Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Persona Brakes Problem

• Please log in to reply

gerald3874

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

gerald3874

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 22 2011, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes most performance pads are like this..

i am using ferodo pads. its the same. screeching sound when cold after that superb braking. can tailgate if you want. hehehe. but i don't.

the ori pads display in my house. such superbly loucy pads. almost crashed the car on the first day. damn P1!

i wonder if datuk zainal ever reads this forum?

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (gerald3874 @ Apr 22 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am using ferodo pads. its the same. screeching sound when cold after that superb braking. can tailgate if you want. hehehe. but i don't.

the ori pads display in my house. such superbly loucy pads. almost crashed the car on the first day. damn P1!

i wonder if datuk zainal ever reads this forum?

1st day, the brakes are not worn in yet.
Have to be a little careful. After that, the OE still lousy but not as bad as 1st few hundred km.

chrislyv

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
anyway to those still using ori pads, pls disposed them asap. they r disc destroyers... mine kena liao & i've notice many persona on the road with bad disc conditions.. all looks badly scratched..

nofear1979

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 23 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyway to those still using ori pads, pls disposed them asap. they r disc destroyers... mine kena liao & i've notice many persona on the road with bad disc conditions.. all looks badly scratched..

dust, sands, little stones stuck witihin the pads and disc....

clean the disc/brake with water spraying (after the brake cool down).... then it will get back in shape after a whille...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

moors

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 23 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Proton SC skim the rotor disc during 1K km service. It does solve the lateral run-out, vibration issues and brake noises.

chrislyv

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Apr 26 2011, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Proton SC skim the rotor disc during 1K km service. It does solve the lateral run-out, vibration issues and brake noises.

imagine disc needs to be skimmed at 1k km.. my other car's disc do not hav to b skimmed although its been several years on the road..

moors

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 26 2011, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imagine disc needs to be skimmed at 1k km.. my other car's disc do not hav to b skimmed although its been several years on the road..

There's no harm skimming.. now my car discs not only brake better but also look better than my neighbour's new car with rusty discs.

jeffriclim

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

jeffriclim

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Apr 26 2011, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no harm skimming.. now my car discs not only brake better but also look better than my neighbour's new car with rusty discs.

My changed my brake pad after the brake pad pin hit to the disc and it produce sound. But it produce sound when it is hot. I wonder why? Means sound appear for few second after i released brake pedal while car moving. I notice my disc rotor uneven. Is it safe to skimming on it? Will it solve the problem after I skimming it? My car mileage is 60,000km

slushmatic

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (chrislyv @ Apr 26 2011, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting to read that many SC there feel the need to skim brake discs at 1,000 Km. Not had issues of scored discs
or strange brake noises on my Persona auto, which has now done 16,000 miles, (25,000 Km)

It did once get a stone caught between a disc and the watersplash sheild which became noisy on tight turns, but the
stone was removed easily enough and no problem since.
The original (Bosch) pads look just over half worn and seem to perform OK, but I've not had any other type of pad to
compare to on this car of course.

Owners of recent GEN-2's on forum here don't report any brake issues and also note the pads seem to last a long time.
Maybe export cars use different compound of pads? Some SC here admit that replacement P1 pads are not as good as
the originals fitted at the factory. As the P1 pads are not a very good price here, I shall probably fit Mintex pads when
replacement is needed. It will be interesting to see what difference they make.
'Do average things - get average results'

jeffriclim

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

jeffriclim

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (slushmatic @ May 12 2011, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting to read that many SC there feel the need to skim brake discs at 1,000 Km. Not had issues of scored discs
or strange brake noises on my Persona auto, which has now done 16,000 miles, (25,000 Km)

It did once get a stone caught between a disc and the watersplash sheild which became noisy on tight turns, but the
stone was removed easily enough and no problem since.
The original (Bosch) pads look just over half worn and seem to perform OK, but I've not had any other type of pad to
compare to on this car of course.

Owners of recent GEN-2's on forum here don't report any brake issues and also note the pads seem to last a long time.
Maybe export cars use different compound of pads? Some SC here admit that replacement P1 pads are not as good as
the originals fitted at the factory. As the P1 pads are not a very good price here, I shall probably fit Mintex pads when
replacement is needed. It will be interesting to see what difference they make.

Hi, Is it safe to skim my disc brake if uneven and noisy? I wonder should i change the disc or skim. What is yr recommendation? Tq