km and gear oil every 8k km. This thing is almost kinda ride and forget bike since you almost virtually don't have to think about it at all. The only grouse is Modenas only have one service centre and of all places, it chosed Subang which is so damned forsaken far away place to go. angry.gif

Barring unexpected affordable new entry, the SYM GTS will be my next choice. But I really hope it will bring the 250cc version as I think the current 175cc doesn't seem to offer an appreciable upgrade in term of performance compared to Elegan.

3drgetz

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

3drgetz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Jan 20 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been riding Elegan for almost 2 years. Daily run is between 80 to 100km. Will not hesitate to recommend this scoot as to me it is the best bang for the buck - at least for my purpose.

It's performance is fairly good with tested top speed of 130kmh. Cruising at 110kmh is a cinch and you can do that basically indefinitely. You can maintain 120kmh for quite some time too but the engine sound a bit stressed. If you are in the mood, the top speed will ensure you seeing the chequered flag first against virtually any kapcai.

FC is 35km/l which to me is acceptable. The tank is 7 litre plus so you don't have to visit fuel station too often.

Maintenance is quite cheap too. I've done almost 28k km and it still using ori belt. For perspective, a driving chain would have to be changed several times for similar distance. I change engine oil every 4k km and gear oil every 8k km. This thing is almost kinda ride and forget bike since you almost virtually don't have to think about it at all. The only grouse is Modenas only have one service centre and of all places, it chosed Subang which is so damned forsaken far away place to go. angry.gif

Barring unexpected affordable new entry, the SYM GTS will be my next choice. But I really hope it will bring the 250cc version as I think the current 175cc doesn't seem to offer an appreciable upgrade in term of performance compared to Elegan.

Balee.. I agreed with ur view. Having owning both elegan and GTS, each have their own advantages and disadvantages. I doubt SYM Malaysia will bring on the 250cc model in near future because of cost factor

What is power without control...

rageaccel2

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

rageaccel2

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
QUOTE (tomkacak @ Jan 19 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and it's EFI..

this scooter originally is a suzuki. in vietnam was called epicuror... powerful scooter. 150cc. this year suzuki will launch a scootchai(?) if i'm not mistaken. thais called it hayate. almost like nouvo. 125cc.
sticks and stones can break our bones

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
The name is Raider 150...but the look is not so nice.

rageaccel2

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

rageaccel2

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
QUOTE (788 @ Jan 21 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The name is Raider 150...but the look is not so nice.

nooo laaa. raider is a moped. 150 6 speed. hayate CVT. i just think its a hayate, not so sure though. lets just wait.
sticks and stones can break our bones

tomkacak

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

tomkacak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
dah tgk picture suzuki nyer model baru. Hayate mmg mengancam ar, tp epicuro to commently same designnyer dgn NAZA GEMILANG yg first edition... means asalnya NAZA GEMILANG adalah Suzuki Epicuro but not sure enjinnya adalah Suzuki atau tidak... Yg pasti design Suzuki Epicuro kira mcm dah agak ketinggalan sbb NAZA sudah bawak masuk design tu terlebih dahulu...
Mohd Norhisham