Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Calling all Wira 1.6 owners!!

• Please log in to reply

adam2307

Posted 30 January 2002 - 09:06 AM

adam2307

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi all,anybody knows a gear oil brand named FUCHS?is it a good gear oil?Usually how many litre of gear oil every time we change?Is it 4 litre?I`ve heard from a friend that if u using some special machine you`ll need about 8 litre of gear oil since the machine sucks all the oil inside the gear box..is this true??For me normally just 4++ litre..what do u guys think?

bulldog

Posted 30 January 2002 - 09:18 AM

bulldog

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
good morning everybody...

for me... everytime i will bring along a 4l Mobile1 to service centre, and they will return me the bottle with a little bit of engine oil inside it....

8 litre of engine? then it will cost a bomb if using fully synthetic (~RM300)

If I would like to change to 195/55R15.. .do i have to go adjust my sppedometer?? and where should i go?

anybody change their suspension.absorber b4? any brand to go? Smile

leakwoon

Posted 30 January 2002 - 10:27 AM

leakwoon

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts
i think 195/55R15 is nice... just nice

any body try b4 the "clone" air filter?? cosr RM12...any differences?? with original one???

wat engine oil to use actually?? for our wira??? beside fully synth???

adam2307

Posted 30 January 2002 - 02:36 PM

adam2307

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi guys,for me i`m using TL lubricants for my engine oil.Cost around RM75 for the oil.Its a fully synthetic oil.Since changing to this oil feels the engine more smoother and easy to start and warm up the engine in the morningSmile Quite happy with the performance of the oil.But this brand is very rare to get.For me no prob cause the dealer just at my hometown in Sungai Petani.He`s the only dealer there.Before this i tried BP Visco semi-synthetic.Quite good also.Its a green color of oil.Smeels so good.Try lar

baldwin

Posted 30 January 2002 - 10:47 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
leakwoon, the clone filter from the naked eye i dont think there`s any differences though i`ve used it a couple of times b4...but what am worried is that it might clog up the injectors in the long run ...and repairing the injectors will cost more than what u are saving by using the clone filter....

the 55 series tyres offers a better ride copared to the 50series ones..

for my 1.6 i have been using the SHeLL Semi-Synt..from 1995 till 2000...engine sounds noisy...so changed to Castrol Magnatec, very satisfied coz engine sounds a lot smoother....and i change the oil and filter only every 10,000kms.....no prob so far...

gearOil ....i would say use only Proton ATF...nothing else....others might melt the wiring which is soaked in the fluiD.

baldwin

Posted 30 January 2002 - 10:54 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
czero, i must say "touch wood" bout the gearboX...better not have problems..

and to bulldog, the sensatrac absorbers is not bad..though a bit soft and what i did to counter this is to fit those lower arm bar for the rear suspension to hold the chasis a bit tighter though i can say those "inside the engine" front strut bar doesnt make a difference on my car..so removed it...

i guess what adam2307, is saying is the leftover ATF in the torque converter, not ENGINE oil...hehe...

bulldog

Posted 31 January 2002 - 12:48 AM

bulldog

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
I am using the "clone" air filter cost RM12. Just try it few weeks ago... actually can`t tell the different... the brand is called "Micro" made in Malaysia. Yellow/Green color packaging.

well... i think i will change my rim to 15" and tyre to 195/55 mid of this year. Hope it wonn`t slow down my pick-up too much since i am usinng Auto.

i am using mobil 1 change oil annd filter every 10K. sop far ok.... heard lots of people suggest to change filter every 5K... any comments??? I didn`t do it coz just lazy to go to workshop to change the filter only... :p

Plan to install the Broquet to my car soon. Hope it can reduce my fuel consumption. :p

for tyre... any good tyre around? Bridgestone Ponteza RE711? plan to change to that too.. .annybody has bad experience abt that???

and... extractor? heard 4-2-1 can inncrease pick-up... any comments? Smile

leakwoon

Posted 31 January 2002 - 08:36 AM

leakwoon

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts
Baldwin,,

about the clone filter....aiyo...how ar??? coz i m planning to change my filter soon. last nite meet a old friend, he told me that K&N got a perfomance filter. It give better responce and fule consumption. we no need to modify the air filter box coz the filter is just same size as the original one. :)

Any one any idea??

my friend aslo advised me to use castrol magnetec (semi), he said u can feel the engine smoother in the morning, when the car is just started and u can press the pedal and rush to work. ;)

Any one any idea??SmileBig Smile

leakwoon

Posted 31 January 2002 - 08:41 AM

leakwoon

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts
bulldog,

i advice u to change ait filter every 5k KM. about the broquet how much fot it??

tyre....TRY Goodyear Eagle F1, around RM180 for one..i can get it in sunway.Shy

adam2307

Posted 31 January 2002 - 09:33 AM

adam2307

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
hi guys,what is broquet?can anyone explain??and how much it cost,where can i get it?
About the air filter i`m only using the original air filter from proton.But thinking to change to K&N air filter soon.