Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 or perdana v6 (second hand) ?

• Please log in to reply

wja6227

Posted 30 January 2003 - 01:35 AM

wja6227

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
Which one is better? Or, any other better car with the same budget better than this two?
Thanks for advice

V-Spec

Posted 30 January 2003 - 09:14 AM

V-Spec

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,306 posts
Errrrrrrr..........since you anti-auto, PV6 shouldn't be in your consideration list.

Glee

Posted 30 January 2003 - 09:15 AM

Glee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
main thing to remember, price aside.. these are 2 very different cars and not running in the same class.

The first big difference is the engine size.

Also, the waja competes with cars like the altis, ford lynx, sentra..etc.

Whereas the perdana is running with the accord, sonata, camry pack, although the car is starting to show its age by now in that company of cars, as it is still an older model mitsubishi recycled by proton but still a pretty capable car.

JoePrince

Posted 30 January 2003 - 01:15 PM

JoePrince

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
both cars come only in auto gearbox form.

Having experienced both cars I'd recommend that you take the PV6 (Auto).

imho, I find the PV6 a more superior car in terms of long distance capability and comfort. It is after all the flagship luxury model and is one of the better locally assembled offerings within it's price range.

In terms of performance, I've been (pleasantly) surprised on the road by other PV6 in stock form in mid-range acceleration when I was overtaking them in my Putra. The PV6 pickup is very good from 80km/h onwards up till about 160km/h.

cbips

Posted 02 February 2003 - 03:10 AM

cbips

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
but handing of waja is better than v6 during hi-sped

JoePrince

Posted 03 February 2003 - 04:21 PM

JoePrince

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
dunno la.

Haven't drove the Waja 1.8 hard to assess the high-speed handling only did straight line testing and low speed cornering approx 110km/h to 120km/h into left-4 and right-4s, the car was still too new with less than 300kms on the odometer.

however, handling is very much dependant on the skills of the driver, so i'll leave it at that.

The PV6 is a big and heavy car so i wouldn't recommend chucking it into corners, it is after all a good long distance cruiser and not a performance car.

Mean

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:30 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Spot on Joe Prince! And my PV6 is currently running very well with the two front tyres that were originally from your car.

Pls let me know if there are any more used 16" rubber for PV6, I would surely be looking for a pair this year end.

Gan9494

Posted 03 February 2003 - 11:45 PM

Gan9494

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
yo prince,
long time no see man....
just curious, have you played around with the PV6 suspension set up yet or are u still considering other options?.....

V-Spec

Posted 04 February 2003 - 09:46 AM

V-Spec

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,306 posts
cbips, not too sure about during high speed but on REALLY sharp corners, perhaps the Waja will have an edge. A stock PV6's tail will step out during those kinda maneuvers.

waneterna

Posted 05 February 2003 - 01:45 AM

waneterna

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
yeah agree with you.....I 'cucuk' a standard waja before...and in sharp corners....it will just go through it with ease.....but myself having trouble to control the tail end of mycar......

on straight line high speed....the perdana seems more stable....but the waja is o.k.....