Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rondo Fc Database

• Please log in to reply

lionelstep

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Jun 12 2011, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Hun. It is amazing you are running at 220 kPa tyre pressure.
Mine is at 270 kPA during HOT, which means, maybe cold pressure is about 250 kPa.
I purposely make it high so that it is easy to move forward, and thus save fuel.
But of course, there will be complain of bounciness by passengers at the 2nd row.

You have done how many times of balancing + alignment ?

Felt quite disappointed and low spirited after hearing my spouse said, our Kia Rondo in Malaysia was trapped in a long queue induced by a heavy accident. The ride was completely non moving for 10~15 mins, and my spouse did not turn off the MPV while in stagnant queue. This will definitely drive up the On board Trip Computer Average FC reading, which I knew yesterday was at 9.9 L / 100km. Now I don't know...maybe 10L/100km ? I felt lost to surrender this status just in case it really went to 10L/100km....I would have to fight so hard to bring the FC back to 9.9L/100km again.

The past weekened has been a miracle, can you imagine using 9.208 L for 148 km travelled, that equates 16.08km/L for Kia Rondo.....

zmt

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

zmt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
This is my FC, update when ever I fuel up. so far I could say 9.0l/100km

lionelstep

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (zmt @ Jul 8 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my FC, update when ever I fuel up. so far I could say 9.0l/100km

83% highway, 11.11km.Litre, that's not bad ! I can see from one of your
notes, engine RPM maintains at 2k RPM, that's when your cruising speed is
80 km/ hour.

Do you drive on highway at 80km/h ?
And what is the tyre pressure you pumped to your new tyres 215/55 R16 ?
What is the brand of the new tyres you use ? All 4 new ?

lionelstep

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Achieved 16.073 km/Litre and 16.009 km/L for the last two times
mileage and refueling tracking I did. Same driving precaution as I did
previously, with the exception of the following :

1. the fuel up must be VERY VERY FULL. I let fuel nozzle clicked till 6th ~ 7th time
before stopping refuel, but no fuel leak out yet.

2. I drove till > 148km distance covered before refuelling again. And the distance
travelled divided by the fuel in Litres give you fuel eonomy figure.

sugen

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
update here.. After my Rondo reaches 70k KM... Fuel consumption show 9.6L/100KM for the pass 2 months.. I still drive the same path and route.. Before that was 10.1 to 10.2L/100km..

lionelstep

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Sep 30 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
update here.. After my Rondo reaches 70k KM... Fuel consumption show 9.6L/100KM for the pass 2 months.. I still drive the same path and route.. Before that was 10.1 to 10.2L/100km..

This is about 65% in Penang, and 35% going from Penang to your Kedah hometown using PLUS highway ?
Want to check with you, when you are on the highway, at 110 km/h (assuming you are sticking to speed limit), what is the instantaneous FC reading shows ?

And your reading of 9.6 L/100km was shown for two months after you reset the Average FC reading to ZERO two months ago and then car computer recounts after that reset ?

sugen

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Bro,
I am original form PG island..wat kedah hometown la..my route is Batu Ferringhi- Bayan lepas work place using coastal hight.. But, after work suffer jam from Bayan lepas- Greenland.. Sat/Sun town drive.. Occasionally will cross the bridge to Prai..that is all.. I rest the FC meter.. it will shows 10.3L..but after using it will jump back to 9.7L for now.. before 70k KM last time.. it always 10.3 to 10.1L... That is the different i got after hitting 70k KM.. still the same route

QUOTE (lionelstep @ Oct 3 2011, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is about 65% in Penang, and 35% going from Penang to your Kedah hometown using PLUS highway ?
Want to check with you, when you are on the highway, at 110 km/h (assuming you are sticking to speed limit), what is the instantaneous FC reading shows ?

And your reading of 9.6 L/100km was shown for two months after you reset the Average FC reading to ZERO two months ago and then car computer recounts after that reset ?

lionelstep

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Oct 21 2011, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,
I am original form PG island..wat kedah hometown la..my route is Batu Ferringhi- Bayan lepas work place using coastal hight.. But, after work suffer jam from Bayan lepas- Greenland.. Sat/Sun town drive.. Occasionally will cross the bridge to Prai..that is all.. I rest the FC meter.. it will shows 10.3L..but after using it will jump back to 9.7L for now.. before 70k KM last time.. it always 10.3 to 10.1L... That is the different i got after hitting 70k KM.. still the same route

Oh, sorry, somehow I got an impression you often go back to Kedah. Anyway, looks like 70k km is another milestone for Kia Rondo engine to be even more "run-in", and just imagine how fuel economy your ride is currently. Mayne Continental CC5 tyres does help too ?

blowsh

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

blowsh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Bro rondorian here, just wanna check, is it normal for a rondo FC to be RM0.29 or 6.9km/litre? my FC is displaying 14.2 l/km. its a bit on the high side rite?

rondo 2012, current 700km odo only.

this should be less after 1st service rite?

lionelstep

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (blowsh @ Mar 3 2012, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro rondorian here, just wanna check, is it normal for a rondo FC to be RM0.29 or 6.9km/litre? my FC is displaying 14.2 l/km. its a bit on the high side rite?

rondo 2012, current 700km odo only.

this should be less after 1st service rite?

It should be close to 1k km now with my reply at this time. The answer is, if you are always trapped in hardly-moving traffic jam (such as always stop for 40seconds non stop, then move for the next 2 mins or 3 mins very slow within 40km/h, then stop again...), this is not impossible to reach this FC you mentioned.

Although the run-in is supposed to be 1k km, but the full run-in will only come at 15k km, which by the time, your engine moving parts would be much smoother. And if you can take it, always service your Rondo using 5W30 engine oil, and not the Service-Centre allocated 5W40 engine oil. Your SC might have this 5W30 if you want to. This should improve your FC.

Do not panick, just take one of the smoother road with reasonable speed such as 80~90 km/h, and travel for such as >35km distance, try to keep constant speed without varying your speed . Wait....reset your trip meter "Average FC reading" before beginning your journey into that stretch of road. After completing the journey, take a look at the FC reading, you should see a marked improvement. Let us know if you have the chance to drive on such road, and let us have your average FC reading later.