Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Opinion On Punto

• Please log in to reply

sosiawan

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

sosiawan

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I want to buy a car, and i kind interested to buy FIAT PUNTO...what do you guys think about this 2 below

http://www.mudah.my/...0418.htm?ca=9_s
http://www.mudah.my/...7660.htm?ca=9_s

do you think it's still in a good condition? and how's the maintenance for PUNTO, is it expensive? cheap? or just fair, compare to others. Thanks for the help

Cheers

yesme

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

yesme

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am also interested to buy Fiat Punto 1.3 year 2000-2001 version. But I do not know the fuel consumtion, the spare parts, maintenance etceteras.

Anybody there can help explain about this.

I have google but not satisfy with the result.

Thx!

eljae

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

eljae

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
I had bought a Fiat Punto NUOVA for my daughter some 6 months ago. So far I have no regrets in buying the car and after changing the normal wear and tear parts like brake pads, suspension, oil, oil filter, etc the performance of the car is superb! So far there are no problems.

It is a 1200 cc car but it can climb hills with ease and can easily perform on par with many 1600 cc cars. At first I was thinking of buying a Kelisa which was hugely popular. I bought the Fiat Nouva for RM21,500 a price cheaper than a 2nd hand Kelisa but it is a class above Kelisa. No comparison at all because of the sheer power and many features usually found in more expensive cars like sun-roof, immobiliser, good sound system, etc. Yet the petrol consumption is lower or comparable to a Kelisa. And I have owned a Kelisa before, so I'm somewhat qualified to make comparison!

In the first place, safety was the prime consideration why I bought the car for my children. Even though compactly built, the car is like a mini-tank; the body's metal is very solid. Use your hand to knock on the metal and you'll see what I mean - very solid and heavy!

On the downside, if you are new to Fiat, the parts are a little difficult to find outside KL especially in other states and a little bit more expensive than Proton or Toyota parts. But these spare parts are usually OEM in Europe, not Taiwan or China, and their quality are better and they tend to last longer. It is expensive if you send the car to Fiat agents for repair; that's the reason you hear horror stories from the non-informed public. Not quite so! I usually get the parts from Nikko Spare Parts in Butterworth, Penang and then send the car to my normal trusted mechanic for repair. That's where I got my suspension, brake pads, oil filter, etc. In doing so, the parts and repairs cost me only slightly higher than repairing a proton car with Proton Authorised Service Centers - no joke!

Overall, its a value-for-money car when bought 2nd hand. It's a pity that the price does not do justice to the real value of the car! But as a buyer, we should be mighty pleased! Just make sure that you buy a Nuova model after year 1999/2000 onwards; this model has no major issues. The earlier models have some overheating and gear box issues if you're unlucky. Also buy from a person who maintains his or her car well.

Hope you'll find the comments useful!

thrace

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

thrace

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
very good comments, eljae... i am a happy punto nouva owner too wink.gif

ahk

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
thinking of getting a small car for my wife to fetch my son to n fro from school and for city driving.. check and check still found that punto is what i like...but still worried on the maintenance la...because i never drive conti car before... sad.gif

what other options you all can suggest?

ahk

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
does 2003 model punto comes with Manual Transmission?

maxcobmara

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

maxcobmara

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (ahk @ Aug 13 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thinking of getting a small car for my wife to fetch my son to n fro from school and for city driving.. check and check still found that punto is what i like...but still worried on the maintenance la...because i never drive conti car before... sad.gif
what other options you all can suggest?

They are fairly bulletproof except for the gearbox, where the only problem is mechanics breaking it with the wrong G/Box oil. Its a CVT.

QUOTE (ahk @ Jan 19 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does 2003 model punto comes with Manual Transmission?

Yes, though you must trade the cogs for two rear doors, you will also get 600cc extra free!
MaxCobMara! If you dont Max it, It don't count
Current Garage: 320d M-Sport, 306cabrio, Citroen C5Mk1 EXV6 3.0, Alfa Romeo 33 1.5IE, Volvo 940GLT, Pug 306XRGTi-6, E200K AG, Fiat Punto Cabrio 1.6 Abarth Custom, Volvo 740GLE 2.3A, Gen-2 1.6A
Exes : Pug305GTX, BMW E30 UK, Iswara 1.3&1.3A/B, Kawa K1, Perdana SEi, Satria 1.6A, Comel JD50, Tiara 1.1 Custom, BMW E39 523 2.5, Ford Focus 2.0S Hatch, Gen-2 1.6 M
Totalled : Saga 1.5, Wira 1.3, Merc W115, Yamaha VX250, Citroen Zx 1.9 Volcane, Pug 206CC 2.0, Fiat Multipla 1.9JTD, , Citroen C3 1.6 Sensodrive ASD Phantom
Stolen : Merc W115, Fiat 131

ahk

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
this MT car available for malaysia market? how much does it cost?

alienfx

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

alienfx

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
How about the normal auto Punto Selecta year 1997-2000?Does this type has gearbox problems?