Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Steering Wheel Vibration

• Please log in to reply

Copernicus

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Mar 5 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe is the tire bulging, can be seen when spinning
Or can check the rim bent

Actually bro i had bent on my rear rim and i've sent to make it proper back last time....

kohf1drive

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (Copernicus @ Mar 10 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually bro i had bent on my rear rim and i've sent to make it proper back last time....

why did the rim bent?

mine was accident hit sideway to the divider cause the both side rim dent & scratch

they resurface the rim but the tire bulged which now not yet change

if the rim was heat treated it may not strong as before, same as my case (resurface, might have small crack not visible to naked eye)

maybe tire is bulged???

alantieng

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:24 AM

alantieng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 810 posts
Actually, is the road not balance sometimes as you all know bolehland highway!!!...serious!! i face this problem also....but when i tested my car on proper and better highway....the car run smooth, you can try the highway heading KLIA....otherwise I think the problem is on your driveshaft.....
My War Machine : Mercedes Benz SLK280 3.0 V6 R171

SplitFire

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
Wheel hub, guys. Aiyoh..... wheel hub. Sure solve the vibration problem. smile_disapprove.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

Copernicus

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Mar 11 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheel hub, guys. Aiyoh..... wheel hub. Sure solve the vibration problem. smile_disapprove.gif

Wheel Hub.. hummm ?? but how to figure out which one out of the four ?

KohF1drive,

Bro mine was hit by another car right on the rear tyre.. but not that serious.. i didnt see my tires bulging..last time the tires were worn at the sides, but once sent the affected rim for repair its fine now.....

kohf1drive

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (Copernicus @ Mar 11 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KohF1drive,

Bro mine was hit by another car right on the rear tyre.. but not that serious.. i didnt see my tires bulging..last time the tires were worn at the sides, but once sent the affected rim for repair its fine now.....

bulging tire can't be seen by stationary 1

the mechanic spin the wheel during wheel balancing then only can see the bulge 1

michaeljen

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

michaeljen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
QUOTE (Copernicus @ Jan 8 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good day all,

I have this problem bugging me whenever i go for long distance.. Right after i enter the highway and starts to accelerate my waja 2004, the steering starts to vibrate (I have done the balancing and alignment ) when speeding from 110 - 120 kph. If i press the gas a little bit more further, the steering vibration is gone. Apparently, when i'm driving in high speed such as 160 -180 Kph, the handling is simply superb and there is no any vibration at all.

Another weird thing is, this problem completely dissapearred when my engine is hot enough unsure.gif for example when i drove from png to kl, after tapah i dun have this problem at all rolleyes.gif . So just when im speeding around 110 -120 kph in the beginning of the trip this weirdo happens. Im running on the stock rims , with my 2 years old Michelin tyres 195/60/15.

Thanks

i think maybe one of the tire is bengkak.
The NMT Hamsap Committee Member of Waja Hamsapiens Club.

My name is michaelJenn.
I'm the grave digger....

Copernicus

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

Copernicus

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Mar 11 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bulging tire can't be seen by stationary 1

the mechanic spin the wheel during wheel balancing then only can see the bulge 1

yeah.. i mean i done wheel balancing and allignment frequently so none of the mechanics told me they saw the bulge... thats why im sure the tires are okay...

SplitFire

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (Copernicus @ Mar 11 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KohF1drive,

Just lot in all 4 lor. One pcs RM5 plastic one. Metal one should not more than RM10. Both perform well and last for lifetime. It just fit in the gap.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

syaril86

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

syaril86

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
wheel hub???
could u pls post some pic to review...
pls...