Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Renault Espace !!!!

• Please log in to reply

chrischay

Posted 21 March 2002 - 09:19 AM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Gurjit,

I have heard alot about Torino`s service, I am aware their service is really stinks but then again, not many reliable / good mechanic servicing fiat cars around in my area (ulu kelang). For almost 6 years; the cutie handles by this bunch of so call morons. I must admit one thing they are trying very hard too.

Do you know anyone as an alternative for my little cutie near my area?

Thanks.Question

chrischay

Posted 21 March 2002 - 09:24 AM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Sorry to hear your problem but then again that is really a minor problem compare to those "unluckly" new owner, i.e. gearbox, engine..etc.

How come after new replacement, the problem still persists ? I don`t know much about car but to me if everything replaced with new parts, the car should be fine.

I started driving the espace to work for the past 2 days; enjoy it alot but still shaky when there is a jam ahead, ie. federal highway and sungai besi. Needs at least 2 months to really get used to the car especially the gear. Overall, I enjoy it alot.

See ya.Cool

GURJIT

Posted 21 March 2002 - 12:08 PM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
Hi Chrischay,

If u visit the Fiat Forum, i`m sure you`ll find a handful of mechanics who are good in servicing the Fiat.

Cheers.

syedtaq

Posted 21 March 2002 - 04:53 PM

syedtaq

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
Skynet8,

Ask them to check your lower arm or anti-roll bar bushes. Normally, if they are worn-out, you will hear knocking sound.

Regards,

kkphon

Posted 21 March 2002 - 05:01 PM

kkphon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi,
Does Qasar has its own used car centre ? I went there to check Kangoo and they didn`t recommend any used Kangoo to me. Probably there are not many buyers want to sell it yet. Sound like Qasar is a reliable Service Centre.....+ points on the decision to buy Kangoo soon...Approve

skynet8

Posted 22 March 2002 - 12:02 PM

skynet8

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
syedtag,

thank for ur direction.....i will ask them to check that from me.....since they have change so many time for the absorber....will update next week .....

chrischay,
my gear box do have problem ...but quasar has changed a new gear box for me already....and now seems is fine....

xinu

Posted 25 March 2002 - 09:43 AM

xinu

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Chrischay;

Can you give me the contact persons of the two Espace owners? I`m interested. I test-drive one yesterday. Its `98 model registered in `99, was told by Quasar guy the condition is tip-top, never had major problem. but the mil. is a little over 90K. Asking prise is about 103K. Still thinking....

I believe its std version, no leather seat and no moon roof. The owner had changed the rim to sport rim. Not sure whether to go for this one or wait to see a few more.

After driving this MPV, I`m glad I did not buy Trajet or Carnival.

Thanx in advance,
xinu

Deng

Posted 25 March 2002 - 02:46 PM

Deng

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
ladies,

am also interested in espace. would like to know more about maintenance & spare parts cost.
thanks.

rgds,
Deng

chrischay

Posted 25 March 2002 - 02:52 PM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Xinu, I don`t have the owners` contact. All the while, I dealt with someone works for Quasar, give me your email address where I will send you her contact. I think it is not so appropriate to have her name & phone number display here.

She has a few units. I am glad you too choose Espace to be your MPV choice. Can you elaborate why you were glad you did not choose Trajet or Carnival. Isn`t these cars are also good car ? I have not driven anyone MPV except Volkswagen Sharan; it is a fantastic car and it is sad to say there is no service back-up.

I think the mileage should not pose any major problem as long as the car is accident free and well maintained. Good Luck !!![:x]

GURJIT

Posted 25 March 2002 - 03:53 PM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
Yup, the Espace is the mother of all MPVs. Too bad I could not afford it. So I went for the Citroen. Not bad either, may not be aerodynamic but the handling is superb. Tried the Zafira-great MPV. But sorry to tell u the Kia Carnival failed in the crash test in America with very poor results. Kinda dodgy MPV. Hyundai Traject is not bad either.

Cheers.