Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Wish.

• Please log in to reply

tfyew

Posted 20 January 2003 - 06:58 PM

tfyew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
Hi all,

If you are interested with info and photos on the above you can go to this link http://babelfish.alt...om/babelfish/tr and type in the URL http://www.toyota.co.jp/index.html to get the Japanese to English translation. The photos is very cool. Now if only UMW is interested in bringing in this model to compete with Honda Stream. Anybody has any idea?

Regards.

CUV

Posted 20 January 2003 - 10:55 PM

CUV

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
I understand that Thailand will be building this Wish. So, wonder UMW will bring it in now or wait till AFTA, when the tax is reduced to 20%.

Chips

Posted 21 January 2003 - 12:25 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
The Wish is a direct competitor to the Honda Stream... even has identical dimensions! It is the basis for the Toyota International MPV project.

tfyew

Posted 21 January 2003 - 02:17 AM

tfyew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
Hi Chips,

Thanks. So far this is exactly what I have found out from your earlier writeup and from the website. Any idea UMW has this intention in bringing in this beautiful machine? (I hope your insider tips in UMW can reveal this, :) )

Well, I almost ended up with Stream with it's latest offer but I was not satisfied with the interior. It is too bland. If the Stream has the interior like Wish, I would not have think twice. I wish "Wish" is coming here very soon and with great offer to compete with Stream, :)...

Regards.

tnigel

Posted 21 January 2003 - 07:57 AM

tnigel

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts
Naza will most probably have it in their showroom in the near future, either that or some other parallel importer. I just wonder what the price would be.Question

ST Tee

Posted 21 January 2003 - 08:11 AM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
Well, if there`s any hippy and trendy cars, I believe Naza would have it Smile. Anyway, why `Wish` or `Stream` ?? Unser-lah, with that price tag, you can get 1.5 unit of Unser Big Smile and carry double the passangers. If you have a small family, husband + wife + maybe 2 kids + a maid, then Stream or Wish could just about nicely fit, well, not including excessive luggage though. Happy `Wishing`, cheers ! Errr ... let me rephrase ... Happy `Wishing` while our `Unser` is a reality Big Smile Big Smile Still Cheers !

raftoo

Posted 21 January 2003 - 08:48 PM

raftoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
yeah...why not..get unser...can race too..ask ugakgedik...heheheBig SmileBig Smile

Chips

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:37 PM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
Well, keep WISHing. The problem is that the Unser is selling so well (over 1000 units a month last year) and UMWT may hesitate to discontinue it. I don't think they will want to assemble the Unser and the Wish as there may be cannibalisation and end up with only a very slight increase in total volume.

CUV

Posted 21 January 2003 - 11:41 PM

CUV

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
The Wish is much sportier compare to the squarish Unser. But I am doubt UMW will bring it in now.

Likely after Thailand start producing it. If the price is close to Unser, the Wish may replace the Unser. I doubt anyone would buy the Unser for the same price of Wish.

Vios already launched in Spore. Likely chance the next one would be Wish.

Msia.... wait-lor!

ST Tee

Posted 22 January 2003 - 07:43 AM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
Correction :

If the Wish is priced the same as Unser, I'll still get the Unser. Heard too much about the cramped space in my brother's Stream.