Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Persona Brakes Problem

• Please log in to reply

davidfts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

davidfts

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

I also facing that problem too. However, I did change the brake pad and the disk rotator. but the sound still occur. The funny thing is when i step on the brake it quite. When i release my brake paddle it start again.

Any1 know why

irony

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
If you hear screeching sound when brake is not applied, it could be the brake caliper is misaligned, thus causing the pads to touch the rotor. get it fixed or else no point changing pads and rotors.

But if you hear metal knocking noise while turning, it could be the 'Orifice Valve' or 'Valve Orifice' (can't remember).. mention this on your next visit to the SC.

davidfts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

davidfts

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (irony @ Mar 17 2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you hear screeching sound when brake is not applied, it could be the brake caliper is misaligned, thus causing the pads to touch the rotor. get it fixed or else no point changing pads and rotors.

But if you hear metal knocking noise while turning, it could be the 'Orifice Valve' or 'Valve Orifice' (can't remember).. mention this on your next visit to the SC.

Normally how much is the caliper?

chrislyv

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
hi, i also noticed tht persona ori brake pads "bosch" are not disc friendly.. noticed many are badly scratched by the pads.. even mine too...

irony

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
davidfts,

no need to change the caliper.. just service.

chrislyv,

i do have a feeling that the original brake pads are not bosch.. it is Mintye (sucks and dusty).. only the brake pad cover is from bosch, but the pad itself is mintye.. coz i always change my pads outside, using Bosch (blue box).. hardly any dust at all! smile_tongue.gif

chrislyv

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
wow cover is bosch & inside mintye? tht's something new 2 me..
anyway i've disposed the front & rear ORI pads although it's still very thick!
already damaged my front "have to skim it" & luckily rear still ok..

beemc

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Before i replace my brake pads, i always thought that the stock brake pads are from Mintye... but when i go to replace my pads 2 weeks ago, i realize that the stock pads are from Bosch... this gv me a shock... how can a Bosch pads feel so spongy and do not bite AT ALL... Now i'm using RapidStop 550c brake pad... i would say it bite way better than the stock 'Bosch' pad... smile_big.gif

chrislyv

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
QUOTE (beemc @ Apr 15 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before i replace my brake pads, i always thought that the stock brake pads are from Mintye... but when i go to replace my pads 2 weeks ago, i realize that the stock pads are from Bosch... this gv me a shock... how can a Bosch pads feel so spongy and do not bite AT ALL... Now i'm using RapidStop 550c brake pad... i would say it bite way better than the stock 'Bosch' pad... smile_big.gif

am using vetto.. 600c.. vry good but noisy when it's cold..
no problem speeding down from genting which i normally do...

beemc

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
i'm facing the metal-rubbing-with-metal sound with this 550c sometime... izzit because the pad is still cold? normal sound for performance pads under cold condition?

chrislyv

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

chrislyv

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
QUOTE (beemc @ Apr 21 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm facing the metal-rubbing-with-metal sound with this 550c sometime... izzit because the pad is still cold? normal sound for performance pads under cold condition?

yes most performance pads are like this..