Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Do MYVI have any problem?

• Please log in to reply

tekeitho

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

tekeitho

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (umarine @ Feb 7 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyoh...

Where got car no problem one. Pay 40000 got a little problem, don't complain lah. You buy Prius also got problem mah...

Why complain, just live with it.

Whether it's 40k or 100 or even 200k...we can complain as the money pay for the car is our hard earn money...If we always just live with then forever we will be the same without improving.

My 2 cent...

gfwong

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

gfwong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
About to sell my Myvi to upgrade to Alza. Have been driving it since 06 and overall, I like the car better than my old wira. Quality wise, myvi is way better than wira. Never had any big problem with myvi. Unlike my old wira, after 2 years power window kaput, car boot flooded, horn spoilt, signal light dropped out...terrible. Proton service center sucks but I really had a pleasant experience with Perodua thsese 4 years...
--Scaled 1.5x Myvi = Alza--

stinger82

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

stinger82

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
QUOTE (gfwong @ Sep 21 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About to sell my Myvi to upgrade to Alza. Have been driving it since 06 and overall, I like the car better than my old wira. Quality wise, myvi is way better than wira. Never had any big problem with myvi. Unlike my old wira, after 2 years power window kaput, car boot flooded, horn spoilt, signal light dropped out...terrible. Proton service center sucks but I really had a pleasant experience with Perodua thsese 4 years...

great choice, alza drives even better than myvi ( not many car handling as bad as myvi, but i can tell you they changed the suspension in myvi to make it firmer. 4 years old myvi handling saks, but the newer EE myvi comes with a firmer suspension, and can drive like normal sedan car, maybe not like wira and persona la) .

Alza power is good. a good city car smile.gif perodua service is good enough.

henryhing

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

henryhing

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Bought my wife a Myvi EE 3 months ago.

Rating :-

Looks : Nice with after market bodykit. Ours has a side skirt already so just add front and back lip.

Interior : Good leather steering and seats but horrible dashboard. Too plasticky.

Handling : Good if drive slowly. But if take corner a bit faster car unstable. Need to change good absorbers.

Brakes : Poor. Got to get aftermarket ones when warranty over.

Engine : Smooth. No issue

Auto Transmission : Smooth but not very responsive. Anyway havent really floored the pedal yet.

Comfort and Space : Good.

Overall : Best among its league in the price range. (in Malaysia ) In Auckland/UK for same price can get Nissan March which is 1 million times nicer. Anyway this is Malaysia la. Hope future or new goverment can remove the stupid AP tax so lower income people can afford to but better and safer cars / bikes.

ycfoo

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:57 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
most of our Myvi front brake system suck! in term of quality!

rolobot

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

rolobot

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
I have been driving a Myvi since Sept. I bought the base model 1.3, the EZ. My criteria when buying was get cheapest Myvi with Auto gears. Compare with my old banger, the engine size dropped from 2.3l to 1.3l, means road tax rate dropped 90% from $700 to $70. Refuelling used to be $100 for 4 days, now its $55 for 5 days. bhp dropped from 220 to what aahh 60 is it? 0 to 100 dash was possible under 10secs, now i think it takes forever, darn even that white panel van can do better than this Myvi... but overall i'm in love with my new ride. so far done 4000++ kms. Next service due soon. No problem so far, had one window difficult to wind up and down, sorted that out with a $7 rubber softener lube.

n0thing

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

n0thing

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
have been driving my myvi since nov 2006

so far so good, no major problems, no breakdowns yet
only time was because of dead battery

problems experienced:

1. warped brake disc - will make your steering shake when braking at higher speeds

just go change your disc to aftermarket ones after warranty, eg. bosch rm160/pair or brembo oem rm300/pair

2. faulty power window switches

carbon buildup at the contact point - can diy easily, clean it with cottonbud n it'll work fine, problem is it'll come back after a while and you'll need to clean it again

3. klok klok klok sound when driving on uneven roads - loose calipers

just send to sc and get them to grease the pins (sound will come back after a while) or change to aftermarket calipers
they've supposedly solved this problem in the newer batches with new caliper model but i don't know

hmm.. think that's about it

overall, quite satisfied with it
~450km/RM60 @ rm1.9(8?)5/litre ron95

Perodua SC (not authorised SC) service is subjective i guess
it depends on the person attending to you
some are courteous, friendly, helpful, etc
some just dont give a damn

and the thing is that they switch personnel between branches from time to time i think
overall, okay la, malaysian service, don't expect too much

proxmator

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

proxmator

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
So far, my Myvi SE Manual (reaching 3 yr)serves me up to my satisfaction besides several problem below:

• 1 power window malfunctioning (not yet report for repair)
  • 2 door sensor malfunctioning (reported, but need to pay, planning to change it outside SC for cheaper price since no warranty)
  • Radio still serve perfectly fine to me till few days back. Found the reception is getting poorer (noisy)
  • breaking system is not sensitive enough, had few times nearly get into accident, but got saved with my manual gear help
  • additional to breaking system: when attempt to stop at faster speed, "kok" "kok" "kok" will be very loud and freak me out (once a while only)
  • pedal is seriously small, just got attached a cheap pedal plate on it, but self-maintenance high, need to tighten the screw from time to time (which tells u, if wan, get better one which give perfect locking on the pedal to prevent coming out, WHICH IS DANGER!!)

So far, major changes done on my car, my manual gearbox at 3rd / 4th service due to not smooth changing gear and car jerking during changing gear (lower gear), and master power window control panel due to water splashed during heavy rain.

1 thing I do not really like about Myvi is about the air-tight of the car, it seems too tight where when i attempt to close my driver door (when other door closed) i hvt give more force to ensure its closed.

I think my FC is great tho. roughly 500km++ /full tank which includes 2 journey to-fro KL-Kajang + 2 weeks town drive.
was using RON97 once for testing and changed back to RON95. no much difference since RON97 is higher price which compensates ur mileage. in which, don't la pandai pandai go pump RON97 and test for nothing (tested it during the lowest price of RON97. heh~ smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif (highways usually my max speed is around 90 +3 ish max, seldom hit 100(not North-South Highway), takut kena summon, bcz if kena gonna eat maggi every meal.. LOL)

after changing my tires, much better handling on road, especially highway.. smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

autoprise

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

autoprise

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I got this problem with my engine. It cant start. When I turn the key, there is this one "tick" sound only. Tried many times but everytime I turn the key, the one "tick" sound come out only. Is it the battery problem or anyone experience this before? The car was not use for 12 hours only.

Also, before my engine problem, my air cond have this weird sound when the A/C is turn on. Like there is a loud noise in the engine and when I rev the car, the noise gets louder. When I turn off the A/C but leave the fan on, it go back to being quiet. And sometimes when the A/C is not cold, there's no sound in the engine but when it starts to get cold again, there's this loud noise again. Whats the problem? A/C compressor? T_T Can someone tell me what's the problem?

I'm driving a 2006 Myvi 1.3 M.

Thanks in advance!

chsiew86

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

chsiew86

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
i'm new here....
just wanna tell u all myvi having brake shaking problems because of the disk rotor and calipers problem....
if u change back to ori set, the problem also will occur again....
i have change my myvi disk brake rotor to after market brembo ori set.... only RM 250....
now no more shaking if brake at high speed.....
can fit for ori pad and rims... only buy the disk rotor and ask mechanic install.... they charge RM 25 normally....
u can text me to ask about the brake .... 0173303338.....