Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

KIA Sorento

• Please log in to reply

tbpccc

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

tbpccc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (siewwhong @ Oct 13 2011, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, of course I thought about resale value. Yes, we have been brain washed but the days of the Korean cars are coming, last year, Hyundai-Kia (they are sister companies) is the 4th largest car maker in the world and if the Japanese does not buck up, it will be left behind.
BTW, What year is your Civic and which model?

Hi! My civic is 2.0 year 2007.
I m really don't understand why so many malaysian so loyal to japanese car instead of so many choices out there, right?
I choose civic early bcuz of performance, fun to race n good looking. But the cushion very hard, punggong rasa sakit when travel long distance.

what do you think sorento is spacious than harrier or not?

siewwhong

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

siewwhong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (tbpccc @ Oct 14 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! My civic is 2.0 year 2007.
I m really don't understand why so many malaysian so loyal to japanese car instead of so many choices out there, right?
I choose civic early bcuz of performance, fun to race n good looking. But the cushion very hard, punggong rasa sakit when travel long distance.

what do you think sorento is spacious than harrier or not?

Malaysians have been brainwashed. :-)
Some thinking certain Japanese brand is better, absorbers are good, as if we are still living in the 1970's or 1980's when pot holes are common on our trunk roads.
Anyhow, we cannot deny at this moment that Japan made cars have a more "solid" resale value, we have to acknowledge that. However, once the perception for Korean cars become better and their acceptance become more common, there will be a day their resale value will be as good as the Japs.
Civic is a nice car, love the dashboard, kinda futuristic.
I dont have the dimensions of both cars to compare but I believe the numbers will be about the same. However, Sorento is a 7-seater, real SUV with 4WD, 6 airbags, 6-speed +/- auto transmission, 5 year warranty car whereas Harrier is 5-seater, 2WD, ? airbags, 5-speed +/- auto transmission, grey importer car without any warranty. Best thing is Sorento is a head turner (everytime I park in hypermarkets, sure got people come to the car and jenguk jenguk :-), same thing on the road, ramai yang tengok, maybe some say want to know who is this crazy fella that buys Korean car :-))

tbpccc

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

tbpccc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (siewwhong @ Oct 15 2011, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Malaysians have been brainwashed. :-)
Some thinking certain Japanese brand is better, absorbers are good, as if we are still living in the 1970's or 1980's when pot holes are common on our trunk roads.
Anyhow, we cannot deny at this moment that Japan made cars have a more "solid" resale value, we have to acknowledge that. However, once the perception for Korean cars become better and their acceptance become more common, there will be a day their resale value will be as good as the Japs.
Civic is a nice car, love the dashboard, kinda futuristic.
I dont have the dimensions of both cars to compare but I believe the numbers will be about the same. However, Sorento is a 7-seater, real SUV with 4WD, 6 airbags, 6-speed +/- auto transmission, 5 year warranty car whereas Harrier is 5-seater, 2WD, ? airbags, 5-speed +/- auto transmission, grey importer car without any warranty. Best thing is Sorento is a head turner (everytime I park in hypermarkets, sure got people come to the car and jenguk jenguk :-), same thing on the road, ramai yang tengok, maybe some say want to know who is this crazy fella that buys Korean car :-))

This time, the Korean car really improved a lot especially sonata, sorento n tucson? Better features n better aerodynamic. I believe many people impress on it however when think about resale value n more 'branded'then stick to japanese car only loh!
For example, sorento have new facelift with 6 speed auto transmission and many more but toyota fortuner have new facelift but still 4 speed auto transmission n others remain as old facelift n more expensive. I do believe the UMW toyota thought malaysian
are stupid, do you agree?

siewwhong

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

siewwhong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (tbpccc @ Oct 16 2011, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This time, the Korean car really improved a lot especially sonata, sorento n tucson? Better features n better aerodynamic. I believe many people impress on it however when think about resale value n more 'branded'then stick to japanese car only loh!
For example, sorento have new facelift with 6 speed auto transmission and many more but toyota fortuner have new facelift but still 4 speed auto transmission n others remain as old facelift n more expensive. I do believe the UMW toyota thought malaysian
are stupid, do you agree?

Yes, I do agree.
To them, why change? For the last 10 years, I have been giving you same engine, 4AT, lousier plastic interior BUT yet my car is still so sought after, why change?

mychai

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

mychai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Hi all,
This thread is somehow out of topic already, it become Japan vs Korean smile.gif
Well, most of the Malaysian can't accept low resale value... Hey, come on, we are buying a car, not a property, right? 2nd, like my 2004 T Camry, I sold it at 95k, it is only 4 years car, that is already half of the price already, does it consider good resale value?
If you guy go to Paultan.org, under the topic 'new Toyota forturner' which is posted last week, see what people are commenting... The japan car esPecially T... Need to improve loh... Or it will be left behind.
Want to know more about new Kia sorento, go to Korean forum, there will be more info. I read a thread that Diesel Sorento is available by year end. Hope it is true.

Tourist

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (mychai @ Oct 16 2011, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,
This thread is somehow out of topic already, it become Japan vs Korean smile.gif
Well, most of the Malaysian can't accept low resale value... Hey, come on, we are buying a car, not a property, right? 2nd, like my 2004 T Camry, I sold it at 95k, it is only 4 years car, that is already half of the price already, does it consider good resale value?

It it's a Hyundai Sonata, you may get less than half.

And don't forget another thing. You sell off your old Camry in a week but it may take a month to sell off the Sonata. In another word, it's easier to sell off your Japanese cars.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

tbpccc

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

tbpccc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Who to blame?? Car Dealers?...cuz they have a lot of Japanese car need to sell off and washed brain all the consumers as they can n said good about Japanese cars. Come on lah...let korean n conti car owners able to sale in better price n buy a new
one from them too!! Right? Make it win win situation mah! Everytime I check the value of korean car, it is really bleeding to those owners, kesiannya!

kswei

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
Let's back to the topic,

If I were to buy any SUV today (which my next car will be a SUV - until I finish my current car installment in another 2 years lar)

I will only consider the korean SUV and nothing else, as most are out of budget, anything above RM175k.
Unless something very interesting and which not a Toyota Forturner, then I will consider.

but look around the market, it's only the korean have best SUV at this price range. either Kia or hyundai. The rest are mainly Asean Cars.

But in two years time the Sorento may get older, but the New Santa Fe already in the market.

Looking forward to..in 2013.

1st Member of AW Since 1999

Tourist

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (tbpccc @ Oct 16 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who to blame?? Car Dealers?...cuz they have a lot of Japanese car need to sell off and washed brain all the consumers as they can n said good about Japanese cars. Come on lah...let korean n conti car owners able to sale in better price n buy a new
one from them too!! Right? Make it win win situation mah! Everytime I check the value of korean car, it is really bleeding to those owners, kesiannya!

Well, you can start paying higher price for 2nd Korean car for a start. If 2nd hand dealer say RM50,000, you say you will pay him RM53,000 instead.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

siewwhong

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

siewwhong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (tbpccc @ Oct 16 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_thumbup.gif