Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Renault Espace !!!!

• Please log in to reply

chrischay

Posted 07 March 2002 - 09:25 AM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Thanks for the comments given.

I have finally chosen Espace to be my 1st MPV. Inspected and test drove the car on Monday.
Waiting for the loan approval and delivery of my beauty; by next week.

Will tell you more on this beauty.Wink

GURJIT

Posted 07 March 2002 - 11:59 AM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
Congrats on your Espace. Would like to hear your opinion on the Espace.

Cheers.

xinu

Posted 07 March 2002 - 12:49 PM

xinu

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Chrischay;

I look forward for your comment on this MPV for I`m also thinking of getting a used one. I saw the new one in S`pore website, its called Grand Espace which is different from the one shown on M`sia website. Its really beautiful. Did you buy yours from Quasar? Where did you get your loan and what`s the interest like, if you don`t mind my asking?

I contacted one guy who`s selling his `98 Limited Edition Espace for 138K. The milleage is already over 80K. He not willing to negotiate much. I think its overpriced. Do you know how this version differs from the non-Limited Edition. Other used Espace advertised in the paper are mostly of `97 model.

By the way what is the spec for your Espace?

Thanx
xinu

chrischay

Posted 11 March 2002 - 11:45 AM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Dear Xinu,

Limited edition comes with moonroof and leather seat; the rest are the same. Mine is the standard version with 57K mileage and I got this from Quasar. The lady (from Quasar) instructed her workshop to carry out major service before handing over the car to me; some touch-up paint, cleaning of cushion and replaced of a coin compartment. I am very particular about buying cars; that`s why I have so many request. She even jokingly said that this is a rugi deal Tongue.

I am not sure the one you mentioned was the same guy I was offered by Quasar. It`s a limited edition 98` with almost 90K mileage; but he was asking for about 105K only (Dec 2001). The guy working as an architect and wanted to upgrade the current version to the Grand Espace.

I think there is 1 more for sale; the owner is asking for 115K (negotiable), 1999 model. If you are interested, let me know.

My Espace is the standard version; formally owned by a French (single) under company maintenance. Guess that is the reason why the car still look good.

Email me if you want further information.

xinu

Posted 15 March 2002 - 01:03 AM

xinu

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi Chrischay;

Waiting for you to tell us more about your Espace. Had the chance to visit Quasar last weekend and was very impressed with the interior of the new one. I was told the new model does not differ much from the `98/`99 model. I might get one myself perhaps in a couple of months.
Do you plan to sent yours to Quasar for service or do you have an independant mechanic already? I was reading thru the Renault 19 forum at Starmotoring website and most of them suggested to buy parts on your own then get an independant mechanic to fix it. Otherwise its expansive to send to Quasar. I hope its not true for Espace.

Anxiously waiting for your review on Espace
xinu.Smile

chrischay

Posted 18 March 2002 - 12:14 PM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
I tried out the espace last week; to my surprise it maneuvers like a saloon car. Initially, I was taken a step back by the size of it but later was impressed by it`s comfort, stability and ease of handling. Of course, people like me have not driven any car beyond the saloon car size will have to take awhile to adjust.

The car had done it`s 60K major service by the sales girl before handed over to me; therefore, the car will not be back for service again for another 10K. It`s a worth buy and I have no regret.

Which website you saw that is suggested the owner to buy our parts; perhaps you can share with me. So far, I have not found any reliable mechanic to handle this car yet but to be honest, have to be a really really trust worthy and skillful mechanic to handle this car; otherwise, you will end up paying more because everything in this car is electronic.

Keep in touch.Big Smile

skynet8

Posted 19 March 2002 - 04:11 PM

skynet8

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
Hi all,

I was driving a Renault Scenic and was service by Quasar from the 1st day i bought the car.
I suggest that all the Renault car better sent it back to Quasar to service as they contain alot of electronic parts.
For ex. i change my timing belt, they have all the special tools to change it. if not the car timing will not be align to the correct setting.
For the spare part, it is cheap to buy at renault but they r expensive on the labour charge.
Pls be carefull for the mechanic outside...the r not having all the special tools....

chrischay

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:40 PM

chrischay

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
great to find another renault user here. I do agree with you espcially continental cars are advisable to send back to it`s in-house service centre as these mechanics are properly trained and they are also fully equipped.
I have a fiat punto too and like you, from day one, the car was sent in to fiat service for maintenance.

how do you find your scenic ? it is actually a nice car but only a mini mpv; otherwise, i would have bought the car last year. my espace is another beauty; i enjoy driving the car except for driving to work, i.e. from ampang to 223.

see ya...Cool

GURJIT

Posted 19 March 2002 - 08:49 PM

GURJIT

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
My God, chris chay. You send your Punto to Torino. I am sure there are hidden problems that have not resurfaced as a result of servicing at Torino-- they are a bunch of morons. A car serviced at Torino definitely will have a reliability problem with low resale value, well, that`s my opinion.

Enjoy your Espace.

skynet8

Posted 20 March 2002 - 03:48 PM

skynet8

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
chrischay,

about my scenic i have a big problem with my absorber....other than that it is a fine car and very nice to drive...

about my absorber ...quasar replace it for me and it is still have the knocking sound till today it already change 3 set of absorber already...and today the quasar manager cum to my office personally to try and check the sound again...and he said i need to send it back again next week.....wat the helll...

For ur espace i like the dashboard alot ....than mine...full of digital ...

hope u enjoy ur espace alot....