Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Calling all Wira 1.6 owners!!

• Please log in to reply

stevecwl

Posted 03 February 2002 - 11:53 PM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
Bumblebee,

A Putra extractor...quite a good idea. Might be thinking of doing that one day. Must keep finding more info b4 doing so. Anyway, currently I m using a Putra muffler and 2 Hot Bits mid section for a easier breathing....so I could say it is more powerful Approve

Will be doing a second stage modification soon.......

stevecwl

Posted 04 February 2002 - 12:02 AM

stevecwl

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
H.One,

Ur car is TCE? If not, I wonder why u want to paint ur car this colour....honestly, this blue colour sucks. Will tell u tomorrow after I look into the colour code. Anyway, if ur car is TCE, the worsyop will take out ur petrol cover, extract the colour combination and then mix the paint fort the right colour combination. I oredi took out the rear spoiler and installed side and rear skirting for my TCE. Looks lowered.

baldwin

Posted 04 February 2002 - 12:31 AM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
stevecwl........

soooooo glad u came along into this forum....coz i`ve been looking high and low for the putra muffler....where did u manage to find it.....and how much does it cost ? any performance increase ?..

i`ve asked around in the exhaust shops, but they dont seem to have it. Heard that the putra muffler is less restrictive than our ori ones
Pls comment on this! Smile

baldwin

Posted 04 February 2002 - 12:45 AM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
anyOne tried doing a 0-100kmh sprint on their 1.6 ??
soundz interesting ??...
well, let it all out here...mine with 15" and 4-2-1 extractor could do a lousy 12 seconds....

how bout all ot u 4G92`s out there..pls share Smile

kat97

Posted 04 February 2002 - 01:18 AM

kat97

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
Wah good ar.. finally can be like wajarians ar...got club and so on. But can get visit to proton factory or not... get group discount when do things up... like acoustic shield.

Eh... hehehe installed acoustic shield already. I wan to say it is good... but har...hehehe... i dunnolar. Maybe feels good oni kua.

Anyway...u ppl mentioned changing gearbox... u mean the whole torque converter? My mec says the new torque converter is approx rm3k but did not ask whether with installation or not. However, repairing it depends on the torque converter. If heavy damage rm1000-1500. Most of the time is that range ler. They take it out and replace or repair whatever is rosak. My mec do so many in a month. Everytime i`m there sure got wiralar perdanalar...wah his workshop got at least 4-5 torque converter dismantled liao. Damn teruk case man like this. Surely one day my autobox will go one. This is soooo predictableler. A pakcik once change the autobox at 200k km. What mileage did u guys change the TC?

czero

Posted 04 February 2002 - 02:22 AM

czero

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
Mr. E, a 2` piping is not "too big" for your normal 1600cc car unless you only drive around 2k-3k rpm everytime. If you rev your car past 4krpm quite constantly the 2` does come into effect.

baldwin, tried my 1.6 0-100 before. only changed k&n air filter, muffler, turbo jet, re-con gearbox & with everything else remaining standard it took me just around 10 secs, maybe a lil less cos i timed the run 3 times and all 3 runs clocked 9.7+ with the best run 9.74secs. Of course, this is timed by my friends thumb on a chronometer so there might be a lil mistake in the time. Also, there was no wheelspeen as i only left the gear on `D` and floored the accelerator.

HonourableOne

Posted 04 February 2002 - 11:40 AM

HonourableOne

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
yes, my car is TCE. How? they take the petrol cover to extract the colour combination? how the hell? i`m lost here.

Regards,
Navin.

baldwin

Posted 04 February 2002 - 11:07 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
czero.....

wow....only 10 secs...??...how old`s ur car??....what size of wheels are u using?....mine 12seconds considered very slow lor like dat ....Frown

baldwin

Posted 04 February 2002 - 11:20 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
stevecwL..!!!

pls share some info on where to get those 1.8 mufflers that u are using....and how much does it cost ?..coz i`ve been looking high and low for it...

thanX

czero

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:11 AM

czero

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
hi baldwin, i using standard 14` rims mar my car 96` model. but i tuka the gearbox to semi-racing gearbox since my old one pecah. spent 3k++ on mods already.