Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

bosch super 4 vs NGK

• Please log in to reply

gjrforce

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

gjrforce

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
1.5 injector wira should use 1.1mm gaping with heatrange 5..acording from the book.

and your BPR5EGP is 0.8mm gaping.

btw, i also using 0.8mm gaping in my car which is require 1.1mm gap, no problem so far..more smooth.

AMSoil, Mobil 1, Royal purple, Redline, Motul, Chevron, NGK, Denso, OWS, K&N

tsk

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

tsk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
gjrforce,

thanks for feedback.
so meaning that the heat range is correct (5) and just the gaping is 0.8mm.
ok, so I think it is ok for my car as you said you also using 0.8mm which suppose to use 1.1mm.
the tauke told me g power is better than super 4 ... so just give a try la.

eddievh

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
Asking on behalf of my friend. Honda H22A recommend NGK PZFR6F-11 or DENSO PKJ20CR-L11 but these model are difficult to find in Selangor. Plug sifu,could you please recommend 1 equivalent copper model which is easier to find one.

1 more question,a car that seldom use on highway or high speed it is advisable to reduce the heat rating say from 6 to 5? Any benefit from doing so?

Thanks.

gjrforce

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

gjrforce

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
QUOTE (eddievh @ Dec 29 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Asking on behalf of my friend. Honda H22A recommend NGK PZFR6F-11 or DENSO PKJ20CR-L11 but these model are difficult to find in Selangor. Plug sifu,could you please recommend 1 equivalent copper model which is easier to find one.

1 more question,a car that seldom use on highway or high speed it is advisable to reduce the heat rating say from 6 to 5? Any benefit from doing so?

Thanks.

That NGK PZFR6F-11 is platinium plug.

Copper plug should be NGK ZFR6F-11
Iridium plug should be NGK ZFR6FIX-11

both easy to get in the market.

it is not advisable to reduce heatrange for that kind of reason, not nessesary..

btw, H22A bydefault is using heatrange 5 not 6..based on the NGK website. i not sure what is the car manual return.
AMSoil, Mobil 1, Royal purple, Redline, Motul, Chevron, NGK, Denso, OWS, K&N

eddievh

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
QUOTE (gjrforce @ Dec 30 2008, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That NGK PZFR6F-11 is platinium plug.

Copper plug should be NGK ZFR6F-11
Iridium plug should be NGK ZFR6FIX-11

both easy to get in the market.

it is not advisable to reduce heatrange for that kind of reason, not nessesary..

btw, H22A bydefault is using heatrange 5 not 6..based on the NGK website. i not sure what is the car manual return.

Thanks gjrforce,i'll let my friend know the equivalent model.

flee

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Wah this thread has gone cold.

Just to update on Bosch Super 4 - I just changed my Super 4's after more than 56,000 kms. They are still good but I did not have the confidence to continue using them since I was afraid they may fail suddenly. So I changed them preemptively. Been doing solid service for me. I am now on my third set of Super 4's.
Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Jan 24 2012, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah this thread has gone cold.

Just to update on Bosch Super 4 - I just changed my Super 4's after more than 56,000 kms. They are still good but I did not have the confidence to continue using them since I was afraid they may fail suddenly. So I changed them preemptively. Been doing solid service for me. I am now on my third set of Super 4's.

I had used 2 sets before. Quite good, only harder to clean.
You don't want to try the platinum/Iridium fusion??

mickeyboy

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

mickeyboy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
hi guys,

tumpang sekaki here, anyone of you have experience or can advice me which spark plug suitable for my spare car honda civic eg8 1.5 vtec engine (made 1992)? Currently i am just using honda spark plug which you can purchase from workshop price around RM20-RM30. So, i am looking for better spark plug which could have longer lifespan, better fc and better pick-up power. I heard about platinum/iridium spark plug and i afraid it doesnt suit to the engine (if engine could not withstand the over 'power' of the plug). Hope the spark plug price not more than RM100. fing01.gif

Then if change to better spark plug, is that necessary to change the spark plug cable as well?

vr2turbo

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mickeyboy @ Aug 26 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys,

tumpang sekaki here, anyone of you have experience or can advice me which spark plug suitable for my spare car honda civic eg8 1.5 vtec engine (made 1992)? Currently i am just using honda spark plug which you can purchase from workshop price around RM20-RM30. So, i am looking for better spark plug which could have longer lifespan, better fc and better pick-up power. I heard about platinum/iridium spark plug and i afraid it doesnt suit to the engine (if engine could not withstand the over 'power' of the plug). Hope the spark plug price not more than RM100. fing01.gif

Then if change to better spark plug, is that necessary to change the spark plug cable as well?

Iridium will cost more then RM100. Platinum you can get below RM100. You should get a smooth drive with platinum and being harder will last longer. No need to change cable, but don't expect a large improvement in power......

speeddrive

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

speeddrive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello guys..

Need advice spark plug for my kelisa. Which one better NGK G-power or Bosch Super 4? One spare part shop said Bosch Super 4 (RM60 for 4pcs). The NGK G-power is RM50 for 4pcs but the NGK one is heat rating 6.

Bosch super 4 only has 1 model.. NGK G-power got different gap, heat rating. Which one suitable for kelisa? This is my first time using platinum. Before this just normal copper spark plug. Many thanks for the help.