Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bodykit....

• Please log in to reply

Naj

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:19 AM

Naj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Hi guys....Im planning to put bodykits for my putra. I have 3 shops to do the job:

1. Bumi fibre
2. ST fibreworks
3. DAI-ICHI

So i just want some suggestions on which shop do you guys think will do the best job. I want a good and thick fibre. pls help....

subsonique

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:12 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
naj, forget bumi, it's not what it used to be. i reckon the quality is not up to expectation anymore. go st better. my friend did it at st, and the outcome, pheeeeeewit, gorgeous, babe. really, and they will also recommend you another place to repaint your car. well, you can go others, but this place where they do the respraying is good man. yup, my friend did it on his mivec, customized bodykits, and customized colors, all for like rm5k. but the outcome that counts in this matter.

Naj

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:34 PM

Naj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
Forget bumi? whuts wrong with that shop. I heard that people said that they do a good job plus the fiber is good and thick. u mean they use to do good jobs but not anymore now??

ST...i bought the head light lip 2 year back but it broke easily when i send it for spray,since then im afraid to go there and buy anything. But who knows.... they are better now rite.

Subsonique....St fiber mahal or not, after they ketuk me kaw kaw mati la...

subsonique

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:13 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
did on my old satria at bumi. workmanship, not satisfactory. however, the fiber is quite thick though. and the friend that went to st, was nicely done. almost everything flushed accordingly. one more thing, you got to send it to shops that good in spraying customized bodykits instead of the normal ones. the fiber density used on my friend's mivec is a thick one. about the price, well not too sure what is mahal or not. he did it and was satisfied, so i reckon money is not the point there. but sometimes, even myself see the budget.

Naj

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:32 PM

Naj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Which bumi....the one in Pj rite. Just wondering,what are you not satisfy with....and spray or the bodykits. Im not going to do a major bodykit change on my car, just a simple one like side skirts,back lip, spoiler and from grille. I think its very expensive if it will cost me like RM5K. Friend of yours did a simple mivec bodykits or he did a custom designs.

subsonique

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:17 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
my friend custommed his mivec. and it was not simple la. the bodykits and spraying cost him like 5k, which is reasonable for the quality given. and the one i went was in subang there, near puchong. it's the skyline shop, the name. the workmanshp is not satisfactory, that's all. and i mean the bodykit la.

Naj

Posted 14 March 2003 - 01:47 AM

Naj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

okey....i guess i have to look around huh. Damn susah..... hey, post ur friend's car picture la so everybody here can see it, everybody can seronok2. heheheh...

subsonique

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:32 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
ok i will try to post. anyway, we all are looking for good designed bodykits car to be published into our magazines. a new magazines like none in the market. so, anyone?

Mr. Engineer

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:11 AM

Mr. Engineer

Karl Benz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,523 posts
Try a search on the Forums because there were some complaints on Bumi and Dai-itchi.

ST was quite ok.

I went to bumi 4 years ago and beased on the way the "boss" and the counter ladies (read Ladies) entertained us, I am not going to go back there.

subsonique

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:25 PM

subsonique

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
mr.e, y iou mean the boss as in johnson? well, he`s like that, always shouting and screaming i guess. but he passed away already, last year. anyway, yup, they do have complains on dai-chi and bumi. and like i said earlier, i saw my friend`s mivec, and it ticked me to even do aerokits on my bravo in like 2-3 months time. with proper design planning, it`ll go thru.