Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Price for a Wira fuel pump anyone?

• Please log in to reply

jigc

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

jigc

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

hi guys,

i noticed a sharp drop of fuel pressure when i off the engine.

this didnt happen before.

do u think it is related with fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator??

regards

i swapped in a fuel pressure regulator, the drop is remain the same.
it is almost certain that the check valve in the fuel pump is stuck open.

if the the check valve is leaking, fuel return to the fuel tank after engine is stopped and gas will build up in the fuel line. this makes cranking difficult.

a remedy to be slot in a check valve just after the fuel pump.

does any one know the inner size of the hose which connect to the fuel pump?

大马地丰灵盛,何为落人后尘?
wira: as stock as possible...

my mech is here!!

hifi

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

hifi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
i have the same problem too.

for the past few months, i have always have to start the car several times in the morning. i thought its the throttle body but too lazy to send for checking. But just yesterday i start hearing humming noise from inside the car. i thought there's a turbo car with huge exhaust behind my car but there was no other car around. since the car still moving, so i just ignore. but this morning, try to start the car it couldnt start.

call AAM to tow. but he just open the back seat, and gave a hard knock few times, then only the car can start.. amazing technique... he said the pump is nearly die.

i drove to proton service centre. they gave me 2 options to replace fuel pump: original wira RM480, local RM180, with labor RM60. due to economic downturn, i have to take the local made, but i'm not at peace for how long it will last.

justdoit was right. the first symptom is you have to restart the car several times in the morning. when its critical, it will start producing humming noise. and when it broke, you are unable to start the car even though there's ignition sound.

oh.. btw, it seems my wira fuel pump can last for 8 years.

limking

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
My 2 cents worth ! Try to keep your fuel tank not less than 1/2 tank of fuel filled up at all times, if possible 3/4 or more the best .That way you reduce the chances of a rusty fuel tank and also a faulty fuel pump as well .Fuel pump no needed to stress out too much then its' life span last more longer. smile_tongue.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

logaglobal

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

logaglobal

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (phileos @ Mar 10 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Folks,
I have a 2 yr old 1.5 Wira manual. Does anyone know how much it costs to
replace fuel pump? I just changed it yesterday, mechanic charged me rm210
just for the pump. Is that reasonable? Comments anyone.

Thanks guys!!

Hi, I am driving wira Auto plus NGV. 1.5 2004 model. Recently i have the same problem and change the fuel pump which cost me RM160.00 in Batu Caves.

davidlow7

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (logaglobal @ Jan 21 2014, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I am driving wira Auto plus NGV. 1.5 2004 model. Recently i have the same problem and change the fuel pump which cost me RM160.00 in Batu Caves.

The price is fair including workmanship..

Some places charge RM200+

Try to get a reputable brand like Bosch.. also costs around RM150+.. and pay mechanic the extra to install it.. It is much better