Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Unser - Q & A

• Please log in to reply

Loke

Posted 17 July 2001 - 07:38 AM

Loke

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
Hi newunser,
Thank you for your response. I hope that I can get this rate in KL.

Chips

Posted 17 July 2001 - 08:49 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
Why don`t you guys check Hong Leong Finance? You can apply using our OnLine form and see what the rate is and also get conditional approval. No need to go anywhere further than your desk. I think they give better rates than most places.

aryfs

Posted 17 July 2001 - 08:54 AM

aryfs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
testing one, two, three testing .... testing ....
how come what i posted last friday & saturday didn`t comes out ... aiyah .. tired onli typing long long stoli ...

again ... testing ....

aryfs

Posted 17 July 2001 - 09:14 AM

aryfs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
now it`s okey pulak .... never mind ... now got to remember what i typed last week...
newunser: welcome! welcome! to the club (unofficial meh) & congrats - u`ll never regret it cos` u`ve spend nearly 76K to acquire this `hot stuff` nowadays... abt. the gear, don`t voli, give it another 2 weeks or so and it will be smooth operator ... must consider lah, it`s still new - just lost her virginity to you what ...
makangin: how possible changing to a synthetic gear oil improve the noise? plse clarify ... thanks ... next year after the warranty over, i`m going to the electrical fan ... heard it`s effective ... anyone out there have experience in this ....
pokeman: veli rajin lah u, soundproofing all the 4 doors, what do u used to soundproof it? how u do it? tell lah some more - me and rest of the gang wld like to give it a try ....

i think this coming saturday (yahoo - 3rd sat cuti) , i`m going for my 32K service, aiyaah, lagi luit mau keluar lo... for those who have completed this service, wht is the price like ... where is the best umv centre to do this ... frankly speaking, my unser have been serviced at pj, shah alam, klang & lastly seremban ... looking for the least crowded place ...

thanks all for the answer ... cheers

newunser

Posted 19 July 2001 - 12:04 AM

newunser

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Hello aryfs, believe you still go to umw to have the car service. I thought that umw don`t open on Saturday. Malacca branch do not open on Saturday and this is pain in the neck....got to get leave or time off to get my car service.

ibni

Posted 19 July 2001 - 09:09 AM

ibni

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
I`ll do my first service this Saturday at Shamelin Perkasa. Take a long time to finish my first 1,000 km since I`m using motorbike to go to work.

Someone offered me Toyota Harrier original tyres size 215/70 rim 16. I only need to buy rim. I do not whether it can fit into my unser. Please advise me.

pokemon

Posted 19 July 2001 - 11:06 AM

pokemon

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts
ibni..
i dun think it is advisable to use 215/70 r16 tyres on your unser

unser original tyre size is oredi 195/70 r14. for 16" rim, your tyre size should be 215/50 r16 in order to maintain the same diameter of your original wheel size..if u put 70 series in the 16" rim, your meter reading would be way out...

another problem is..dunno can masuk or not the tyre..

newunser

Posted 20 July 2001 - 12:20 AM

newunser

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Question to all Unserian....I understand that UMW is very strict with the warranty. I plan to add some speaker components, amps and also do some soundproofing. Will it void the warranty? Does anyone out there do some modification during the warranty period and UMW cancel the warranty period?

Ibni...I agreed that R16 is too big...you may problem of turning and wheels may touch the chassis. If you go for low profile and with heavy load on the Unser, you wheels will bend when hitting the portholes. So best choice is to go for R15. Use 205/60/R15.

Thanks.

Chips

Posted 20 July 2001 - 09:26 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
I don`t think changing the audio system and adding soundproofing would void your warranty although manufacturers hate to see people tampering around with wiring as it can cause some problems. I know someone who changed his audio system in his Liteace and it caught fire because the wiring was very badly done. With the newer cars having a lot of electronic systems, like the Altis, wiring has to be done very carefully otherwise you could damage the computers.

Maybe the best thing is to write to UMWT`s Customer Assistance Division and state your query and get a black and white document from them to say if there will be any problems with the warranty if you do such things. Don`t just take a verbal reply because later on if you have to make any claim, saying that Mr Tan told you it was okay won`t be good enough!

ibni

Posted 20 July 2001 - 12:19 PM

ibni

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
pokemon & newunser

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I take your advise.

With regard to modifications on sound systems and putting soundproofing, I think it would be better if you could check with UMW Toyota, to ensure the warranty not been voided.