Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How powerful is Mivec?.

• Please log in to reply

keong

Posted 13 March 2003 - 05:49 PM

keong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
the mivec 1.6 will outrun the 1.8 proton wira,putra or even the GTI ( stock )but by a small margin only!
have seen the 1.6 DOHC vs the 1.8 putra both in stock, the 1.8 win by a small margin only!

KillerB

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:52 PM

KillerB

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 897 posts
I've seen a sgti proton 1.8 drag with a sgti mivec 1.8. The 1.8 win by a mere half car's length. If it's the 1.6, i reckon it will depend on the launching. The proton's 1.8, if parts are matched properly, will have tremendous torque to pull the car away from the mivec from 1st gear and maintain the lead in 2nd gear. The mivec will have it's advantage only in 3rd gear. So, it depends on how far the proton 1.8 pull in 1st gear, then maintain distance in 2nd gear, and on 3rd gear wait for the Mivec to see what's the results at 400m. The mivec will eventually overtake the proton 1.8, it's just at what distance. On top speed also, the mivec will tapau the proton 1.8.

Zoolander

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:30 PM

Zoolander

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
i've seen a S'pore MIVEC lead a Satria GTi on the N-S h'way before..but i think the MIVEC modified..cos got bigger rims (probably 17") with bigger than stock twin-piped exhaust..the Satria GTi i'm not so sure,cos it's running on 17" rims too with stock pipes..
but i think both MIVEC and SGTi engine can't beat EF/EK DOHC V-Tec engine..DOHC V-Tec the most unbeatable among the 3 probably..

subsonique

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:13 AM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
memang le, but i have seen with my own eyes, 3 generations of vtec, being slammed by this mivec. 2 rounds each, killing those vtecs, at 3rd gear. damn, that was too good huh? but that mivec was fully loaded la, because he did not want to pop up his hood right after playing.

911gt2

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:16 PM

911gt2

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend a site or resource with comprehensive information on the MIVEC engine especially the 1.6 and very elusive 1.8? Would like to know the history, evolution, current production, tech data, prices(new/used) etc. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

NOSsNaiL

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:00 AM

NOSsNaiL

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
i saw half-cut in klang last week 1.6 mivec 4g92 rm4900 + it has excellent condition bodykit and dashboard.black color,clean engine!if i own satria sure bought that one...hmmm

subsonique

Posted 16 March 2003 - 04:55 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
what is your ride la nosnail?

waikc

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:09 AM

waikc

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
this is interesting. the other day i was chasing a putra, which i reckon should be stock. i was driving a car with a 4A-GE 16V. in gear acceleration (3rd, 4th), the putra is able to pull away better. maybe the torque is higher, 4A-GE 16V doesn't have high enough torque at the lower rpm -mid rpm range. don't know abt drag from 1st gear coz didn't try.

nuggyn

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:29 AM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
waikc...where did you chase the Putra? COuld it be me?? Big Smile don't tiong me on public road lerr....dangerous you know.

waikc

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:37 AM

waikc

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
was driving back from cyberjaya on friday evening. was it u?? no lar, i know the limits...i don't simply tiong. in fact that day, i gave up after the putra went all the way from right lane to left lane (3 lanes) to overtake cars.