Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra

• Please log in to reply

rachellwl

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:24 AM

rachellwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Can anyone advice whether the Toyota Corolla, Nissan Sentra or new Inokom Atos is better? Model is year 2000. TQ

1) What is the maintenance cost?
2) Auto or manual is better?
3) What are the common problems for these 2 models?

ST Tee

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:37 AM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
Halo there, good morning to you.

Question to you first.

1) there are actually 3 models that u mentioned, not 2 as per your question #3
2) Inokom Atos is totally, completely, undoubtedly differect category from the earlier two, what aspects do you wanna compare ?
3) What is your criteria ?

Cheers

Chris

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:15 AM

Chris

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
wow! uncle Tee ur fast hitting the send button!
I thought uncle Nigel will be faster...hehehe

yesh rachel Big Smile wat's ur ctiteria???

tnigel

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:34 AM

tnigel

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts
The name is rachel wat....of course Unker Tee faster lorTongue
BTW Chris, have you seen Kilo & my mug in the TOCM site ? I think I've got more grey hairs since we last met.....most probably due to your thoughtfully sent pics of your leg's progressDead

Chris

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:41 AM

Chris

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
yup yup..becoz of rachel, we brothers parted ways...hehehh Tongue

hey! i'm not directly to be blamed for the sudden sprouts of grey hair uncle nigel...but i guess it was pix well taken Big Smile

will check out the TOCM site...

JAL

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:41 AM

JAL

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts
corolla

ST Tee

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:45 AM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
JAL Big Smile

Haiya, now i miss my Corolla .... but i never missed Nissan bcoz I didn't have one at the 1st place Tongue

flee

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:47 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
rachel,

If I understand your Q`s correctly, you are probably considering whether to get used Corolla or Sentra 2000 models compared to a new Innokom Atos?

Generally speaking, I would go with a used Sentra 1.6 (N16) because it is a later design than the Corolla 1.6 SEG. But it is a very close contest because my family runs both a 1993 Corolla as well as a 2000 Sentra and I prefer the Corolla!

Manual gearboxes tend to be more reliable and economical for 1.6 litre engined cars. Now that petrol prices are being forced up by the government due to the withdrawal of subsidies, it is something worth thinking about. The N16 auto is rather lifeless with the auto gearbox but I have not really tested a Corolla auto - engine torque is not a strong point on the Sentra!

As for the Innokom Atos I cannot say much about it coz I have not tested one myself! But as Gurubesar Tee has said, the Atos is a different class of car altogether and you should factor that in when making your decision!

tnigel & chris!

Grey hair is something that is inevitable in life... But it seems like hsl`s (go figure what this is! Wink) suffer more than others!

tnigel

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:01 AM

tnigel

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts
Aiyoh, now another one branded me a hsl....how can?...mild as a de-fanged kitten lahBig Smile Grey hairs from work related stress mah.
As for the 'Rolla & Sentra debate, I think that the 'rolla would have a better build quality than the Sentra.

ST Tee

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:35 AM

ST Tee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts
Well, at least we have a couple of happy owners for the last 2 facelift of Corolla. Personally I don`t quite like the look of the new Sentra. The Corolla is more refined in both the look and engineering.

By the way, someone told me that there were quite some number of Inokom ATOZ stranded on road side when it was first launched. Something to be cautious about ??

flee/tnigel,

So those without white hairs are `gay`-ah ? Big Smile