Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 - La Discussion Générale

• Please log in to reply

rafamr

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

rafamr

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
QUOTE (sky1228 @ Sep 17 2013, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya. same here RM180 after 30% off.

Wonder if the price still stand, will give them a call tomorrow.Thanks
rafamr

jase

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

jase

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
Anyone had issues with rough idling - came with Engine Fault: Repair needed?

My 2.5yr 407 just checked in to Balakong. Rough idling, engine died a few times, sometimes brakes no working. I think not firing on all cylinders.

Plugs changed at 40k service. Mileage now 60k.

Hope is something simple like coil pack and covered under warranty.

danieltcc

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (jase @ Sep 24 2013, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone had issues with rough idling - came with Engine Fault: Repair needed?

My 2.5yr 407 just checked in to Balakong. Rough idling, engine died a few times, sometimes brakes no working. I think not firing on all cylinders.

Plugs changed at 40k service. Mileage now 60k.

Hope is something simple like coil pack and covered under warranty.

I have encountered it a couple of times before. SC couldn't identify the fault. But I realise that the engine sputters after every top up of petrol to full tank. My usual habit is to fill until I can see the petrol at the top. When engine dies, I restart the engine and try to burn off the extra fuel, then everything returns to normal. Since then, I have stopped the practice of filling to the brim. No more such incidence of engine suddenly stopping. If you pump the same way, maybe try this method of filling up to the point the petrol nozzle automatically stops. Otherwise, SC will have to check where the fault is.
Daniel in the Lion's Den

jase

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

jase

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
QUOTE (danieltcc @ Sep 24 2013, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have encountered it a couple of times before. SC couldn't identify the fault. But I realise that the engine sputters after every top up of petrol to full tank. My usual habit is to fill until I can see the petrol at the top. When engine dies, I restart the engine and try to burn off the extra fuel, then everything returns to normal. Since then, I have stopped the practice of filling to the brim. No more such incidence of engine suddenly stopping. If you pump the same way, maybe try this method of filling up to the point the petrol nozzle automatically stops. Otherwise, SC will have to check where the fault is.

Got the answer after calling the SC numerous times. It seems my timing belt "sudah lari"...according to them.

So, they are performing a timing belt change..the whole works:
1. Timing belt
2. Water pump
3. Timing cover upper
4. Timing cover lower
5. Water pump o-ring
6. Roller tensioner

all covered under warranty..... laugh.gif

sky1228

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

sky1228

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
QUOTE (jase @ Sep 27 2013, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got the answer after calling the SC numerous times. It seems my timing belt "sudah lari"...according to them.

So, they are performing a timing belt change..the whole works:
1. Timing belt
2. Water pump
3. Timing cover upper
4. Timing cover lower
5. Water pump o-ring
6. Roller tensioner

all covered under warranty..... laugh.gif

glad to hear that. smile_thumbup.gif

afadzil21

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

afadzil21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Anywhere can check and adjust the camber and caster on the 407? Hit a pothole and redid alignment and balancing twice. Changed rim because damaged. All wheels balanced fine, alignment done but car still pulls to left when driving. Lim Tayar said camber or caster problem. Any advice?

faraqibtho

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

faraqibtho

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (afadzil21 @ Nov 12 2013, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anywhere can check and adjust the camber and caster on the 407? Hit a pothole and redid alignment and balancing twice. Changed rim because damaged. All wheels balanced fine, alignment done but car still pulls to left when driving. Lim Tayar said camber or caster problem. Any advice?

Hi bro

Was your prob resolved? Actually my car also having the same problem which due to the same cause. I was told that normally if such incident happened, it will cause the suspension leg or any of the arms to bent. But I haven't do mine.