Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Lubegard Kool It

• Please log in to reply

pupjoint

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

pupjoint

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
i am on my 3rd year now with Kool It. 1st year i used Redline WW.

i never use with any coolant. I thought these are already coolants by itself? it says on the bottle that 1 bottle of Kool It treats up to a certain amount of quarts of coolant. i thnk is 20, cant remember now.

So far i never had any probs, no leakages or whatsoever.

goreng

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

goreng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
QUOTE (pupjoint @ Dec 26 2008, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am on my 3rd year now with Kool It. 1st year i used Redline WW.

i never use with any coolant. I thought these are already coolants by itself? it says on the bottle that 1 bottle of Kool It treats up to a certain amount of quarts of coolant. i thnk is 20, cant remember now.

So far i never had any probs, no leakages or whatsoever.

without coolant will the water boil?

• My name is goreng

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 71,464 posts
      QUOTE (goreng @ Dec 27 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
      without coolant will the water boil?

If you mean just water in the radiator. Whether with or without coolant, the water will still boil. It depends on how high is the running temperature. The coolant not only aid in cooling but to prevent rust as well as to lubricate the water pump.
      Water in radiator system boils only at higher temperature as it is under pressure.

rdgs,

pupjoint

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

pupjoint

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 141 posts
      sorry i dint make it clear enough, i meant i use a bottle of Kool It and top it off with distilled water. i think somewhere in the instruction it says Kool It byitseld is a coolant and it does lubricate the water pump, prevents rusts.

andylwp

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

andylwp

Advanced

• Members
      • Pip
      • 55 posts
      I'm currently using Redline Water Wetter now. Is it as good as Kool It? Or do I need to use Kool It to complement Water Wetter? My car is running on CNG in which the engine is running at higher temperature.

Another thing, do I need to change the water pump at 100k km interval when changing my single belt (steering, alternator, fan) during my next service? My car is gonna be 4 yr old next Feb.

Pls advise. Thanks.
      Toyota........Moving Forward........

gjrforce

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

gjrforce

White Lightning

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 6,723 posts
      For Redline WW, just added in with distiller water.

For Kool-it, the bottle lable is stated just like Redline WW, added water will do, not need coolant.

it is good to change Water pump as part of the maintainence part.
      i change it at 80k km during timing belt service..it still look good and many of friend with same car with me drag it till 200k km without problem.

but i still insist change it during my next timing belt service which is real soon.
      AMSoil, Mobil 1, Royal purple, Redline, Motul, Chevron, NGK, Denso, OWS, K&N

mubull

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
      • PipPipPip
      • 4,385 posts
      QUOTE (gjrforce @ Dec 30 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
      For Redline WW, just added in with distiller water.

For Kool-it, the bottle lable is stated just like Redline WW, added water will do, not need coolant.

it is good to change Water pump as part of the maintainence part.
      i change it at 80k km during timing belt service..it still look good and many of friend with same car with me drag it till 200k km without problem.

but i still insist change it during my next timing belt service which is real soon.

I thought u only need to change it if faulty ?

cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
      www.duragloss.com.my
      facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

Esky

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

Esky

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 3,954 posts
      Donno about other makes, but for Protons, mechanics usually recommend that the water pump be changed together with the timing belt, reason being that, while the WP may last longer than the TB, it probably won't last as long as 2 TB changes. If it fails before the 2nd TB change, you'll need to change it at extra labour charges, as the parts needed to be taken off to change the water pump are similar to when changing timing belt.

So, unless if your WP is very expensive or of industrial strength, it's cheaper or more convenient to just change it together with the TB. The Iswara's WP only costs around RM60, and that's for a Japanese-made unit, so quite cheap lah. Maybe mubull's MPVs have much costlier WPs! biggrin.gif
      Faster acceleration, less fuel consumption - SURBO

> XLIQ <

~ Think great oil at great price, think Esky ~
      Amsoil | German Castrol | Royal Purple | Mobil 1 | Mobil 1 EP | Motul

mubull

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
      • PipPipPip
      • 4,385 posts
      Thanks for info. Happy New Year to ALL
      cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
      www.duragloss.com.my
      facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

HCman

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

HCman

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 211 posts
      Guys,
      1 week ago a did a completer radiator flush and then added in a bottle of Kool IT. A few days later I noticed that the mixture of water + coolant in my reserve tank is almost full but when I open the radiator cap, it was not full as I could pour in 500 ml of water. Sent my car to the workshop and had to change the main radiator hose (slight leak) plus 2 smaller hoses. Since I have never changed the thermostat and fan sensor, I asked the mechanic to change them as well. I am still experiencing water overflowing to the reserve but not fully drawn back to the radiator (radiator is not full when engine is cold). I am just wondering if this is normal or if there is something wrong with my car.