Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

ORIGINAL MIVEC 1.8 in KL???

• Please log in to reply

keong

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:05 PM

keong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

hi all,

btw, my fren just went to TOMEI auto in KL ( i dunno correct spelling or not ) AMOIL also panel with them... my fren saw one MIVEC half cut but inside was
MIVEC 1.8!!! this engine so far was mystery but the code writing there 4G93... the shop owner told my fren that this engine does exist and not the proton 1.8 rojak with MIVEC 1.6... this kind of engine does exist cos of the jap ppl asked the mitsu to do it but not many unit around, according to the owner...the owner willing to let go for 7.5k + many MIVEC electronic accessories inside so, anyone near to the kedai potong somewhere around KL, why don't go and check it out?

regards,
keong

seantang

Posted 25 February 2003 - 10:26 AM

seantang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
It's a rojak. If we want to know what the Japs did, we need to go ask a Japanese Mitsu engineer or tuner - not a local workshop owner who's trying sell a halfcut which he probably got conned himself.

llsaw

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:12 AM

llsaw

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
There's no such thing as a 1.8 MIVEC.. I've checked with all my Ralliart connections even in the great JDM land and there's no 1.8 MIVEC..

keong

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:34 PM

keong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
hi,

i dunno... go and check it out! i dunno i spell the shop name correctly or not... the timing belt on the left side one... and the shop was the panel of amoil, amoil always order the 1/2 cut from them one...anyway, how about the B18C small tec? available or dongeng,too?

BR101GTi

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:40 PM

BR101GTi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
There is no B18C 'small Vtec', there is however a B18B which is a US spec LS Integra 1.8 non Vtec. Horsepower ratings after bolt on's matches those of our local 1.8 protons.

deecee

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:08 AM

deecee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
hm hm hm... I personally saw ..B18C1 US spec small vtec 160 hp...but still can outran...produced in Integra GSR 93 +

seantang

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:20 AM

seantang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
There no such thing as a 'small' vtec or 'big' vtec.

These are terms used by local petrol heads to differentiate between the first gen B16A (rated 160ps) and the second gen B16A (rated 170ps). There are significant differences in the engine, ECU and gearbox.

Obviously, the 170ps engine is referred to as the big V, and the 160ps as the small v.

There is not an official distinction.

US-spec cars are always detuned to be 5-15% lower in hp compared to JDM cars.

czero

Posted 05 March 2003 - 01:41 AM

czero

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
I read in a few (or many) Option mags that there is indeed a 1.8 4G93 Mivec but the engine is terbalik.. i think it was rated at 210hp if im not mistaken.
Keong !! come to KL never call me ? Big Smile

moppy

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:08 AM

moppy

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,438 posts
I agree with czero, there's a mivec 1.8 exist but in invert type. The rated 210 is the invert type of 4G93T.
The 1.8 mivec i only found in Taiwan but not in HK.

keong

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:14 PM

keong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
yep, the timing belt on the left side of the engine! like the evo4 onwards...

moppy, not me, my frens lar... :)