Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

VOLVO 144

• Please log in to reply

Mean

Posted 01 November 2001 - 08:37 AM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Aha.. so WC *210 belongs to your colleague eh? You mentioned earlier that he had a B18 engine transplanted in. With a heavy body originally designed for the B30 engine, the car is definitely underpowered but once you get to cruising speed, should be okay.

Anyway, 144/164 cars were not built for aggressive driving.

If you do see me (PV6 - PEQ4949 with AW sticker on rear windscreen) give me a honk. I swear that I have seen your PAX sometime before, many years back. Hard to forget bcoz PAX series actually belong to 240s era, and your car original number must have been a good one.

AOC

Posted 05 November 2001 - 03:37 PM

AOC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Yeah he admits its a little underpowered. The original no. is PH something I forgot. I`ll look out for you Mean, if you`re over this side of the small drain, let me know perhaps we can have some teh tarik together.

Mean

Posted 05 November 2001 - 10:54 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Right on!
That small drain takes 10 minutes to cross at 80km/h..

Mean

Posted 30 November 2001 - 12:45 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Why is this thread now so quiet?

Dreiger

Posted 30 November 2001 - 02:10 PM

Dreiger

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts
I really dunno..
for a while a lot of things then quiet...
cheh...
boring betul lah...

Mean

Posted 30 November 2001 - 06:23 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Not many peope like to talk about 144 and 164 .. sigh..

AOC

Posted 04 December 2001 - 11:04 AM

AOC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Ok Just to make some noise.

I just spend 2 weekends working on the car. I flush the radiator, Phew!! It was digusting the amount of rust must be 1/8" thick. Even had to physically use a brush to clean it off even after running for 10min with Rdiator flushing agent. Also the thermostat was missing. No wonder my car takes forever to warm up and the temp is not very stable.

Later I change engine oil + filter and retune the engine. Now the car is running very smooth and quite economical for a 2l car.

Next would be the exterior, needs a good wash and polish and some rewiring / cleaning wire contact point. Lots of work still left to be done but no time. Anyway just to keep this thread running.

Mean

Posted 04 December 2001 - 09:52 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

How many owners has your V had?

AOC

Posted 10 December 2001 - 02:08 PM

AOC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
I`m no. 7 I think and should be accurate to +/- 1. Sorry, haven`t check the title for a while. The last owner was a good friend of mine who had it since 88. Even sent it for an overhaul.

Mean

Posted 12 December 2001 - 09:49 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Ah! How do you enjoy reading a speedometer that is a horizontally-moving ribbon? Does your speedo have the `arrow` pointer? What is it for actually? My dad`s car didn`t have it bcoz it was either lost or missing during the accident.

Your `horn pad` .. it`s a thick wire on the steering wheel rite?

Something I remember very well that sits on the dashboard is the set of three dials with orange-red lamps running in the middle, depending on how much you turn them.