Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

bosch super 4 vs NGK

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (speeddrive @ Mar 5 2014, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys..

Need advice spark plug for my kelisa. Which one better NGK G-power or Bosch Super 4? One spare part shop said Bosch Super 4 (RM60 for 4pcs). The NGK G-power is RM50 for 4pcs but the NGK one is heat rating 6.

Bosch super 4 only has 1 model.. NGK G-power got different gap, heat rating. Which one suitable for kelisa? This is my first time using platinum. Before this just normal copper spark plug. Many thanks for the help.

Which Bosch model. Super 4 is the copper electrode model, then they have the platinum 4 and Iridium platinum fusion all have 4 electrodes. Base on the price is the copper model.
G-power is platinum so it is long lasting. Even though they have different heat range and gap, get the one your car need. Using wrong heat range will be bad for the car...

speeddrive

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

speeddrive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 6 2014, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which Bosch model. Super 4 is the copper electrode model, then they have the platinum 4 and Iridium platinum fusion all have 4 electrodes. Base on the price is the copper model.
G-power is platinum so it is long lasting. Even though they have different heat range and gap, get the one your car need. Using wrong heat range will be bad for the car...

The bosch is FR78X. The gap is 1.1mm but don't know the heat range. Is it the copper one? not Platinum?. Why the Spare Part shop said it's platinum. smile_question.gif ..The NGK G-Power I should find is BKR5EGP (Heat range 5 and gap 1.1mm) as recommended in NGK website for Kelisa 1.0 (http://www.ngksparkplugs.com.my/newsite/index.php?option=com_partfinder&Itemid=17&func=detail&id=186)..

vr2turbo

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (speeddrive @ Mar 6 2014, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bosch is FR78X. The gap is 1.1mm but don't know the heat range. Is it the copper one? not Platinum?. Why the Spare Part shop said it's platinum. smile_question.gif ..The NGK G-Power I should find is BKR5EGP (Heat range 5 and gap 1.1mm) as recommended in NGK website for Kelisa 1.0 (http://www.ngksparkplugs.com.my/newsite/index.php?option=com_partfinder&Itemid=17&func=detail&id=186)..

I search Bosch Malaysia website and it looks like they have not updated and still showing all the older models. Looking at overseas website it does show new models. So for you, just check the plugs. Normal Super 4 will have normal center electrode
http://de.bosch-auto...bosch_super_4_1

The platinum is called Platinum +4, not sure if it is called the same here but should be. The center electrode of platinum is embedded in the ceramic
http://www.boschauto.../Platinum4.aspx

davidlow7

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 7 2014, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I search Bosch Malaysia website and it looks like they have not updated and still showing all the older models. Looking at overseas website it does show new models. So for you, just check the plugs. Normal Super 4 will have normal center electrode
http://de.bosch-auto...bosch_super_4_1

The platinum is called Platinum +4, not sure if it is called the same here but should be. The center electrode of platinum is embedded in the ceramic
http://www.boschauto.../Platinum4.aspx

So far for me dealing with Bosch products -

We have a few range but I have not got time to do much nowadays, so not sure what are the newest thing... but should be not much change except they are phasing out the Bosch Super 4... I still have 2 sets of Myvi's for those who are interested I wanna let it go cheap @ RM48 per set

Bosch Super (Copper) - (up to 20,000km)*
Bosch Super Plus (Copper - up to 30,000km)*
Bosch Super 4 (Copper w/Multi Electrode) (up to 40,000km)*

Bosch Platinum Plus (Platinum) (up to 60,000km)*

Bosch Plat-IR (Iridium) (Up to 100,000km)*

*recommended interval change (up-to)

These are the one you can find in Malaysia market.

Cross Reference for Heatrange reference
Bosch 7 = NGK 6 = Denso 20
Bosch 8 = NGK 5 = Denso 16

davidlow7

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Sharing the Cross Reference Sheet

Attached Files

vr2turbo

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (davidlow7 @ Mar 8 2014, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far for me dealing with Bosch products -

We have a few range but I have not got time to do much nowadays, so not sure what are the newest thing... but should be not much change except they are phasing out the Bosch Super 4... I still have 2 sets of Myvi's for those who are interested I wanna let it go cheap @ RM48 per set

Bosch Super (Copper) - (up to 20,000km)*
Bosch Super Plus (Copper - up to 30,000km)*
Bosch Super 4 (Copper w/Multi Electrode) (up to 40,000km)*

Bosch Platinum Plus (Platinum) (up to 60,000km)*

Bosch Plat-IR (Iridium) (Up to 100,000km)*

*recommended interval change (up-to)

These are the one you can find in Malaysia market.

Cross Reference for Heatrange reference
Bosch 7 = NGK 6 = Denso 20
Bosch 8 = NGK 5 = Denso 16

I have tried Bosch Old platinum model before and also the Super 4. Pretty good especially the platinum that lasted a long long time.
Yah! the plug companies never standardized their heat range numbers... smile_blackeye.gif