Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rear disc break

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kiddy @ Sep 20 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so if the pedal position goes lower means the system got bubbles???..but then how come somtimes i press slight can feel the braking d....sometimes press lower on can get the braking......erm bleed before d....but i think this problem comes after bleeding the brakes........ smile_blackeye.gif

Does the problem happen at random or at certain condition or driving style?
Also check your piston to make sure none of it is jam.
Jack the vehicle up and rotate each wheel see if they rotate freely.
Overheating pad can cause brake fade.

If it happen after bleeding then my guess is the bleeding was not done properly or the brake hose is already kembang.
However if the brake hose is worn out, it should happen all the time.

Tyres oso plays a huge part during braking.
Cheap tyres wont stop as quick as premium tyres.
The difference is huge.

kiddy

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

kiddy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 20 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the problem happen at random or at certain condition or driving style?
Also check your piston to make sure none of it is jam.
Jack the vehicle up and rotate each wheel see if they rotate freely.
Overheating pad can cause brake fade.

If it happen after bleeding then my guess is the bleeding was not done properly or the brake hose is already kembang.
However if the brake hose is worn out, it should happen all the time.

Tyres oso plays a huge part during braking.
Cheap tyres wont stop as quick as premium tyres.
The difference is huge.

it happen whenever the brake feels like.....all can rotate wheel smoothly, i even did pull the handbrake to see any problem with the drum brakes, its ok....no problem..everything works normally....front disc brakes wear out equally....and using michelin pp2 tires all four tires......the problem is just happen randomly....the brake level sometimes needed to be press further in order to stop...or somtimes, i press 30% can feel the braking d.....so no idea....the brake system is fine....so could be bubbles in the system???.....cause ystdy i open the brake reservoir, i saw 1 tiny bubble....hmmmmm

isitoblack

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

isitoblack

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (nhisham @ Sep 13 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, care to share where u bought d brake shoe?
TQ

Sorry, quite long did not log in here. I chanced the FBK brake shoe in Bukit Mertajam "Big Way Car Service" (available in MFM maps's POI) I think it is common parts in any spare parts shop.

Latest progress: I am still not satisfy with the current brake performance. This time, I plan to mod/upgrade the break pump to the more powerful one. Any sifu can advise on this?