Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Ckd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hfyim

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
Grrrr ... angry.gif Most of the 308 thread are locked. So starting this off again. Pinched this without permission from another auto website. But it should be good news for khlee laugh.gif. Aint going to mention which auto website, take a look around cause its not hard to find out.

Nasim Sdn Bhd is taking orders for the new Peugeot 308 which is expected to be launched in January 2009. Two versions will be available – the 308VTi and 308 Turbo, both in 5-door hatchback form and with automatic transmission.

Note: BBCodes works in other sections but not here, hmmm ....

uncledee

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

uncledee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
VTi => 120hp [confirmed]

Any info on Turbo version? ... is it 140hp or 150hp?

rgds.

wheelz

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
Hmm... good news for the brand.

Now a good spec list, and a City/Vios beating price should swing some folks over. Unfortunately there's still allot of boring ppl out there who will still buy based solely on a T or H badge.

Hopefully nasim would have learnt from this 407 experience and do better for the 308
Carpe diem

red406

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

red406

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
why oh why is there no option for manual tranny..?! grrr... dry.gif
Tiefer, tiefer - Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!

Andy214

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

VTi => 120hp [confirmed]

Any info on Turbo version? ... is it 140hp or 150hp?

rgds.

If I'm not wrong, it should be 140hp for Auto transmission. (similar to the one in Singapore, they calls it THP140)
For manual, it is 150hp.

Hmm... good news for the brand.

Now a good spec list, and a City/Vios beating price should swing some folks over. Unfortunately there's still allot of boring ppl out there who will still buy based solely on a T or H badge.

Hopefully nasim would have learnt from this 407 experience and do better for the 308

Yea, very good spec and especially pricing wise; too bad contis are not favoured here, unlike the new upcoming City, I bet the bookings are crazy before it launch. But then again, the brand is particularly strong here, plus the "leaked" news are very powerful together with it's superb advertisement (Flash based). Overall, their advertisement on the City is very impressive. But personally, I think there might be tight competition thus the sudden early launch of the car, I thought it was suppose to be next year.

In terms of Nasim with 407 experience, we don't really know what happened, but I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose; there could be some problems/issues here and there. Looking from their point of view, who would want to make the customer to suffer, and themselves to have all these troubles. What I can say is, they could learn from the 407 experience, and try their best to prevent those issues from happening to the future CKDs.

So, let's just hope the 308 and also future CKDs would do much better.

why oh why is there no option for manual tranny..?! grrr... dry.gif

Got... 308 GT... laugh.gif
Well, in terms of manual transmission, how many would actually buy? It's hard to justify for them to bring in manual and then have very slow sales, possibly leaving the few units for some time until they have to give more discounts to clear it.
Probably, if those really interested, could "specially" request from Nasim? Or have a group "order"? I don't know, but if you're really keen and serious, why not? As the dealer, they also need to worry how many will actually buy after they speak.
Look at the 206 1.4L Manual for example, there're very limited units only, and yet it doesn't sell well; If I'm not wrong, there is no 2nd batch of Manual version at all, the 1st batch itself can't clear till today and the price drop till below 60K now.
How to convince them to bring in manual version for future CKDs?

Just my 2 lion roars.

red406

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

red406

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Got... 308 GT... laugh.gif
Well, in terms of manual transmission, how many would actually buy? It's hard to justify for them to bring in manual and then have very slow sales, possibly leaving the few units for some time until they have to give more discounts to clear it.
Probably, if those really interested, could "specially" request from Nasim? Or have a group "order"? I don't know, but if you're really keen and serious, why not? As the dealer, they also need to worry how many will actually buy after they speak.
Look at the 206 1.4L Manual for example, there're very limited units only, and yet it doesn't sell well; If I'm not wrong, there is no 2nd batch of Manual version at all, the 1st batch itself can't clear till today and the price drop till below 60K now.
How to convince them to bring in manual version for future CKDs?

Just my 2 lion roars.

..well out of 1000 orders as an example, surely they can bring in 1 percent or thereabouts, manual transmission...for all model across...surely there a few people who still enjoy and apprecite driving manually...(my wife and i easily makes two... cool.gif
..and manual transmission, cost cheaper to buy and maintain too, now that is a fact..!! smile.gif

Tiefer, tiefer - Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!

Andy214

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

..well out of 1000 orders as an example, surely they can bring in 1 percent or thereabouts, manual transmission...for all model across...surely there a few people who still enjoy and apprecite driving manually...(my wife and i easily makes two... cool.gif
..and manual transmission, cost cheaper to buy and maintain too, now that is a fact..!! smile.gif

Well, it's also a fact that in Malaysia, most will prefer autos, and even tough there're some which mentioned they want manual, but how many will "actually" buys it when it is launch without further complains/excuses? As a customer, yea, I also wish they can do that, I'm also a manual driver and I waited 1 whole year for the 206 Manual just to get dissapointed with the spec and actually think of scrapping the manual and go for the auto instead, until I found out that the long lost left over beast still available; But I guess they have their part to consider, and more especially since the 206 Manual is not doing well at all.

Another thing is, the manual version spec; look at Vios J and 206 Manual, the specs are very low. It can be said for cheaper alternatives, but also can say that many manual drivers in Malaysia want cheap and "I don't want this, I don't want that", like Pasar Malam.

Some drivers, would complain why the spec is so low, right?
If they launch the VTi manual, then some might say, why there's no Turbo version? and possibly argue that manual drivers are sporty drivers, they need more power; then again, here they might be advice to go for the 308 GT, but... then again, they might again argue, it's 2 door, it's too expensive, prefer CKD version.
Anyway, my point is, personally, I think it's very hard to do manual market.

Well, not saying it is not possible, who knows right? If you're really keen, why not write in to Nasim?
I used to write in to Naza Corp when the 206 CKD is launched, I read in the news there will be a manual version in future back then, so I asked them about the manual version and also possibly other variants; What they reply was, for manual, they are not sure at that time, they need to see the demand and how well is the auto version doing. So, it means, the manual version is possible to be drop back then itself... And the manual version is launch so late, after about 1 year! and also more dissapointing is the spec which without ABS.
The other variants and also 1.6L engine was also mentioned to me that they need to see the demand, but seems the demand is so poor, they cannot continue with the 206 anymore.

So, who knows? Possibly if the 308 is well received and highly demand in the future, they might consider more "options"~ laugh.gif

By the way, the CKD 308 I heard will not come with Glass Roof like the 308 GT; Just to let others know and prepare. That stuff is not cheap either, I heard they're also trying very hard to make the price very competitive and also within the estimated price or possibly lower? wink.gif

Let's hope for the best, and also don't put too high hopes, we still want surprises rolleyes.gif

khlee23

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
Hi Yim,
True or not?! I am excited now if you you said it is true. How come paultan blog so quite about 308? Launch in Jan then delivering car at the same time? I heard someone was saying Nasim trying to do this for 308CKD. If true mean, I could drive this new lion up north and park at VIP prking lot of QuensBay Mall!! I am going to my wife hometown this CNY, Penang.

Thanks//KHLee

Life is short. Seize the day!

wheelz

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
Hey andy, knowing you, you'll probably have went to check this out with nasim directly already! smile.gif So what's the spec list like? If its real good, at a real good price, can consider getting another pug for the gf. Hehehe.

Carpe diem

hfyim

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

hfyim

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts
khlee, I am only posting on whats published around lah. Dont hold me for it. Perhaps time for you to recheck with Nasim? Could be good news.