Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Modenas Elegan experience

• Please log in to reply

Balee

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
My Elegan is about 2.5 years old with 42k km mileage. For all those years and distance, the only major parts I’ve change so far was the CVT belt and its rollers which I did when the mileage was 30k km. Apart from that, everything is stock even the battery.

Oh ya, the meter was changed under warranty when it konked out within a month of ownership.

Apart from the usual lube service – which I do every 4000km - this bike is almost maintenance free. A very good value indeed (this praise goes to the original designer/manufacturer in Taiwan, nothing to do with Modenas).

NA101

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

NA101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (nextar @ Oct 28 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have changed to NAZA GTR rear absorber -not too soft or hard. With pillion also still ok.

How much is it, what brand....currently using monza for my elley ok not to hard racing boy abs is for yamaha ego type many of my friend using it n they enjoy it esp during cornering, btw d way im from penang island too...

rallychamp

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (nextar @ Oct 28 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have changed to NAZA GTR rear absorber -not too soft or hard. With pillion also still ok.

i wonder how gtr's shockers unit would last on other scooters...

because on stock gtr it would last around 1year before started to fail/leak (on the right side first-near the exhaust) smile_shy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

nextar

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

nextar

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Oct 28 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Elegan is about 2.5 years old with 42k km mileage. For all those years and distance, the only major parts I’ve change so far was the CVT belt and its rollers which I did when the mileage was 30k km. Apart from that, everything is stock even the battery.

Oh ya, the meter was changed under warranty when it konked out within a month of ownership.

Apart from the usual lube service – which I do every 4000km - this bike is almost maintenance free. A very good value indeed (this praise goes to the original designer/manufacturer in Taiwan, nothing to do with Modenas).

Unless you bought sym joyride, it has everything to do with Modenas . Who do you blame if the quality is otherwise? - Modenas right. sterb324.gif Thanks modenas for giving us Elegan.

bananakia

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

bananakia

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (nextar @ Oct 29 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you bought sym joyride, it has everything to do with Modenas . Who do you blame if the quality is otherwise? - Modenas right. sterb324.gif Thanks modenas for giving us Elegan.

Modenas would sell many more Elegans if they change the color scheme.
The back looks too big... I made my elegan's back look much smaller by blacking the lower back panels.

Attached Thumbnails

• 091010f.jpg
  • 091010f.jpg

nextar

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

nextar

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
That seats is just what I like it to be, a higher front. smile_thumbup.gif

NA101

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

NA101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (bananakia @ Oct 29 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Modenas would sell many more Elegans if they change the color scheme.
The back looks too big... I made my elegan's back look much smaller by blacking the lower back panels.

Hi, maybe you could to rebuild it fibre perhaps...

Balee

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
Ever being thankful eh?! A good trait indeed from a model citizen dreamed of by any nation. Life is too short to be grumpy so why not just gratefully lap up all the crumbs thrown at us isn’t it?

I bet you thank Proton too for its assortment of cars at such ‘affordable’ price yes? Besides isn’t it too once assembled rebadged Mits model (not unlike Modenas)? So if the bumper didn’t fall off, the power window works as it should and the spare wheel well doesn’t look like a freshwater pond, we owe Proton a world to say thank you for bringing us the wonderful Wira huh?!

Everything to do with Modenas. Yeah righhhttt…

QUOTE (nextar @ Oct 29 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NA101

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

NA101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Nov 2 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever being thankful eh?! A good trait indeed from a model citizen dreamed of by any nation. Life is too short to be grumpy so why not just gratefully lap up all the crumbs thrown at us isn’t it?

I bet you thank Proton too for its assortment of cars at such ‘affordable’ price yes? Besides isn’t it too once assembled rebadged Mits model (not unlike Modenas)? So if the bumper didn’t fall off, the power window works as it should and the spare wheel well doesn’t look like a freshwater pond, we owe Proton a world to say thank you for bringing us the wonderful Wira huh?!

Everything to do with Modenas. Yeah righhhttt…

Modenas bring in the Sym Joyride and Mforce bring in Gts and u see this 2 models is using opss sharing the same cvt, same carburetor except engine block and electrical system but in fact gts 200 is not 200cc but using P180 which is 172cc....yeah thank you also to Mforce.....but as modenas elegan riders with knowing sym badge for its realiability and quality modenas is rebadge the scoot not like proton or even Mforce.....but lack of other accessories like head lamp....

ramdzans

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

ramdzans

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
c'mon now guys...

this p1,p2 vs mitsu,daihatsu and modenas vs kawa/sym and so on, and so forth... (naza/kia/peugot?)...will NEVER gonna end...

let's move on with other more interesting talks about our iron horses, shall we?