Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Camry 2.0/2.4 Discussion

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts

Oh! Mouse repellent, no nest in the engine compartment I hope....

Micky78

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

Micky78

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
how frequent need to flush power steering and brake oil? lately i found my steering get heavier... didn't notice any Leak on the floor

vr2turbo

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts

how frequent need to flush power steering and brake oil? lately i found my steering get heavier... didn't notice any Leak on the floor

Brake fluid is hygroscopic which absorbs moisture from the air, so is best to flush every 2 years or so.

Power steering depends whether old or new school. New school some say flush every few years. I am old school and only touch it unless it is giving problem like leak or something wrong with the steering.

Since you having some problem check it out and see what the problem is.....

Micky78

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

Micky78

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
thanks for sharing....

vr2turbo

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts

you are welcome.....

jflee

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

jflee

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts

hi sifu,

wanna ask, recently when i sent my car for alignment, workshop told me need to install the camber nut on 4 wheels (all wheels off by around -1.4 degrees) is it necessary to install the camber nut? and normally how much? workshop quoted me rm50 per nut. driving year 2009 2.0g

vr2turbo

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts

hi sifu,

wanna ask, recently when i sent my car for alignment, workshop told me need to install the camber nut on 4 wheels (all wheels off by around -1.4 degrees) is it necessary to install the camber nut? and normally how much? workshop quoted me rm50 per nut. driving year 2009 2.0g

Hi Bro., Is this tyre shop your usual shop. Usually very unlikely all 4 wheels requires the camber nut. Try have second opinion with another shop and see if the readings are the same.

Back to your camber reading. -1.4 is slightly out only. Some even purposely set to -1.5 for better cornering but if you are normal driver set less than -1 is better.

Camber nut prices varies, good ones slightly more expensive. Is RM50 includes adjusting the camber back. Some charge for nut then will charge again for adjustment so better talk things over if not they will add this and that and you end up paying a fortune to get it done. As far as I remember it does not cost RM50 per piece.....

jflee

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:15 PM

jflee

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi Bro., Is this tyre shop your usual shop. Usually very unlikely all 4 wheels requires the camber nut. Try have second opinion with another shop and see if the readings are the same.

Back to your camber reading. -1.4 is slightly out only. Some even purposely set to -1.5 for better cornering but if you are normal driver set less than -1 is better.

Camber nut prices varies, good ones slightly more expensive. Is RM50 includes adjusting the camber back. Some charge for nut then will charge again for adjustment so better talk things over if not they will add this and that and you end up paying a fortune to get it done. As far as I remember it does not cost RM50 per piece.....

Thanks bro for the reply. nope this is not my usual shop. the usual workshop i go to is a conman, kena con few times d last time.

they quoted me rm50 include adjustment. any recommendation of workshop to go to for the adjustment? or any spare parts shop (around serdang or sri petaling area) got sell the nut which i can check the pricing first. i went to my usual spare parts shop, they don't sell.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts

Thanks bro for the reply. nope this is not my usual shop. the usual workshop i go to is a conman, kena con few times d last time.

they quoted me rm50 include adjustment. any recommendation of workshop to go to for the adjustment? or any spare parts shop (around serdang or sri petaling area) got sell the nut which i can check the pricing first. i went to my usual spare parts shop, they don't sell.

RM50 include adjust I think about that price. The nut sold from tyre shop is more costly as they make a cut too and is around RM25 to 30, adjustment is another RM25 to 30 if not mistaken. You can get them cheaper from spare part shop or I heard from hardware store too but I am not sure who/where selling.

Coming back to your camber reading, I still think you need second opinion first. One of my friend change tyres in shah alam because shop advertise cheap tyres, end up fitting camber screw and all that and actually paid much more in the end.

If you are in PJ, try Weng Tat in Subang Jaya, tell them vr2turbo recommend. If their reading also confirm camber is out then only fit the screw. So far only if excessive they only recommend the screw. Mine so far near to -1 he just adjust the alignment to counter only.

In fact last time on another car I got one side + camber and one side - camber so car was pulling to one side. He keep telling me within specs, the car running is due to the + and - on either side, so I insist on the camber screw to get the + to become -. After that ok dy.....hhahahhaha

jflee

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

jflee

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts

RM50 include adjust I think about that price. The nut sold from tyre shop is more costly as they make a cut too and is around RM25 to 30, adjustment is another RM25 to 30 if not mistaken. You can get them cheaper from spare part shop or I heard from hardware store too but I am not sure who/where selling.

Coming back to your camber reading, I still think you need second opinion first. One of my friend change tyres in shah alam because shop advertise cheap tyres, end up fitting camber screw and all that and actually paid much more in the end.

If you are in PJ, try Weng Tat in Subang Jaya, tell them vr2turbo recommend. If their reading also confirm camber is out then only fit the screw. So far only if excessive they only recommend the screw. Mine so far near to -1 he just adjust the alignment to counter only.

In fact last time on another car I got one side + camber and one side - camber so car was pulling to one side. He keep telling me within specs, the car running is due to the + and - on either side, so I insist on the camber screw to get the + to become -. After that ok dy.....hhahahhaha

ok, thanks bro, i will check out that workshop this weekend