Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Is National Car really

• Please log in to reply

ascorman

Posted 22 July 2000 - 04:45 AM

ascorman

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
I am driving a wira and it has very low mileage about 13k only.So far the engine is not giving me probs.My power windows still work (i wind them up and down often), my radio, the volume can be increased but not decreased.. i`m just plain unlucky.
Other than that, everything`s fine.
To find out more about the common faults of a proton car, go and explore the proton waja forum area.

Chips

Posted 22 July 2000 - 09:42 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
You have a point there. Statistically, more Protons will be stolen and more complaints will be heard since they are the largst number in use. Why, even when an aeroplane fell from the sky, it landed on top of a Proton (that air crash many years back near Subang airport).

Chips

Posted 22 July 2000 - 09:44 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
You have a point there. With the most numbers in use, it is obvious that Protons will seem to have the most accidents and the most stolen and seem to have the most complaints.

Why, even when a plane fell from the sky, it landed on top of a Proton (there was an accident some years ago near Subang airport).

Chips

Posted 22 July 2000 - 09:47 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
You have a point there. With the most numbers in use, it is obvious that Protons will seem to have the most accidents and the most stolen and seem to have the most complaints.

Why, even when a plane fell from the sky, it landed on top of a Proton (there was an accident some years ago near Subang airport).

Chips

Posted 22 July 2000 - 09:48 AM

Chips

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts

Vocal

Posted 23 July 2000 - 11:48 PM

Vocal

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
Personally, I don`t think Proton is all bad.

It`s just that they are not fixing the bad stuff deligently and prevent them from re-occuring.

They short change customers sometimes because they are allowed to do so. They don`t feel threatened when local customers complain because its a captive market. What car can Malaysians choose other than Proton?

If they can skimp on QC checks on local car, they`ll spend less and they`ll earn more. If Mitsubishi can make its car reliable, there`s no reason why Proton can`t make a "Mitsubishi" reliable too.

Vocal

Posted 23 July 2000 - 11:49 PM

Vocal

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
Personally, I don`t think Proton is all bad.

It`s just that they are not fixing the bad stuff deligently and prevent them from re-occuring.

They short change customers sometimes because they are allowed to do so. They don`t feel threatened when local customers complain because its a captive market. What car can Malaysians choose other than Proton?

If they can skimp on QC checks on local car, they`ll spend less and they`ll earn more. If Mitsubishi can make its car reliable, there`s no reason why Proton can`t make a "Mitsubishi" reliable too.

Drago P5000

Posted 24 July 2000 - 03:24 AM

Drago P5000

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
All auto production surely faced installation & quality problems.
Again is the matter of ration.

3% of 1`000`000 based will tell U it is bigger if Vs those with lower volume.

The only problem is professional staffs training in handling compalint.
Try call City bank or Amex Vs Maybank and U will get the answer.

If a proper customer complaint center & hotline were to set up orderly
I think the problems will tapple down very much lower than it is now.

The problem is every one , inclusing the service centre people will tell U
oh1 Proton...is like that lah.

Whose fault! M`sian consumer behavior and attitude that allowed all
the nonsense to continue and continue.

FYI

Posted 26 July 2000 - 06:52 AM

FYI

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
This is the beauty of the Internet ... the ability to share info.
Before, if your power window fails, you think you are the only one ... plus the occasional fellow who opens his door at the toll plaza. Even then, you may not know for sure why he does it instead of winding window down.
Now, you know. You are not alone.
Likewise, Kembara`s rear brake problem.
If we had a strong consumerist policy and car firms had to recall defective products like in US, we may know just how good or bad Proton/Perodua QC really is.
But we don`t.

Pete

Posted 26 July 2000 - 06:59 AM

Pete

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
Not really. It is actually the national car have a high percentage of faults. If the number of users is less , the percentage will increase !!

I personally own a Proton Iswara. The car is fine if you treat it like a princess. (No racing style of driving , keep it under the shade , change engine oil frequently etc)

However , after 5 years it starts to gives problems eventhough you takes good care of it.