Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Calling all Wira 1.6 owners!!

• Please log in to reply

kat97

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:50 AM

kat97

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
Hmm.. u guys change the cat con, muffler and air-filter. Did u guys do a mut on the car after that?
My mec asked me to drop the cat con and go back to him for mut tuning. I didn`t do it becoz dunno which shop can trust. Dun wan to have leaky exhaust... that time real no power. So u guys did the mut tuning?

stevecwl

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:57 AM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
baldwin,

Ha..ha...ha...why so desperate to get a Putra muffler? Kasihan betul!! Actually I m quite lucky bcoz I only search 3 exhaust workshop and manage to find one. The price is also cheap...RM 160 only. Others claimed the price fetch until RM 250 to RM 300. The original at EON cost around RM 650...crazy blood ######!! I found the muffler in Kepong. Many Putra owner seems to take back the OEM after they changed to sport type muffler.

Say what u want, I do find increased of performance...only after I remove the bullet type PERRY mid box and replace it with 2 HotBits mid box. Well, I will try to ask around for the Putra muffler and if manage to find one, I will post it here, ok? Anyway, I will also suggest u look for the 1.8 Wira muffler bcoz this one need no modification. The Putra one is slightly shorter than our car and I need to ask the mechanic to re-weld the tip with a pipe to make it longer. If u didn`t do this, then the twin tip will looks like it is hiding inside the bumper.

stevecwl

Posted 05 February 2002 - 01:05 AM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
navin,

I donno how to explain it to u but I oredi spayed my car twice. Once kena hentam from the back, the second time is when I installed skirting. The boss mentioned to me he will take out the petrol cover...then find the right colour combination nearest to our original TCE colour and the mix it. If the job is a small job, he will just buy a small tin of the original paint which is slightly expensive. If still cannot understand, then u hv to ask them loh.....I pun lagak pandai saja....:)

stevecwl

Posted 05 February 2002 - 01:19 AM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
kat97,

I did the MUT after I replaced the K&N filter bcoz the car lost it oommph....but not when I changed the muffler and the mid section since the car is breathing nicely and feels smoother. Correct me if I m wrong, MUT only available at EON Servis coz this thing cost around RM20,000-00, so they r the one u can trust if u want to do tuning. If u ask me, if our car is running smooth, no need to waste RM60 for the tuning.

stevecwl

Posted 05 February 2002 - 01:28 AM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
0 to 100kmh sprint test........never done it before bcoz donno how clocked it when I m alone. If I m with my darling.....sure telinga kena pull coz drive like a maniac. Why not one day we all come out for a teh tarik session and do some sprint test? Make sure we find a place where it did not endangered other car users...yalah...people also got pay road tax punya mah...

Apart from navin, who else is using TCE? Quite nice yunno as this is a limited edition.....whenever there is one TCE passed by, sure I observed punya altho the colour sucks.

leakwoon

Posted 05 February 2002 - 08:09 AM

leakwoon

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts
WAt is TCE .......?????

Yes....MUT tuning onli can be done in EON ..

i did my one last month and cost me RM45!!! :)

HonourableOne

Posted 05 February 2002 - 11:50 AM

HonourableOne

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
stevevwl...thanks :)
I better...i smile if male drivers driving TCE and if female drivers i wave at them also. hehehehheheh....they must think i`m some maniac or something :)

TCE - thomas cup edition.

Yes...when mamak session?

regards,
Navin.

baldwin

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:03 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
czero,
what do u mean by semi-racing gearbox...?
from mitsubishi which model ?......what are the mods that u`ve done to ur point siX ?...9 seconds is sure fast..Smile

baldwin

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:09 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
stevecwl,

can u provide me the address and contact number for the exhaust shop in Kepong?..coz am from Seremban..or maybe some directions might help too!..Big Smile
any definite power increase...?

bumblebee

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:57 PM

bumblebee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
czero,
Actually 2" for a 1600cc is kinda big because usually 1800cc uses a 2" pipping. If you are going to put a 2" pipping on a 1600cc engine, you are gonna lose out on top speed.

Wah .. below 10 seconds .. thats good man !! somemore on automatic .. sigh, if only my car could do below 10 seconds .. that would be good :)

Regards,
Bumble Bee