Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Fully Mod NA Proton`s Car That Can Beat TypeR?

• Please log in to reply

chrome

Posted 26 February 2003 - 04:49 PM

chrome

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
ce9a,

You need a set of closer ratio cogs in that case, just installing a higher final drive ratio will not put you into the high cam zone after consecutive gear changes.

Seeing a Jap half cut with a 4G93 Mivec does not prove its existence, because you know next to nothing of its history before it got into Malaysia. It could be a hybrid just like the ones Malaysians usually throw together...

keong

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:30 PM

keong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
hi,

i dunno i spell the shop name correct or not...btw, they're amoil panel... amoil always order engine from them one...

the half cut complete accessories and the owner will let it go for 7.5k...

CE9A

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:57 PM

CE9A

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
llsaw,Smile
i'm now using the MIVEC gearbox. i can't seem to find the dewpoint corp. website.Question how much is the matspeed 4.85 FD?

llsaw, if the primaries on an extractor is longer than the secondaries(assuming this is a 4-2-1 type), what benefit does it have over a vice versa design? what about 4-1 designs? what benefits over the 4-2-1 design? does extractor pipe diameter also affect power and torque output? where is the collector?Question

CE9A

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:59 PM

CE9A

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
chrome,Smile
ya, i need closer ratio gears, but it's very difficult to find MIVEC gears.Frown

llsaw

Posted 27 February 2003 - 05:30 AM

llsaw

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
For Matspeed 4.8 FD contact Adian at sales@teammatrix.com.my

petel

Posted 27 February 2003 - 01:41 PM

petel

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts
My experience with mitsu engine is it delivers good low and mid torque than honda. if you talking about heavy mod. NA 4G93 vs B18CR.... emmmmr... i've seen a recent Japan video a ITR producing 260hp in NA. Wink

llsaw

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:18 PM

llsaw

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
Tsuchiya-san and Hattori-san in Best Motoring complained that the Prime Garage DC2 while making 260ps does not have any low end. The car was also 3+ secs slower than the Jun Prelude BB6 and 2 secs slower F20C equipped AE86..

petel

Posted 27 February 2003 - 04:30 PM

petel

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts
llsaw,

you had the video too! well... it is quite awesome that NA goes to 260hp. i like the AE86 F20C.

I bring out this issue because we are discussing about the 4G93 vs B-Series engine. Tongue

deecee

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:10 AM

deecee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
hey come on ITR is manufacturer spec to rpoduce 200 hp no other proton or mitsu 1.8 dohc can produce this much HP can u guys just accept the reality if u compare modded 4g91 or whteve might as well u compare heavily modded volvo RB26DETT with Stock Supra.. u can just compare like that..stock with stock modded with modded ... this discussion will go on and on...

ps ITR u got the beauty in stock as well

deecee

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:13 AM

deecee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
yeah yeah yeah what ever.............................