Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Camry: To Buy Or Not To Buy ?

• Please log in to reply

Justicebao

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jan 14 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh that's why it will take 4 weeks.

Maybe they will ship it together with some Thai girls tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Wow...No wonder Toyota is the No.1 auto makers in the world....Their "marketing" is so good...Does used ACV come Thai girls as well? I don't mind a used one tongue.gif tongue.gif
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

Justicebao

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (techie @ Jan 14 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mazda 6 is sports sedan, the 2.5 is powerful, responsive and handles well but its interior is rather small compared to Camry & Accord. It is also going to depreciate a lot more compared to the other 2. Congrats on your purchase smile.gif

Driven a Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 before.....The handling can tapau Civic/Accord, Altis/Camry anytime....BUT the interior is a big let down!!! It is small and look cheap...I didn't feel that I was driving a RM160k car when sitting inside it....the feel was like driving a sub 100k car.

Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

vijay80

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

vijay80

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
dawshuenn.. congrats on ur choice.. I still have alot of time before decide which car to change.. current wira is still good for.. only weekends driving...
Vijay-Jb

khen

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

khen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
QUOTE (dawshuenn @ Jan 14 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again,

Vijay, I've actually test drove the Mazda 6 as well ... what an excellent car. Same goes to the Peugeot 407. But will be really tough to maintain cars like these. The parts will kill you and difficult to find. Not to mention the resell value of the car. One of my fren who bought the Mazda 6 in 2005, need to sell it off last year due to financial difficulties. After letting it go, he still owes the bank some large amt of money .... can u imagine the depreciation rate !!!

Not try to be negative here, but is just a fact to share. Besides all the minus points I mentioned, Mazda 6 is really a great car to drive, superb handling and damn powerful. Not to mention, damn sexy.

As for the Camry I booked, it is still in Toyota Thailand. Will arrived in 3 - 4 weeks. Well, is not an issue for me. I'm not in a hurry and not rushing to show off my new car during the CNY. Hahaha.

Cheers.
Alex

Bro Alex,

Are you booking a Camry year make 2008? Cannot be 4weeks wait as I booked my 2008 Camry on last week of Dec08 , registered last week..Now driving liao.. laugh.gif
If your Camry is year make 2009, then it is possible to wait 3-4weeks lay... smile.gif

i heard Mazda is gonna go on big scale promotion on their models...but Mazda is still a 'cold demand car' *Chinese saying* paiseh smile.gif

Just saw today's newspaper Honda advertised many 2008 models esp Accords available with great discount.. tongue.gif

khen

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

khen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jan 14 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh that's why it will take 4 weeks.

Maybe they will ship it together with some Thai girls tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Thai girls means more maintenance cost la... tongue.gif laugh.gif

lim275

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

lim275

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jan 14 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why they need 4 weeks ???????????????

Should get the car out in 4 days !!!!

Didn't you take a look at the Mark X ?

Oh yes - I think good decision to skip the Naza Camry. RM171k for 2 year old var & 30k km? What about warranty ?? Those Naza b@stards & BN cronies just wanna suck money from us during this economic condition !

New ride for the new year! Hope to hear from you in the camry threads rolleyes.gif

yupe..too expensive for 2 yrs car & the looklike Vios big brother...

Mark X is damn beauty for me...2.5 V6...
Safety always de first

vijay80

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

vijay80

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
"Just saw today's newspaper Honda advertised many 2008 models esp Accords available with great discount" ->

2 possibilities:

1. too many stock to clear
2. more facelift coming?.... but i dont think Accord gonna get new facelift again..

I hope Mazda will give 5 yrs FREE maintenace.. hahahaha then i will buy..
Vijay-Jb

khen

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

khen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
QUOTE (vijay80 @ Jan 15 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Just saw today's newspaper Honda advertised many 2008 models esp Accords available with great discount" ->

2 possibilities:

1. too many stock to clear
2. more facelift coming?.... but i dont think Accord gonna get new facelift again..

I hope Mazda will give 5 yrs FREE maintenace.. hahahaha then i will buy..

Before i bought my Camry, my earlier choice was CRV..that time (Dec08) they said no discount as it's a hotseller.

Recently my Honda saleman called me, he said still got 2008 model in their stockyard for clearance...easily xxxx units..

Too late la Honda..tsk tsk... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Joytoy

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Jan 15 2009, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow...No wonder Toyota is the No.1 auto makers in the world....Their "marketing" is so good...Does used ACV come Thai girls as well? I don't mind a used one tongue.gif tongue.gif

Used ACV comes from Malaysia. So if got, it will come with M'sian girls.

Malaysia girls will kena kaw kaw your pocket. Maintain a Malaysian girl can almost maintain BMW lor.

dawshuenn

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

dawshuenn

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jan 15 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Used ACV comes from Malaysia. So if got, it will come with M'sian girls.

Malaysia girls will kena kaw kaw your pocket. Maintain a Malaysian girl can almost maintain BMW lor.

Wow, lots of 'creative' ppl in this forum. Hahahaha. If I can get pretty Thai girls together with Camry, what a bonus !! Only scared end up they ship in a "she-boy" instead ... hahahaa.

Btw, I dun care if it is 2008 or 2009. As long UMW giving me 4K discount and is Pearl White color, I'm happy !!

Thanks again all.

Alex