Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

VW Cars Sdn Bhd

• Please log in to reply

Tourist

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
Write a letter to Germany HQ. Firstly tell them why you like about VW and
hence buying a VW. Then proceed to tell them the problem. Conclude by
telling them you still have absolute confidence that VW will do the right
thing. Typical 'sandwich' complaint letter.

firdausasri

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
I knew a friend who was so fed up with VW Cars, did sent mail to Germany HQ
only being bounced back to Malaysia rep. Unless you know the key people in
there, their after-sales seems lots to be desired.

Although my car problem is fixed (and keep coming back), I don't think I'm
continuing with this brand unless the main franchise being taken over by
someone else.

Oh, just to let you know, the warranty covers only parts, not labour.

Tourist

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
Part luck and part on how you wrote the letter.

I have send letter to manufacturer overseas and gotten my satisfaction. A
brand new engine. Of course, they will have to keep their Malaysian rep in
the picture as well. Write to the top man, forget about the managers etc.

firdausasri

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
True to what you said but if having to go through top people, it gives you
one thing, their after sales service are not functioning.

TheGunner

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Reading at the replies of this thread, i'd say that if one day VW
operations in Malaysia collapse, they only have themselves to blame.

They are armed with a set of fantastic products, but absolutely
squandered them with low level service. It reminds me how many enthusiast
brands here have been shortchanged by their distributors over the years.

dyno500

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

dyno500

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Well anyway, this is just to share my experience. Consumers, being educated, they would definitely do their homework and survey extensively before making their next vehicle purchase. I remember reading somewhere in one forum, an informal survey was conducted and VW Cars emerged to be the lowest, with Veemer Motor and Euromobil having higher satisfaction scores.

firdausasri

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
QUOTE (dyno500 @ Jan 1 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now let me add my bad experience with VW Cars.

On 30th December 2008, VW Cars organised a Christmas and New Year party. I very recently purchased my car from them. Just to make a very long story short, I wont go much into the details that took place during that night. My car was very brand new and VW Cars staff were waiting along the road 'assisting' customers, to park their cars. The VW Car Staff took the keys to my car and he went to park it somewhere. I didn't stay long for the party as the road was to be closed at 9PM during that day. When I was done, I handed over the parking vallet number ticket to the VW Cars staff. I waited a rather long time for my car. I was suprised. It was drizzling that night. After waiting for sometime, another VW Cars staff came to me and mentioned that the delay was due to the queue at the autoparking. After waiting for almost 30 minutes, my car finally arrive and the VW Cars staff handed over the key to me and I drove back home. Since it rained during that night, I decided to wipe my car clean. To my horror, I noticed that the front bumper of my car was badly damaged., the headlight dislocated, the fog lamp grills badly damaged and my ABT sportkit ( I payed a hefty sum for it) was severely damaged. I noticed the broken peices were sticked together with tape. There were scratches at the back bumper as well. I immediately rushed back to VW Cars and what happened there, that's another long story.

The point is:-
Why did the VW Staff personnel quietly handed over the keys to my car without mentioning a word about the damage?
What ethics and culture does the company practise by not even apologising to me?

What made me really mad was that they could stick the bits and pieces of the broken bumper using tape and quietly give me the keys withouh mentioning a word about it. When I arrived there, the VW Cars staff did not have the courtesy to even apologise. The following day, when I called the manager's handphone, he did not pick up the phone. I tried numerous times.

Well anyway, this is just to share my experience. Consumers, being educated, they would definitely do their homework and survey extensively before making their next vehicle purchase. I remember reading somewhere in one forum, an informal survey was conducted and VW Cars emerged to be the lowest, with Veemer Motor and Euromobil having higher satisfaction scores.

Sorry to hear this. Such act shouldn't be left out in the cold. Frankly, I'm not surprised.
"Turbo lag is giving a head start for NA. Let them make the first move ...."
-Sidious
http://poconggti.blogspot.com

TheGunner

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
I am astonished that in the age of the Internet, companies actually believe they can get away with unprofessional level of services. Who are they trying to kid?
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

whcheng

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

whcheng

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I was think of getting the golf gti....now i'm reconsidering after reading you post. By the way, any other bad experience with their after sales services? service centre?

rahmanwang

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

rahmanwang

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (whcheng @ Jan 2 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was think of getting the golf gti....now i'm reconsidering after reading you post. By the way, any other bad experience with their after sales services? service centre?

whcheng,
Don't worry, go ahead and book the gti that you are longing for.If economic turmoil does not worry you!
There is another service center @ Jalan Sungei Besi.
I sent my car to VW Cars before once and that was the last time.
Love the car.A real pocket rocket.
Cheers.
rahmanwang