Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

GRANDIS 2007?????/How to comfirm year made?

• Please log in to reply

pelpel

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

pelpel

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I went to one of the showroom last week and the sales guy told me its
2008 car but the tyre marking and the label in the seat belt dated
2007.So is the car year make is 2007 or 2008??can someone clarify on this?
The salesman told me the car was sold.TQ

ccmeng75

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

ccmeng75

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
U can check on the car reg.cert...

GURJIT

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
I am wondering what's the difference between the Grandis sold my authorised Mitsubishi dealers and the 2004 unregistered vehicles brought in by the used car dealers...are they the same? Do they have the same level of comforts? Warranty on the authorised Grandis is 5 years...dunno about the 2004 unregistered Jap imported Grandis

Any comments?

MyBoy

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

MyBoy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
QUOTE (GURJIT @ Jan 14 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am wondering what's the difference between the Grandis sold my authorised Mitsubishi dealers and the 2004 unregistered vehicles brought in by the used car dealers...are they the same? Do they have the same level of comforts? Warranty on the authorised Grandis is 5 years...dunno about the 2004 unregistered Jap imported Grandis

Any comments?

As far as I know, that is a recond car.

karim

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

karim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
Normally for Japanese car, if they are using spark plug cables, then you can find the year made on it...if it's the original spark plug cables. but nowdays hard to find the cables...
You can check the "white" cloth on the seat belt. Some sort of tag on the seat belt.
If not then the VIN number must be the one to look for.

DC18

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
now that grandis is selling at 160k why go for recond

better year make and warranty

jayraptor

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (karim @ Aug 19 2009, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Normally for Japanese car, if they are using spark plug cables, then you can find the year made on it...if it's the original spark plug cables. but nowdays hard to find the cables...
You can check the "white" cloth on the seat belt. Some sort of tag on the seat belt.
If not then the VIN number must be the one to look for.

Hi Karim!!

Most Japanese cars today have gone distributorless. There is no longer HT cable linked to sparkplugs on top of the engine. The sparkplugs are hidden inside below the intake manifold with replacement interval of 100,000km. No more replace ownself like older cars. Only way is to check the year make on JPJ registration card.

karim

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

karim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
ya la bro...nowdays no mo distributor and plug cables...
but, can check on the seat belt tag...sure got year made.
my car got the year made.

alxand

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

alxand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
07 08 09...
can be traced thru the AP of vehicle, date on tire, seatbelt n plactic mould will tell u also, but u might confused if the vehicle was made beginning of the year they might use part made in dec of previous year, for example, car made in jan, year make in AP 2009 but u c tire or plactic part like those on dashboard, there a make time behind it, it might show 2008.
so if u buy a car told 2009 but later AP show 2008, just scew them upside down smile.gif

regards

alxand_mitsubishi@yahoo.com
ss2,Pj

karim

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

karim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
yes...
you're absolutely right Mr Alxand Lee...