Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Poor Follow Up From Peugeot Salesman

• Please log in to reply

swing123

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

swing123

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Mar 17 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, PSA only recommended Semi for the recommended service interval; The condition is to long the recommended engine oil which are "long-life engine oil'. From what I read, the engines materials used and is built to specially make use of these, and thus it is prohibited to use Mineral oils.

Fully Synthethic is an option, and of course it is better. But some seniors have mentioned using Fully Synthethic is quite heavy for the 1.4L engine. I guess it's best to test it out yourself and decide.

In other countries, non-tropical climate and/or normal condition driving, etc. the service interval is 30,000KM or 2 years.

when you said heavy and some members said light, what does it mean actually? are you referring to viscosity of he engine oil? said if don't mind the higher price, select a fully sync oil with less vicsous content (eg Mobil 1 5w-30), would that help improve the fuel efficient, slightly better response in power and gave engine a well oiled protection?

sorry for the noob question.

intermilan

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
if want to reduce FC by way of using lighter engine oil, try any reputable xw-30 weighted oil.
it could be 0w-30, 5w-30 as the xW did not matters for use in hot & humid climate.

as long as the ILSAC GF-4 (Starburst Certification Symbol) logo is there, the oil is certified to 'assist' in reducing fuel consumption.

but this 'fuel-saving' engine oil usually come in the form of fully synthetic engine oil...

and using FS oil in Bestari is kinda wasted since service interval is 10K km only.

i've used this light oil... Total Quartz 9000SM 5w-30 engine oil (fully synthetic) once.

Engine much lighter, especially in town driving (thus save on petrol) but i feel its reduce high-speed performance a little.

Still prefer my 'heavy' Total 10w-50 engine oil.

and etetet, thanks for explaining swing123 Q, your elaboration is spot-on bro . hope that clarify it.

Art806

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Art806

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
QUOTE (swing123 @ Feb 26 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i submit my document on 9 Feb to my SA, got the loan intervier call from NCL 10 days later. Today got a call from my SA that my loan has been approved. Next is to sign the agreement and then wait for the car. Not bad at all after listening to all the horror stories here, that take months to even get a call from NCL.

If anyone is interested in getting the Pug car and is staying at KL, i strongly recommend that SA. Note that i have no relationship or vested interest in the SA, be it direct or indirect. I just find that the SA knows the pug cars well and is following up on your case, rather than the other way round. PM me if intereted.

Care to share the details? my friend is interested to book one..
<BR>-Art-<BR><BR>My Ride:<BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334">http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334</A></a>

Visit My Website