i know it is an old thread that i dug out but just dont want to restart any new thread as basically it is same. yes, now is 2018, im taking over a 1994/1995 Iswara A/B manual gear, with 4G13P as it heart ever since. it has done top overhaul few years back to fix up the white smoke and the engine oil reduction/top up issue.
1. better performance without cost of an arm or leg, understand that each HP come with dollar n cent, let's work around Rm3k +/- as budget, just for the engine enhancement.
2. not over enthu toward changing engine as finding 4G61 which is very old engine reliability/condition of it, 4G9x/sohc/dohc/mivec need to alter/mod the engine mounting. as uncle that going thru mid life crisis, really do not have the patience to let the car sit in workshop more than i'm driving it.
3. using it as town driving and if condition allow, do not mind some distance driving like jb-kl, tahan in jam for hours, etc.
now, my questions are below, really appreciate the kind wording from any of you that have done it, been there, learn it, etc that so kind of you taken your precious time to read up and answering (if you can).
1. 4G13P can fit in 4G15P block assuming the head is the same (correct me if I'm wrong), will the oem piston/conrod too small for 4G15P block? If yes, meaning to say need to find the full set piston/conrod? are they sharing same crankshaft, bearing, etc?
2. If chose the option of 4G15P block, internal enhancement on piston/conrod/crankshaft of 4G18P, this will need to bore the 4G15P block, if running on high rpm, which i usually do bcos the other car im driving is turbo, hence my driving style will always high rpm and turbo kick and the g-force feel, of course not applicable in this car but still wanted to ask whether such stroker kit + my driving will eventually crack the block or my head 1st. Yeah, this Q defying my objectives, but really wish to know what's the outcome. Thanks.
3. Current gearbox, hmmm... can engaging gear but at times it feel like the box wanted to drop off... to solve this, by overhaul the gearbox?
4. Performance Carb, after some reading it seem like if no patience dont go for it as a lot of tuning/tweaking needed. If so, finding 4G15P block + EFI will be better option, as OEM carb engine, if add on EFI, extra wiring + ecu needed, hence will it be extra headache? or stick to oem carb, anything to do to for enhancement?
5. This car really like an old man on ciggarettes for long long time, each morning wake up, it will choke as if engine dropping off until it warm up, relatively acceptable level. It can't immediately action like drop off pant and viola, and need long foreplay (too long in my opinion) before actual action. Read up some, it says carburetor, fuel line, spark plugs, distributor, etc, really would like to rectify this.
6. Clutch... is due... overdue actually... any recommendation?
7. Brake, if enhancement done, this need to relook as safety 1st always important. I lurked around saw Nissan brake servo double layer pump can PNP, is it better than oem servo? or just add on the brake booster pump? I have bad experience taking over those bigger brake kit from half cut, etc... it jammed and lots of headache.
8. Lastly, i'm from JB, hence those recomendation has to be done in JB. Any highly recommended, trusted, reputable and done before such trivial modification really appreciate your kind gesture to inform me.
Finally, to sell the car, it do not worth much. to fix it up, run errand, go deeper inner road for trial runs, bike racing, dirt plantation, will be good using such car of course reliability as well, as stranded in middle of nowehere really no eyes see...
thanks in advance for your kind inputs.