Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

CAI hose

• Please log in to reply

nuggyn

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:07 AM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
Hi people,

I have been trying to find those flexible hose that is used for the CAI....tried looking in a few hardware shops but they don't sell this stuff. Anyone knows where I can get it? I will avoid getting it from car accesories shops as they will push up the price.

What I intend to do is to remove the existing snout that connects to the airbox as I find it has a lot of restriction to the air intake. (by the way, I'm driving a Putra) Thus replacing it with a bigger and less restrictive snout (hose) would be better. At the other end, I would point the intake into the bumper area and I will remove the cornering light and use the hole to draw cold air into the bumper area.

Please let me know which shop that sells this flexible hose.

stupe

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:36 AM

stupe

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts
you can try those spare part shop. ask for air cond hose/ducting. it is balck in colour and it is made from rubber/plastic. i am using them in my kancil now.

hope it helps.

V-Spec

Posted 18 February 2003 - 01:20 PM

V-Spec

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,306 posts
I have one for sale. Post your e-mail here and I'll send you a pic plus the specs of it. TQ.

nuggyn

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:41 AM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
I managed to buy the air-cond hose (aluminium foil type) for my CAI installation and it costs me not more than RM13....bought it at a DIY shop in Jaya (PJ Section 14). I bought 1 meter of it and it is more than enough. I only use up about 60% of the length. Those CAI hose (same type) I find in some car accesories shop costs more than RM50 and I don't think you are getting 1 meter for that price.

Mr. Engineer

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:46 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,523 posts
I think I know which shop. Big Smile

stupe

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:25 AM

stupe

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts
MR.E, u mean the rm50 for a 1 meter shop ah? i ALSO know which one ler...hehehe..
Big Smile

subsonique

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:15 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
obviously huh? haha

Mr. Engineer

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:18 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,523 posts
I want to buy some this month.................

BlackSun

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:03 PM

BlackSun

Fast & Furious

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
i find that my stock air filter box already got a hose connected with to the bumper area. you guys install mushroom air filter????

subsonique

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:06 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
of course le every stock air box comes connected to the hose which shoot to the front bumper. tu direct outside air into the box la. use arc air super air filter box la.